Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 University installing problem

maliiisamaliiisa Posts: 4 New Member
I was able to install University normally and it's about 95% done, when it asks to put The Sims 2 base game cd 4 in. I do that and it starts to look for some updates, but suddenly it stops and says it couldnt be done and uninstalls the game completely. I tried it couple of times but it did the same again and again. :(

Does anybody have any idea what to do about this?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I suggest contacting Customer Support under Help near the bottom of the page and tell them you're having this problem. They should be able to help you or to get you something that works better. :)
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    maliiisa wrote: »
    I was able to install University normally and it's about 95% done, when it asks to put The Sims 2 base game cd 4 in. I do that and it starts to look for some updates, but suddenly it stops and says it couldnt be done and uninstalls the game completely. I tried it couple of times but it did the same again and again. :(

Does anybody have any idea what to do about this?
    Hello maliiisa
    Is your issue resolved?
    Prior to installing or after uninstalling, do some maintenance - disk clean up and defragment, restart your computer then install. If you don't do this there will be remnants of your previous game which causes re-installing to reach some percentage of installing then cancelling. Also ensure the disk is clean too. :)
    I think the problem lies with the fact University Life was the first expansion pack for Sims2. Sims2 enjoys all expansion and stuff packs to be installed in the chronological order that they were released.
    Is your Sims2 Base Game a multipack? Part of it, may have to be uninstalled, install University Life, then whatever the other combination is.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
  • maliiisamaliiisa Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, my issue is solved. I contacted EA about it, and they didn't actually solve it, but instead gave me The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.. Which i wasn't expecting at all. :D The downside of it, is that i had spend the entire last week on finding all the expansion and stuff packs for the sims 2 and had actually bought them already.. So they'll be arriving for me this week. But that's ok, as long as i can get playing soon!

So thanks Rflong7 for the tip. And thanks LadysimPlayer8 too for your time. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Awesome~ I was hoping they would. Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
  • PrincessEve200PrincessEve200 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is my first time on this site but I thought to let ppl know if u have issue installing any Sims 2 expansion packs download something called ccleaner and clean out ur registries fully leave nothen there cause those files are from things u uninstalled and there not needed and will stop u from installing what u are trying too I had this issues and just did this and now I'm able to install all the packs I hope I dident confuse anyone and hope this helps
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Hi, I had trouble finding a page thats recent. I need help in University 2. My sim graduated with a 4.0 gpa. She was in the bin and I moved her back to her family home where her parents are. But she never got there and she's not in bin from Univ. She just vanished into thin air. I'm very upset about this because I put a lot of work and time into this family. She was the sim that would continue my game, now she's gone.