Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims standing outside waiting before each game play.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am suddenly having this problem now, when I didn't have it before. So it seems they STILL haven't patched it.

Hello.
    It occurs after you have been to manage world, and when playing another household. It is part of the game design and intentional that it is happening.

What exactly is the point of it though? I don't get the logic in it.

After you move around between households, the game loses track of what everyone was doing, so it leaves them standing outside the house to give you a chance to look at their needs and stuff and assign them to whatever you think they should be doing. Or give them a chance to decide what they need to do next. I just look at it like they're waiting for some stage direction before they actually start playing.

Thankyou for your thoughtful way of explaining how you look at the situation in your game. It will be help others simmers to understand about it, and the reason behind it.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Thankyou for your thoughtful way of explaining how you look at the situation in your game. It will be help others simmers to understand about it, and the reason behind it.
    Any little thing I can do to help. You do a lot a good in here.

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have found that when "entering" an household of several members, there are always one or two who are listed as being on another lot, but if I select a Sim on the home lot, there they all are, standing in front of the house, even the ones who were away. But if I select any of those who are away, the game begins with them on the lot they are visiting, which is often, but not always, the lot where I left them.

I rotation-play but every few days, not a week in one place solid. But to each their own.

Sometimes I hot-plug an household change, by going to testingcheats true and cas.fulleditmode on any housed NPC-- when I exit CAS----, , I find myself having left the household I launched into and now playing the household of the Sim I dragged into fulleditmode. No need to exit to the Worlds screen or the game.

Sometimes I jump to several households this way in a single sitting. The continuity between them is excellent. If I exit-and-save for another day, I can select the last household I played and they are exactly where I left off-- even the households I recently jumped out of.

Alas if I boot up into a completely different household, there they are, all standing outside the front gate, picking their noses or whatever. The good thing there is, I get them with all nearly-full "needs"-- even if their time is 2 AM.

NOTE: I have found this trick won't work on unhoused, "prop" Townies. I can't get control of them as they do not have a house. They are designed to be disposable background noise for a game which is focused on a public lot.
  • Options
    ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    I've started getting this glitch now since I let the current update install. I play my household (only household I have in the game), saved it last night with Save As, and when I load the game, the entire household is standing outside on the sidewalk instead of in the spots/activities I left them with before saving and exiting the game.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ChelleB24 wrote: »
    I've started getting this glitch now since I let the current update install. I play my household (only household I have in the game), saved it last night with Save As, and when I load the game, the entire household is standing outside on the sidewalk instead of in the spots/activities I left them with before saving and exiting the game.
    hi @ChelleB24 next time this happens be mindful if you went into managed world this will reset the household much like rotating households.
  • Options
    ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    Didn't go into Managed Worlds during my time playing, just saved and exited out of the game. when I loaded it up again, my sims were all standing on the sidewalk in front of the lot.
  • Options
    jackeificjackeific Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this problem too but what I do is that I do not exit the game until everyone is at home. Then I save and exit. The only time now that I have this problem is when the sims are at different lots. Therefore, to avoid aggravation, I just simply wait until all are home from work/school and then save and exit. This works for me.
  • Options
    ladybarefeetladybarefeet Posts: 35 Member
    What about the Sims missing work and school? That's a crappy thing to deal with. Right now all my sims are missing work and school, it's 1pm sim time and surely theyre going to get demoted.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What about the Sims missing work and school? That's a crappy thing to deal with. Right now all my sims are missing work and school, it's 1pm sim time and surely theyre going to get demoted.

Hello @ladybarefeet .
    If you switch to another household when it is during their school or working hours, it will show that they are late/missing from work or school. Try when switching to another household to do it at a time when it is not their work or school hours.
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    Im having this issue, when i save my game, and exit.
    I leave my sims doing something, save and quite game, go back to the same family, and their all outside the house doing nothing.

Really annoying!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm having this issue too, and I have a hard time believing that the Sims 4 team is foolish enough to intentionally add this in, like rosemow has stated. I play in a rotational style, and I feel all of the worst bugs seem to effect players who play in this manner, like relationship culling as well as this ridiculous nuisance. I guess the Sims 4 team expects us to play 1 household all the time, right? Like the Sims 1?? And why exactly can't I choose Save & Manage Neighborhood because I want to rotate households during gameplay? Is that now unreasonable for EA's standards? I didn't have this problem in the Sims 2. It's quite embarrassing really that a 10 year old game functions better than this game. My sims were all standing outside of their house today, and I had to send one of them to work because he was late, at level 10 of his career. When he got back from work, he was fired. Why? I don't know. And, of course, he was no longer friends with his husband because of relationship culling. Great job! Before I played, I even reset the game and all the files, so it should have been technically fixed.
    Sorry for the rant, but someone needs to fix this as well as other problems in the game, or I think the Sims will go in the same direction as Simcity, in the trash!
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too, and I have a hard time believing that the Sims 4 team is foolish enough to intentionally add this in, like rosemow has stated. I play in a rotational style, and I feel all of the worst bugs seem to effect players who play in this manner, like relationship culling as well as this ridiculous nuisance. I guess the Sims 4 team expects us to play 1 household all the time, right? Like the Sims 1?? And why exactly can't I choose Save & Manage Neighborhood because I want to rotate households during gameplay? Is that now unreasonable for EA's standards? I didn't have this problem in the Sims 2. It's quite embarrassing really that a 10 year old game functions better than this game. My sims were all standing outside of their house today, and I had to send one of them to work because he was late, at level 10 of his career. When he got back from work, he was fired. Why? I don't know. And, of course, he was no longer friends with his husband because of relationship culling. Great job! Before I played, I even reset the game and all the files, so it should have been technically fixed.
    Sorry for the rant, but someone needs to fix this as well as other problems in the game, or I think the Sims will go in the same direction as Simcity, in the trash!

Hello
    SimGuruNick wrote about the issue in this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15079035/#Comment_15079035

If you use mods MC Command Center mods contains many features/functions and has help for culling, relationship culling and relationship decay issues
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Thanks, glad to see it's getting some attention, I'll have to try that mod
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Thanks, glad to see it's getting some attention, I'll have to try that mod

Hello.
    The MC Command Center mod is very helpful, and there are many simmers that will help you if have questions about the settings.