Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should child Sims be able to go on dates?

Comments

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited January 2016

haha they look great! :mrgreen:

Yeah. : D I still haven't found the flirt animations though. Just found this one now, c2c_cloningMachine_mirrorGame_x
    The animation is really cute, never saw it in game. Seems they are playing in front of a mirror.

[url=01_13_16_4_32_19_PM.png
    [/url]
    Post edited by Sofmc9 on
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Finally found the flirt animations for kids. : ) I can't try them all out ;), there are over 20+ animations.
    Here's c2c_romantic_T_flirt_sweetTalk_succeed_x
    01_13_16_5_28_43_PM.png

c2c_romantic_T_goSteady_giddy_succeed_x
    01_13_16_5_30_54_PM.png

01_13_16_5_31_06_PM.png
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd enjoy some very tame romance interactions for kids.

Edit: I just think I'd really enjoy playing a storyline of childhood sweethearts with some manner of innocent romance during the child stage. Even if it's like - "give promise ringpop" :p
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2016
    I ask this because from a personal point of view, I started having crushes at a really young age, something like 7 or 8, and I'm wondering why our child Sims can't also have crushes/fancy other child Sims.

And here I am being absolutely uninterested into dating and boys until one got a crush on me. I was 17 back then. Everyone is individual, I guess :-)

What I remember from my early school days is that even those 'child crushes' were actually more a of an imitation of adults lifestyle or a playing.
    I don't imply that no one can fall in love around that age, but I'm not sure if it's that kind of feature that would really enhance the game.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I don't think so. As stated above by some users, crushes would work better. I wish they would add the Wants and Fears plus an attraction system

That's a good idea! I would also like to see turn ons and turn offs return.

I'd like either turn-ons/turn-offs or a likes/dislikes for things like music genres, foods, TV shows/movies, etc. Your Sim would have to decide what things are deal breakers and what you can live with -- for example, if you're dating a hot guy who hates jazz while that's your favorite genre, or you love hamburgers and he's a vegetarian. Finding out the likes and dislikes could be a new interaction (Ask Favorite Food, Ask Favorite Music, etc.), or maybe you just have to guess by their reactions, thought/speech bubbles.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I agree with the children having crushes, as this is a perfectly normal, necessary stage in life. It's how we learn to love, ultimately. (I had my earliest crush in kindergarten. By first grade, I think I may have been in love with him, LOL.) However, there is simply NO WAY in Hades that child Sims should date. Not in the game, nor children in RL. Yes, I'm old-fashioned, but today's world has everybody doing everything they want, when they want regardless of consequences. True enough this line was used on teens in "Fiddler on the Roof", "From such children come other children." But don't think even for a minute that those younger than teens or pre-teens don't 'experiment', because they can and they do.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Crushes and the like I wouldn't mind. A play date (which we can already do) to the park with your child sim's crush would be fine for me. A little kiss on the cheek would be fine. Dating would so not be fine with me, though! I wouldn't mind some cute little interactions like "shares favorite candy" or "daydream about crush" something sweet and innocent along those lines. Instead of playing cops and robbers maybe they could defend an enchanted kingdom together (all imaginary play of course). There are some really cute ways they could bring age appropriate romance to the child life stage, but I don't like the idea of "dating" for the child life stage at all.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

Yeah. : D I still haven't found the flirt animations though. Just found this one now, c2c_cloningMachine_mirrorGame_x
    The animation is really cute, never saw it in game. Seems they are playing in front of a mirror.
    01_13_16_4_32_19_PM.png
    Mirror game is an interaction for clones, which is possible in the science career in GTW. :) It's really cute with kids, I agree!
    s8o445d.png
    CbZfmPD.png
    (She cloned herself a brother to boss around.)

