Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the mac sims 2 super collection worth to buy?

RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
So the sims 2 super collection cost 30 dollars in apple store and I only have a mac so I can't play the free sims 2 ultimate collection version that I already have in Origin. I saw that there was no apartment life and free time EPs in the mac version that costs 30 dollars. So I was wondering if you guys can advice me if it's worth it or not to still buy it? I mean I have the money to buy it but I don't know how much I will be missing of gameplay without apartment life and free time....
tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't have a Mac, but I can tell you that both of those (Apartment Life, and Free Time) will add quite a bit of enjoyment to your game. To give you a little bit of an idea of what they will add, you can check out these links.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_FreeTime
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't have a Mac, but I can tell you that both of those (Apartment Life, and Free Time) will add quite a bit of enjoyment to your game. To give you a little bit of an idea of what they will add, you can check out these links.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_FreeTime
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life

It is possible to purchase a Windows license and install Windows though Boot Camp but you'll need to own The Sims 2 on PC (such as the CD/DVD or Ultimate Collection) to play it.

In addition to The Sims 2 FreeTime and The Sims 2 Apartment Life, there are also Stuff Packs that are released on Windows.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    I have been wondering it too. I have a mac and I did bootcamp mine. It caused lots of issues and in the end I had to rebuild my macbook pro. which meant loosing sims 2 UC I had been playing. I'm looking at getting the super collection because of this and the desktop I'm trying to get to work won't on the install. I have thread on that if anyone thinks they can help.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • tinypeepz202tinypeepz202 Posts: 44 Member
    It's definitely worth it! I've had it for a year now, and I've been playing non-stop. Yeah, Apartment Life and Free Time made Sims 2 really fun, but it's still good without those two EPs.
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    I have it, and it's worth getting if you loved Sims 2. It's a little disappointing not having the other stuff packs and expansions, but the game runs beautifully.
  • Musicologue92Musicologue92 Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly I find it satisfying. Having had the Mansions and Garden stuff, I miss the building capacity that title permitted in the series, and I also had H&M fashion stuff too. The visuals are far better than I remember them being, despite having a very high end HP PC back in the day on my New MacBook Pro, it looks every bit as stunning as on my older MacBook Pro. I just wish there would be a bundle or a pay to play extra which would include the rest for like 20 or 30 more bucks. I would have been okay way that. AT LEAST custom content can be downloaded via some of the good sites like thesimsresource and parsimonious and modthesims.
  • dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    It's super worth it, it runs surprisingly well on the mac. Those 2 EP's are fun, but they aren't compatible with mac. So if you're looking for the sims 2 that'll actually work for you, it's pretty much your only option that isn't gonna either not work on your computer at all or seriously mess up your computer in the process
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    It is definitely worth it but I have started contacting Aspyr to see if Freetime & Apartment Life will be ported for Mac in the future.

Any Sims game is worth it!
  • WarriorSimWarriorSim Posts: 2 New Member
    JayGlover did Aspyr ever get back to you?