Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    brappl218 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this means?
    I am on Win7 - Super Patch 1.67. I have not updated. Since the first 1.69 update every time I load the launcher I get a script message:
    An error has occurred in the script on this page
    Line 0
    Char0
    Error: Script Error
    Code 0
    URL: http//video.unrulymedia.com/carousel_availability_14068839 0.js
    Do you want to continue running scripts o this page?

That is a constant error that we get until EA fixes it and then it happens again. It is caused by the ads they put on the Launcher and the solution for us is to choose not to continue running scripts on the page.

The error you describe comes and goes depending on what EA have decided to advertise on the launcher.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had that happen sometimes when opening my launcher while hooke up to the internet to download store content and just told it to stop running the scripts.I'm still at 167 and have no plans to update to the new patch.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    NanoThree wrote: »
    YAY!!!

It's definitely nice to see some support coming through for this, and to know that those who have followed the franchise throughout the years haven't been forgotten. I work in game development and it's often a VERY thankless job, so I tend to work around things and go with the flow, lest I become one of those players that march in with my 'sense of entitlement' flag waving.

HUGE thanks to the team for the update.

I truly appreciate what they (EA) are able to do within the game but I do not feel I'm waving any sort of entitlement flag when they take a game that has not been updated in 1 1/2 years and has basically been abandoned for over a year and do some crazy "update" that has no real purpose, was not properly checked out and has caused real problems. With all the money invested in The Sims franchise, that is not entitlement but contractual.

Now I sit here unable to use a feature (CAW) that worked perfectly well at 1.67 and play a game that is NOW only partially modified (by a group of unaffiliated people willing to give their time to improving something that was the responsibility of EA) and hoping for additional mod updates from those creators who have moved on and certainly have better things to do with their time than deal with an out-dated game and reasonably assumed they would need do nothing further than the 1.67 patch so long ago.
    crinrict wrote: »
    So yet another update ?

What does it do ? @SimGuruDrake

Just in case you missed it, it apparently fixed the problem with the Pack Manager not allowing us to save the preference of not seeing that silly, pointless popup regarding which EPs/SPs we wanted to play! Great but I'm back to square one with getting yet another mod update for a few that I have. Plus, I hear that CAW is still a no-go on the EIG. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

@SimGuruDrake ~ Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!! My CAW Works.. I was one who had downloaded the CAW and practiced, and practiced making Worlds. I had perfected a World, Only to find out that I could Not Edit it in Game,It took me a while to discover the Problem and after talking with some Forum people and even Origin Help - I had to Uninstall the CAW-- Until Now ~~ Tonight for the first time- I was able to edit my World in Game !
    [IMG]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/thank-you-gif-reaction.gif?gs=a[/IMG]

So, are you saying that we need to uninstall any CAW installations prior to 1.69.43 and then reinstall the new one? If so, did your worlds just copy back in okay? I've not had to do any of that for quite a while so can't remember if there were additional steps. (Bad on me but I've not used CAW since I replaced my harddrive this summer! Just trying to find out what I'll need to do before I get back in...:) )
  • littletimea672littletimea672 Posts: 17 New Member
    Crinrict wrote:
    Did you download it from that special link or from the webpage ?

I download the CAW tool from this forum.
  • brappl218brappl218 Posts: 150 Member
    @Karritz Thank you very much.
    brappl
    NraasSignature.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @columbia93 - I would think that if Your CAW does not work, to uninstall it and use the CAW link from this Forum and then ( hopefully ) it will work... I have read that there is still problems...

It works for me.. It takes time to go into Edit it in game But its there, and I can place Buildings and Venues..

Good Luck with it everyone
  • dabynajeandabynajean Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2016
    @Pinkusfamily

Hello, may I ask that if your CAW and EIG always work well?

Cause I've re-installed my CAW, download from this Forum by the way, at least 5 times. CAW always works fine, but EIG seldom works. For a few times, EIG loads in one of my old creation, I can edit it in game and save it. But mostly, the game and CAW just crash. And, I could never edit a new world in game. I have no idea about what makes the EIG work or doesn't work. Even more, it always fail when saving in EIG.

Does your EIG work with both old and new world files? Did you update your TS3 from 1.67, or download 1.69 directly? Did you install your TS3 and CAW in custom folder? Can you save your world in EIG mode?

Sorry for so many questions, and I really appreciate your help! A million thanks!
    Another thing since this patch. I get that silly message at the world menu about mod scripts found (exact working I can't remember). I do have a few Nraas mods - MC, SP and the 1.69.43 updated Error Trap. Those mods are reputed to work with this game patch. It wasn't doing this before so, is there a way to turn it off?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    Another thing since this patch. I get that silly message at the world menu about mod scripts found (exact working I can't remember). I do have a few Nraas mods - MC, SP and the 1.69.43 updated Error Trap. Those mods are reputed to work with this game patch. It wasn't doing this before so, is there a way to turn it off?

It's always done that.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 2016
    TreyNutz wrote: »

It's always done that.

Only with the downloads and those who use discs without a certain Nraas mod but since I switched to discs and use that mod I no longer get that but that one is unnecessary if you use downloads
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 2016

Only if you switch to discs and stay on patch 1.67 and use a certain Nraas mod otherwise you'll just have to put up with that little pop up
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @dabynajean ~~ Way before these recent Up dates, before Sims 4 came out in Nov.- I had tried to work on world making - I downloaded CAW from Sims 3 site, I worked diligently on practice world making , I perfected a world Only to find out that I could Not edit it in Game. I searched high and Low all over the internet to find out why this was happening to me, Even spoke to Origin Help about this unfortunate issue- found out others were having the same difficulty plus more..So realizing that I may Never be able to work on World making I uninstalled CAW from my computer,I satisfied myself with Making lots and Homes and Venues for EA worlds, and discovered some Awesome World makers from our own Sims 3 site..

