Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    Updated my game today. My game runs fine, and best of all CAW works again! Woohoo! But it did crash when I tried to open edit in game.
  • NanoThreeNanoThree Posts: 4 New Member
    YAY!!!

It's definitely nice to see some support coming through for this, and to know that those who have followed the franchise throughout the years haven't been forgotten. I work in game development and it's often a VERY thankless job, so I tend to work around things and go with the flow, lest I become one of those players that march in with my 'sense of entitlement' flag waving.

HUGE thanks to the team for the update.
  • I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    Hello everyone!

Today we had a small update to the Origin Client for The Sims 3 that will enable the users who took part in our last Origin client update to now use the updated CAW tool.

I want to reiterate that this version of the CAW tool is ONLY for those who have downloaded the Origin update (that means that in order to use this version of the CAW tool you need to have the previous Origin Client updated PLUS the client update we released today otherwise this tool will not work for you.)

After you download the client update please visit this link to download the updated CAW tool: http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/ts3caw.exe

If you did NOT take part in the previous update and did not download the update today please use this version of the CAW tool:
    thesims3.com/game/tools/world

We will be updating the tools page on TheSims3.com with this new CAW tool soon and will update this page once it has been.

Post it on TheSims3.com NewsFeed.
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • michellezwaamichellezwaa Posts: 2 New Member
    i have found an other problem. my downloads from the website won't install anymore and are deleted from my sims 3 game.. if i want to install them again, it says i need the newest update?? i already updated the latest version today 1.69.42.024017 ?
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @SimGuruDrake ~ Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!! My CAW Works.. I was one who had downloaded the CAW and practiced, and practiced making Worlds. I had perfected a World, Only to find out that I could Not Edit it in Game,It took me a while to discover the Problem and after talking with some Forum people and even Origin Help - I had to Uninstall the CAW-- Until Now ~~ Tonight for the first time- I was able to edit my World in Game !
    [IMG]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/thank-you-gif-reaction.gif?gs=a[/IMG]
  • dabynajeandabynajean Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2016
    I update my game and download the world tool, but the EDIT IN GAME mode doesn't work.
    Every time I try to edit a world in game, both the game and world tool crashed.
    I re-installed them both and try again, but the problem remains.
    World tool could be nothing if it can't run the EIG mode.
    Please fix it, a million thanks!!! :(
    Post edited by dabynajean on
  • littletimea672littletimea672 Posts: 17 New Member
    I have the new update and the updated CAW tool, but in Edit in game mod I can not to save my world, because 'System error' . :( Please help!
    :( I re-installed the new caw tool, now the problem is, that the game do not loading in to edit in game mod. No one worlds loading in.
  • BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    Those having problems with EIG, do you happen to have any mods installed?
    Also, make sure you have version 1.69.42.024017 or later as it wasn't fixed until 1.69.42. The 1.69.36 had the problems with CAW and EIG.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    So yet another update ?

What does it do ? @SimGuruDrake
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

> @crinrict said:
    > So yet another update ?
    >
    > 1.69.43
    >
    > What does it do ? @SimGuruDrake

Seems to fix the fact that pop up you got if you have multiple SP/EP's enabled and clicked "Do not show this message again" didn't stop the message from showing.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Bazajaytee wrote: »
    > @crinrict said:
    > So yet another update ?
    >
    > 1.69.43
    >
    > What does it do ? @SimGuruDrake

Seems to fix the fact that pop up you got if you have multiple SP/EP's enabled and clicked "Do not show this message again" didn't stop the message from showing.

^It was a small update to help fix the pop up issue :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    That's what I hoped.

Thanks

Does it also fix the EPs from getting unchecked by themselves ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I do a question about the deauthorization and SecuROM. On 1.69, I've noticed that the deauthorize this machine button was removed on the Launcher implying that Sims 3 has dropped SecuROM. I'm told SecuROM was only dropped from the base game while EPs/SPs still have SecuROM. Would that mean that to deauthorize Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, would I have to uninstall the latest game (e.g., Info the Future) to deauthorize it with 1.69 update install? Also, do any EPs or SPs downloaded from Origin still require authorization when used with 1.69?
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    Bazajaytee: <Those having problems with EIG, do you happen to have any mods installed?
    Also, make sure you have version 1.69.42.024017 or later as it wasn't fixed until 1.69.42. The 1.69.36 had the problems with CAW and EIG.>

Now I have the 1.69.43.024017. TS3 game update, I use a new and empty vanilla game, I had re-install the updated CAW Tool, again and again, but no luck, my EIG is still does not working.

