Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    Sims who have the "Hate Children" trait will become tense from trying for a baby with their partner. Even the possibility of conceiving is stressful for them lol. Furthermore, if its the husband that hates kids, he will get a negative moodlet and will not be happy at all when his partner announces her pregnancy.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    If all the toilets on the lot are being used/busy, a pregnant sim with morning sickness that desperately needs to puke can puke on the floor.

Some sims with a very bad relationship with each other may not wave cheerfully, but can glare at each other if you make them talk to each other.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    If all the toilets on the lot are being used/busy, a pregnant sim with morning sickness that desperately needs to puke can puke on the floor.

Some sims with a very bad relationship with each other may not wave cheerfully, but can glare at each other if you make them talk to each other.

That glare must be new as I have two sims that are enemies that used to still wave, unless now maybe the romance needs to be bad too or I just wasn't paying attention. Next time I play I'll have to check that out.

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

That glare must be new as I have two sims that are enemies that used to still wave, unless now maybe the romance needs to be bad too or I just wasn't paying attention. Next time I play I'll have to check that out.

Ah, the only two sims I have noticed it from were those two siblings, and they hate each other. :# Maybe a trait possibly triggers it?
    The male teen's Hot-Headed/Insane and the girl's Snob/Insane. :o
    @Cement Possibly, although one of the sims within the two of them is evil and mean so I'd suspect her to glare. The guy is outgoing so maybe he'd still be friendly, not sure.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Cement wrote: »

The Dec patch updated how sims greet each other. There is the cheek-kissing, angry glare (that my Dylan and Landgraab always do XD) and the normal wave with 'deg deg' that takes like forever when you're in a group conversation of friends and they all know each other and they would spend one hour just to deg deg each other. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    > @DeKay said:
    > LosaruTaiyo wrote: »
    >
    > Cement wrote: »
    >
    > If all the toilets on the lot are being used/busy, a pregnant sim with morning sickness that desperately needs to puke can puke on the floor.
    >
    > Some sims with a very bad relationship with each other may not wave cheerfully, but can glare at each other if you make them talk to each other.

> That glare must be new as I have two sims that are enemies that used to still wave, unless now maybe the romance needs to be bad too or I just wasn't paying attention. Next time I play I'll have to check that out.

> The Dec patch updated how sims greet each other. There is the cheek-kissing, angry glare (that my Dylan and Landgraab always do XD) and the normal wave with 'deg deg' that takes like forever when you're in a group conversation of friends and they all know each other and they would spend one hour just to deg deg each other. LOL.

What cheek-kissing greetings are these? I don't think I have seen my Sims do that! :(
    Nini wrote: »
    > @DeKay said:
    > LosaruTaiyo wrote: »
    >
    > Cement wrote: »
    >
    > If all the toilets on the lot are being used/busy, a pregnant sim with morning sickness that desperately needs to puke can puke on the floor.
    >
    > Some sims with a very bad relationship with each other may not wave cheerfully, but can glare at each other if you make them talk to each other.

> That glare must be new as I have two sims that are enemies that used to still wave, unless now maybe the romance needs to be bad too or I just wasn't paying attention. Next time I play I'll have to check that out.

> The Dec patch updated how sims greet each other. There is the cheek-kissing, angry glare (that my Dylan and Landgraab always do XD) and the normal wave with 'deg deg' that takes like forever when you're in a group conversation of friends and they all know each other and they would spend one hour just to deg deg each other. LOL.

What cheek-kissing greetings are these? I don't think I have seen my Sims do that! :(

They kiss each other on the cheeks like this (this is taken from the Windenburg trailer):
    MGYCgTk.gif

I saw it before in my game as well with two male townies but I didn't get a screenshot. :\
    832XG3D.gif
  • sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as it is a long thread but the daughter in my family (young adult) was demonstrating her moves on their home dance floor at a house party they were hosting and her brother was also near the dance floor (also a ya) and he was covering his face in embarrassment with his hand and shaking his head as if to say "Oh my plumbob! Sister nooooo!" Hahahaha! :D Too funny.
  • GottesfrendeGottesfrende Posts: 47 Member
    I don't know if this has yet been mentioned, if so... sorry for the redundancy. Ever want to get an object placed just "so so" but try as you might, it keeps auto-placing in the spots you don't want it to? Say you want a piece of decor or clutter in a certain spot. I learned today that to do this, place other objects/clutter in the spot that keeps auto-choosing (It is best to have bb.moveobjects" cheat on). Then, once you have the space all cluttered up with objects that have auto-placed, choose the object you want placed in an exact spot. Hold down the option key and place it. Delete the other objects, and your chosen one will be in the exact spot you wanted it... say on a table, mantle or otherwise.
  • xooemilyxooemily Posts: 133 Member
    I didn't know that there was a tool to change the colour of a placed item because I'm bad at paying attention. T~T
    edited January 2016
    Sims can have detached or attached earlobes.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't know if this has yet been mentioned, if so... sorry for the redundancy. Ever want to get an object placed just "so so" but try as you might, it keeps auto-placing in the spots you don't want it to? Say you want a piece of decor or clutter in a certain spot. I learned today that to do this, place other objects/clutter in the spot that keeps auto-choosing (It is best to have bb.moveobjects" cheat on). Then, once you have the space all cluttered up with objects that have auto-placed, choose the object you want placed in an exact spot. Hold down the option key and place it. Delete the other objects, and your chosen one will be in the exact spot you wanted it... say on a table, mantle or otherwise.