Now recently along came this New CAW . I read that it would now work, so I down loaded it and low and behold It worked for me.. I am still having slow goings, it switching from CAW to In game edit takes a good couple of minutes, and some times it does crash- I think it may be that I have some Mods that are affecting it in Edit game..
    Anyway- I am still working on it to see if there are any bugs in it for me...The main issue I had was originally - before the updates it would Not work in Edit in game...Now they fixed it to work..

I know everyone's computer is different , so it still may not work for some...For me I am working through it slowly - It goes to edit in game and I have set down the town hall and worked on the town, But it has crashed on me, I do Have Mods- I am looking into it on my computer to see how I can get through it..

I hope I have helped you..

Diane
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2016
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    TreyNutz wrote: »

It's always done that.

Only with the downloads...

Really? There's no warning about script mods at the save game chooser screen with the disk version? Never having had any TS3 disks, I didn't know that.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
    I didn't have that before the 1.69 patch, which just happened for me last week because I hadn't been through Origin directly in a very long time. I don't use a disc and haven't since reinstalling after replacing my hard drive this summer. I do have some of the earlier games on disc but started purchasing the EPs/SPs from Origin when they were pricing them so low. Also, before 1.69.42 patched my game, I was able to start the game by-passing Launcher so wonder if that is why things are different now.

Oh, well, it's an annoyance and yet one more thing to have to click through since EA messed with everything. Would like to be able to go back to not using the Launcher but So tired of fussing with this and trying to get updated mods, etc., that I'm finding myself resigned to whatever poo-poo they decide to throw my way...
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Game is fully patched now...did this patch bork the in game gifting system? I've not been able to do this since the game patched. (I was able to last week). It's a fun little feature that I love. Alas it's stopped working. It's also stating that, while in game, on my player profile, and only there the game is stating I've not registered any games (which BTW, I have them all). It does however show up on the Origin client and the ts3 My Page area. Just not in game.

I called EA support and their standard response was to re-install. I kind of didn't want to do that as this seems to be the only thing borked and was wondering, has anyone else experienced trouble with this?

I do wonder if EA grasps the implications stuff like this has on their brand. I know for my household, we have held off on EA games (quite a few titles) due to buggy issues from games we already have and though some may be on on wishlist (DA:I) we have held off.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I do wonder if EA grasps the implications stuff like this has on their brand.

Anyone not aware that EA sells undebugged software is either new to the gaming world or is living disconected to the web, as they've been doing this for YEARS, NONSTOP, and buyers simply dont seem to care about paying for a non functionnal game...

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    I do wonder if EA grasps the implications stuff like this has on their brand.

Anyone not aware that EA sells undebugged software is either new to the gaming world or is living disconected to the web, as they've been doing this for YEARS, NONSTOP, and buyers simply dont seem to care about paying for a non functionnal game...

I care and haven't purchased any more of Sims 4 beyond the base game because of it.

I'm currently filling my Sims 3 game with mods and CC so I no longer worry about what EA is up to. Fortunately I have so far managed to avoid patch 1.69 and hope I can continue to do that. I'm very happy about doing without any future EA games.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Game is fully patched now...did this patch bork the in game gifting system? I've not been able to do this since the game patched. (I was able to last week). It's a fun little feature that I love. Alas it's stopped working. It's also stating that, while in game, on my player profile, and only there the game is stating I've not registered any games (which BTW, I have them all). It does however show up on the Origin client and the ts3 My Page area. Just not in game.

I called EA support and their standard response was to re-install. I kind of didn't want to do that as this seems to be the only thing borked and was wondering, has anyone else experienced trouble with this?

I do wonder if EA grasps the implications stuff like this has on their brand. I know for my household, we have held off on EA games (quite a few titles) due to buggy issues from games we already have and though some may be on on wishlist (DA:I) we have held off.

I too have this problem. I'm more or less thinking that it happened right after they did the update for the store where they moved the purchasing of the simpoints and world bundles to Origin. I've sent SimGuruDrake a message about this along with links made by other people having the same problem. She said that she will pass this on to the team for them to look in to. Hopeful they can get the in-game gifting working again.

• dabynajeandabynajean Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2016
    @Pinkusfamily Thanks for replying!

Well, I believe that there must be some reasons make mine (and other's) EIG doesn't work. Still I don't know why. But I'm pretty sure that it's not because of the hardware or software of my computer, since the game just couldn't load in the world file and crash immediately, even if the world file I used to test was just a tiny flat map with only 1 empty lot. And when the world file is successful loaded, no matter how little (or none) change I made, a "system error" always made saving fail.

However, I really appreciate for your help! Wish you enjoy in making a new world. :smiley:
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    I'm very happy about doing without any future EA games.

Fortunately for them/unfortunately for us, EA does not seem to have suffered a significant loss of customers beyond the economic crisis lately. I'm doubtful their practice will ever change as long as there's money coming in.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I too have this problem. I'm more or less thinking that it happened right after they did the update for the store where they moved the purchasing of the simpoints and world bundles to Origin. I've sent SimGuruDrake a message about this along with links made by other people having the same problem. She said that she will pass this on to the team for them to look in to. Hopeful they can get the in-game gifting working again.

@lisasc360 thanks for sending the message. I know it's a small thing, but it's a feature that I really like. It was one of those good things (of many) that keeps me coming back to TS3.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top