As for the topic at hand, my first real crush was in 7th grade. I feel like crush-crushes should be limited to pre-teens at earliest as well. I'm fine with children having crushes, though I'd rather it's just hand holding and wanting to hang out with them often. Playdates are a thing in game, though it seems sort of rare... Maybe for me, since my now children are aging into teens so I don't get the pop up often... xD
    I think they prefer the bar these days. Oh, that Lucas Munch is a more worse influence than Max supposedly is. Tsk.
  • themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    Nah, for pre-teens/tweens it could be pretty adorable though.
    giphy.gif

• DemiDemi Posts: 49 Member
    Please no.
  • IndigoIndigo Posts: 89 Member
    Well, I think crushes should replace that. I had my first crush on this boy I thought was cute, and just as cute of an average sim child, in 1st/2nd grade, but then I was rejected by him. He said he didn't like me (no, it's not like that. He liked me as a friend though) That was sad. Lol, anyway, I think children should have small or huge crushes. If children confesse their crush to their crushes, their crushes might accept or reject them. If they accept, then why not a confession and a small kiss on the cheek? If reject, they will be disgusted and insult the ones that had a crush on them.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I had a more active "lovelife" as a gradeschooler than as a young adult, lol. Oh, the fits of jeaulousy... And anybody remember kindergarten marriage parties (or isn't that a thing in the US)?
    But I'd rather not have dating kids in the game. The kiddies can always form a two person group and pretend they have a date. It would be a date from their point of view just like it was for us at that age. Anything beyond that would be icky.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2016
    Me... it's not something I want to play in a game: children dating and having those options. I realize I'll be seen as a prude or old fashioned or some other nonsense. I just don't see myself as playing a child and telling it to kiss another child or to confess crush. It's a kid Sim, they should go out and play, be told to do their homework, and tease their siblings, hug their parents.

I really don't want too much RL or to play as a dating 6 year old Sim. My opinion, others may vary. :)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Playdates maybe. Romantic dates? Pluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum no.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    My sims daughter got invited over for a playdate. I thought that was cool. A don't think, even if they had a crush, children would be going on "dates" anyway, so that just doesn't seem likely to happen. More playdates would be nice though, and sleepovers.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I don't see why not. Play dates could be fun.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    With the rumour of the next game pack being 'Find Love' starting to make its way around the forum and Valentine's Day steadily approaching, I ask you this: should child Sims be able to go on dates with each other, and have crushes on other Sims their age?

I ask this because from a personal point of view, I started having crushes at a really young age, something like 7 or 8, and I'm wondering why our child Sims can't also have crushes/fancy other child Sims. Of course there wouldn't anything sexual about it like with adult sims' romantic relationships, it would purely be innocent crushes, hand holding and maybe a kiss on the cheek every now and again.

So what do you think? Would you like for your child Sims to be able to go out with other Sims their age on a cute little date? :)

tG4AuD9.gif

Why would a kid want go on a date?
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If it's not a play date, that's referred to as sexual abuse in the US over here.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited January 2016
    If it's not a play date, that's referred to as sexual abuse in the US over here.

for once i fully agree with you me i see play dates of sims kids vising another sim child but at his or her parents house and having a sleepover playing games and non related to valentine or romance just kids being kids having fun
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I have to say I'm firmly in the no camp on this one. I think it would be too weird, and if it was released with bugs or if kids got crushes on adults I would be seriously creeped out. I like that my kids are innocent and find romance gross.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I feel like it's more appropriate for Pre-Teens to start going on Dates than Children, although it would be nice to add Crushes where Child Sims don't really know what to do, so instead of Flirting with each other they throw paper balls at each other to get attention? Or something like that.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    NO! just NO!
  • Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I had my first crush at 8 years old, and my first girl friend at 8 too.... sure they weren't serious but it was cute.
    I think it would be okey.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Since players are already finding hidden flirt interactions for children, I'd say it's a safe bet the next game pack is going to be Valentine Day related, and it will include stuff for the kids to do, based on the fanbase's desire to have more interactions for children included in the game.

However, dev team, just because players want more interactions for children, I don't think that's what they had in mind. I see trouble up ahead when this is put into play with the next expansion pack. Because you know...Maxis = New Feature = Overkill.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Finally found the flirt animations for kids. : ) I can't try them all out ;), there are over 20+ animations.
    Here's c2c_romantic_T_flirt_sweetTalk_succeed_x
    01_13_16_5_28_43_PM.png

c2c_romantic_T_goSteady_giddy_succeed_x
    01_13_16_5_30_54_PM.png

01_13_16_5_31_06_PM.png
    These are awesome. But am I the only one disturbed that this is the same reaction adults have before having woohoo? :o
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top