Morgane07: <I installed the sims 3 update (1.69.42.024017) and the origin update (Version 9.11.2.10120 - 403336) but there is a problem in the CAW with the "edit in game" mode. When it's loaded, I have this message: "A serious error occurred when [...] We strongly recommend that you close the aplication.".
    And when I close the message, the main game menu appears.>

I have the same problem now, as Morgane07. But my first EIG problem was, that I could not to save the game in EIG, because 'System error'. I am so tried with this lot of problem with EIG, but I love to create worlds. I hope that the help came soon. :(
  • DragonshyDragonshy Posts: 61 Member
    > @Bazajaytee said:
    > > @crinrict said:
    > > So yet another update ?
    > >
    > > 1.69.43
    > >
    > > What does it do ? @SimGuruDrake
    >
    > Seems to fix the fact that pop up you got if you have multiple SP/EP's enabled and clicked "Do not show this message again" didn't stop the message from showing.
    >

That's great news! The pop up has been very frustrating.
    Now I have the 1.69.43.024017 game patch, I use a new and empty vanilla game, I have re-installed the updated CAW tool, but I still have the problem, that the Eig is does not loading in. :(
    > @WinMacSims3 said:
    > @SimGuruDrake I do a question about the deauthorization and SecuROM. On 1.69, I've noticed that the deauthorize this machine button was removed on the Launcher implying that Sims 3 has dropped SecuROM. I'm told SecuROM was only dropped from the base game while EPs/SPs still have SecuROM. Would that mean that to deauthorize Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, would I have to uninstall the latest game (e.g., Info the Future) to deauthorize it with 1.69 update install? Also, do any EPs or SPs downloaded from Origin still require authorization when used with 1.69?

My EP/SP's updated late last week (now install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 and not C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\, looks like the ones you get on Origin now don't use SecuROM like the new 1.69 version of the game.
    Now I have the 1.69.43.024017 game patch, I use a new and empty vanilla game, I have re-installed the updated CAW tool, but I still have the problem, that the Eig is does not loading in. :(

Did you download it from that special link or from the webpage ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Does it also fix the EPs from getting unchecked by themselves ?

I got this very same problem... I ALWAYS play with ALL my expansions active, and yet, sometimes, they get all unchecked, sometimes, some get unchecked while some stay checked, and, sometimes, they all stay checked. What exactly is causing this? My first thoughts were background stealth updates wrecking havoc in users settings, as I ran into a similar problem with Windows, However, I found no information about it...

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    > @WinMacSims3 said:
    > @SimGuruDrake I do a question about the deauthorization and SecuROM. On 1.69, I've noticed that the deauthorize this machine button was removed on the Launcher implying that Sims 3 has dropped SecuROM. I'm told SecuROM was only dropped from the base game while EPs/SPs still have SecuROM. Would that mean that to deauthorize Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, would I have to uninstall the latest game (e.g., Info the Future) to deauthorize it with 1.69 update install? Also, do any EPs or SPs downloaded from Origin still require authorization when used with 1.69?

My EP/SP's updated late last week (now install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 and not C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\, looks like the ones you get on Origin now don't use SecuROM like the new 1.69 version of the game.

Thanks for the find. I've downloaded an EP and a SP and have no SecuRom on my computer. So I guess we're safe now.
    AHQ Tutorial

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I hope this update didn't affect CAW! Thanks for the update, that pop up was really annoying.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    > WinMacSims3 said:
    > SimGuruDrake I do a question about the deauthorization and SecuROM. On 1.69, I've noticed that the deauthorize this machine button was removed on the Launcher implying that Sims 3 has dropped SecuROM. I'm told SecuROM was only dropped from the base game while EPs/SPs still have SecuROM. Would that mean that to deauthorize Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, would I have to uninstall the latest game (e.g., Info the Future) to deauthorize it with 1.69 update install? Also, do any EPs or SPs downloaded from Origin still require authorization when used with 1.69?

Thanks for the find. I've downloaded an EP and a SP and have no SecuRom on my computer. So I guess we're safe now.

That's good to know. The only bad news is you'll have to run and sign in to Origin as well as go through the Launcher but the good news is no SecuROM and authorization.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • dabynajeandabynajean Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Bazajaytee said:
    > Those having problems with EIG, do you happen to have any mods installed?
    > Also, make sure you have version 1.69.42.024017 or later as it wasn't fixed until 1.69.42. The 1.69.36 had the problems with CAW and EIG.

I had 1.69.42 and no mods installed, the only CC I had was Riverview, and CAW crashed every time I tried to run EIG.
    I just update my game to 1.69.43, and got a new "Electronic Arts" folder for testing, without any mod or CC.
    The problem remains. Whether I started a new world or load my old creation, the game crash. Even when I try to edit the default world (Riverview_Lite) in game, the same thing happens.
    I don't know if there's anything more I can try to solve this issue. So, EA, help please!! :(
  • brappl218brappl218 Posts: 150 Member
    Does anyone know what this means?
    I am on Win7 - Super Patch 1.67. I have not updated. Since the first 1.69 update every time I load the launcher I get a script message:
    An error has occurred in the script on this page
    Line 0
    Char0
    Error: Script Error
    Code 0
    URL: http//video.unrulymedia.com/carousel_availability_14068839 0.js
    Do you want to continue running scripts o this page?
    brappl
    NraasSignature.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top