Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Stuck in Neighbor's Town

Lanyu13Lanyu13 Posts: 6 New Member
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question. One of my Sim's is stuck in a Neighbor's Town and game crashes when I try to bring her back. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Without resetting game, which I'm guessing will take away all my progress. Thank you.

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have had the problem when I told a sim to return home in the neighbor town. But I could call the sim back from my own town anyway. So this solved it for me.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Actually, your game is saved in the cloud, so if you have to reset it, you may get the option to go back to your original save, and hopefully you can get your Sim back. It's worth a try.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Lanyu13Lanyu13 Posts: 6 New Member
    My game says can't be cloud saved because of Sim in another town (and that Sim is stuck there). So, does anyone know if I 'Unfriend' the person, will that send my Sim home or just really mess up my game?
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Lanyu13 wrote: »
    My game says can't be cloud saved because of Sim in another town (and that Sim is stuck there). So, does anyone know if I 'Unfriend' the person, will that send my Sim home or just really mess up my game?

Try uninstalling the game. Then reinstall it and tell it you want the game that was saved in the cloud. That should solve that problem.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes do as jarsie said and you should get it back if you have a save!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Hiya Lanyu13, does calling/whistle your Sim have any effect?
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    Thanks for suggestions. No luck, so far. I'm thinking of just letting her stay 'on vacation' in neighbor's town since she seems to like it so much there;)
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    Hi have you tried moving your sim to another location in the neighbors town first then try calling her back? Just a suggestion you may have already tried sometimes it can work.
    Can't seem to do anything with my stuck Sim. Although today it seems that the game task changed, but she is still not coming home and showing the original task. Adding insult, weekly task wants me to visit Neighbor's town. Sigh.
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    Another possibility is going to the cloud and selecting download save data if it will let you. Since you can't upload data while you have a sim in another town this would take you right back to your last upload before you sent the sim to the town and any progress you have made since that last save will be lost but at least it's better than starting the game over. Good luck
    I'm grateful for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. And I really don't want to try a reset of game, because, I would probably lose everything from Christmas to Puppies. I just keep hoping.