Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Sims 2 games, what do I do?!

hails9913hails9913 Posts: 1 New Member
Hi everyone!

This is my first time using the forums so please excuse me if I do something wrong or anything like that haha!
So I have pretty much all the Sims 2 games, and since I am in college, my dad is getting married and moving in with someone, and I have the Sims 3 & 4 its time to get rid of all my Sims 2 games...What should I, or what do I do with them? Does anyone want them, do I recycle them, or does anyone take them (gamestop etc.,)? I figured I would ask since we are now on the Sims 4 I didn't know if the Sims 2 had any value anymore :( Thank you! :) o:)

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @hails9913
    I appreciate you are probably being requested to clear out your stuff; is there other stuff you could clear out?
    I personally I wouldn't get rid of the Sims2 games - it is the most complete Sims game.
    It's going to be some time before Sims4 is at that level and I know a lot of players have (lag) problems with the Sims3 open neighbourhood.
    How frequently do you play Sims2?
    If it has been a reasonable period time since you last played e.g. over a year then maybe it is time to recycle?
    Sims2 games are still well sought after (demand for the Sims2 Ultimate Collection is high) - so there should be plenty of takers.
  • SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    Well before you even get rid of everything, I would contact EA/Origin and try and get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, so that once you get rid of the game disks, you can still play The Sims 2 without taking up storage space. Then I would try like donating them to Salvation army, if no one wants to buy them.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, I recommend you get in contact with EA so you get a free copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on your Origin account. But also, if you don't want your Sims 2 collection, I'd be more than happy to buy those from you, if that's okay.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I can't even imagine tossing sims games for any reason :o I play ts2 maybe once a year now between college and ts3. Can't get into 4, and ts1 hasn't worked properly in about a decade.
    But even still I have all of the ts1 and ts2 boxes on display in my office.

I'd make sure you are absolutely 100% certain you're ready to get rid of them before you do.

You can probably sell them used on Amazon.

I don't think a place like Gamestop would take them, but maybe.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @cleo00
    Sorry to read you haven't managed to get The Sims to play in a decade - have you read the threads in this category to solve the issue?