Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys remember the Roths?

BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 2
I've just started playing TS2: UC after not touching TS2 in almost 8 years, and I completely forgot about a family in Riverblossom Hills called the Roths. They're like the Bizarro World Goths. There's Morty Roth, Stella Roth, and their children Sandra and Xander Roth. Have you guys ever played them? Where did you take their stories? I've played them for an hour or so and I'm sniffing out an affair on the horizon...

What are your thoughts on the Roths?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I remember them a little but never played them much. You should share your game play of them. Sounds fun! :mrgreen:
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I might post some screenshots when I have time, classes start back up tomorrow and I'm going to be swamped. I'm thinking of doing a reverso and having Morty Roth get kidnapped and dropped off in Strangetown to fall in love with memory-wiped Bella Goth...
  • RevoixRevoix Posts: 72 Member
    When you said in the title ''Roths'' I thought you did a spelling mistake xD I haven't played Riverblossom Hills yet. Please do post some screenshots though!
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I didn't remember them by name but I googled them and they look familiar.

The only family I ever played in Riverblossom Hills that wasn't a CAS family was the Greenmans with the Plantsim because that was new and exciting back then.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I think most of the Sim families are easily remembered because of the surnames they have been given which can be part of their character.
    Like cleo00, I too tried playing the Greenman family because of the Plantsim and I don't know what I was thinking playing the large family that was to placed in any neighbourhood (Ottowa?).
    It was a bit later on before I played the Roth family and couldn't believe the similarities between them and the Goth Family in Pleasantview - even the house! I remember thinking why I hadn't played them earlier! :
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    The Greenman plantsim baby was so cute!

Oh yes, I've always wondered why they were so mysterious. Maybe that was their appeal. The game implies in the family's backstory that Stella Roth is becoming restless within the marriage. Her work habits actually remind me more of Mary-Sue Pleasant than Bella Goth. But then again we never really got to know Bella Goth in TS2.