You can just press the M key while having an item on a surface (plant on a table for example) and the M key will shuffle through the slots. It's much easier that way :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > Gottesfrende wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know if this has yet been mentioned, if so... sorry for the redundancy. Ever want to get an object placed just "so so" but try as you might, it keeps auto-placing in the spots you don't want it to? Say you want a piece of decor or clutter in a certain spot. I learned today that to do this, place other objects/clutter in the spot that keeps auto-choosing (It is best to have bb.moveobjects" cheat on). Then, once you have the space all cluttered up with objects that have auto-placed, choose the object you want placed in an exact spot. Hold down the option key and place it. Delete the other objects, and your chosen one will be in the exact spot you wanted it... say on a table, mantle or otherwise.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can just press the M key while having an item on a surface (plant on a table for example) and the M key will shuffle through the slots. It's much easier that way :)

I'm referring to placing an item outside of a slot actually...
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > Gottesfrende wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know if this has yet been mentioned, if so... sorry for the redundancy. Ever want to get an object placed just "so so" but try as you might, it keeps auto-placing in the spots you don't want it to? Say you want a piece of decor or clutter in a certain spot. I learned today that to do this, place other objects/clutter in the spot that keeps auto-choosing (It is best to have bb.moveobjects" cheat on). Then, once you have the space all cluttered up with objects that have auto-placed, choose the object you want placed in an exact spot. Hold down the option key and place it. Delete the other objects, and your chosen one will be in the exact spot you wanted it... say on a table, mantle or otherwise.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can just press the M key while having an item on a surface (plant on a table for example) and the M key will shuffle through the slots. It's much easier that way :)

I'm referring to placing an item outside of a slot actually...

Why not just hold the Alt key then? hmm
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    Ever since that patch the tv looks scrambled. Like it need a antenna or cable. Is anyone else experiencing this
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
    Ever since that patch the tv looks scrambled. Like it need a antenna or cable. Is anyone else experiencing this

It's a new feature that happens when you're playing at speed 2/3.
    832XG3D.gif
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited January 2016
    DeKay wrote: »

It's a new feature that happens when you're playing at speed 2/3.

They_say_it_s_a_feature.jpg
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I have managed to read most of this thread by now. Loving the continuous tidbits of info thank you thank you :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
    edited January 2016
    take0nme wrote: »
    I have managed to read most of this thread by now. Loving the continuous tidbits of info thank you thank you :)

We try our best. ;3

Did you know that about 9 voice actors were used for the Sims 4? Some of them include Hyden Walch, better known for voicing Princess Bubblegum in Adventure Time and Fred Tatasciore who has a long list of credits including voicing The Hulk in various games and shows and Gato in the English dub of Naruto.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    While playing yesterday I noticed that all my herbal brews I had on shelves were gone and some of my bought potions.

Then I moved from a bedroom to the bathroom next to it and there was the >:) maid in there drinking all of the potions I had. He would get naked take a potion off the wall get in the tup with a bubble bath and drink it then get out and put the empty jar in the refrig. I thought all the maids did was come in a clean, not steal!
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    BTW his bottom was fired fast :)
    While playing yesterday I noticed that all my herbal brews I had on shelves were gone and some of my bought potions.

Then I moved from a bedroom to the bathroom next to it and there was the >:) maid in there drinking all of the potions I had. He would get naked take a potion off the wall get in the tup with a bubble bath and drink it then get out and put the empty jar in the refrig. I thought all the maids did was come in a clean, not steal!

I would say he was fired fast. Guess burglars are still in the game. Just under the guise of house cleaners and taking your consumables. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

> Why not just hold the Alt key then? hmm

Because doing so will still make the object snap to the open slot and the "m" key will cycle through the open ones. I'm talking about filling all the slots so that auto-placement doesn't happen thereby allowing you to place the object anywhere on the surface you desire. Holding the option/alt key doesn't keep the item from snapping to the open slot during placement and in some instances will not allow you to move the object at all (forwards and backwards, for example). But with all the slots used, you can use the 9/0 keys and the option/alt key to place the item anywhere on the surface you want.
  • take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    take0nme wrote: »

We try our best. ;3

Did you know that about 9 voice actors were used for the Sims 4? Some of them include Hyden Walch, better known for voicing Princess Bubblegum in Adventure Time and Fred Tatasciore who has a long list of credits including voicing The Hulk in various games and shows and Gato in the English dub of Naruto.

Very cool! I do voice work in real life and this is a great bit of info!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top