Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Movie Hangout Stuff? really?

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    3 days after the "big" announcement and I'm like:
    12440499_1094565143921069_5292602465565088943_o.jpg
    smh

This is why we need our "LOL" button back! LOL
    2lol-s500x380-48054_zpsy1bxcjph.jpg
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited January 2016
    Definitely should have been an game pack instead of a stuff pack. The sims 4 is seriously just becoming a stuff pack game with not much else to do. Even though I do like some of the items I saw, I'm not sure why it just wasn't placed in get together since its about getting with friends and watching movies.
    i think we all know the answer pretty well :confused:

*edited because I wasn't sure if violated the TOS for the forums*
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Usually I am the type of simmer to criticize every game pack/ stuff pack EA makes for the sims 4

HOWEVER...

I think we should all relax a little for this one. It is just a game stuff pack. In my opinion, Game Stuff Packs are irrelevant, I focus more on EPs

For once I am going to hope that the next EP is family related or pets. Partying has been overused in the Sims 4

It's a new year, I'm hoping EA will out with old (partying) and in with the new (anything else)
    baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    carly552 wrote: »
    Usually I am the type of simmer to criticize every game pack/ stuff pack EA makes for the sims 4

HOWEVER...

I think we should all relax a little for this one. It is just a game pack. In my opinion, Game Stuff Packs are irrelevant, I focus more on EPs

For once I am going to hope that the next EP is family related or pets. Partying has been overused in the Sims 4

It's a new year, I'm hoping EA will out with old (partying) and in with the new (anything else)
    It's not a Game Pack carly552, it's a Stuff Pack. But I do agree with you on the fact that some of us do need to lighten up a bit on here because it's just a game regardless.

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

HOWEVER...

I think we should all relax a little for this one. It is just a game stuff pack. In my opinion, Game Stuff Packs are irrelevant, I focus more on EPs

Partying has been overused? 3/9 packs were partying related, that hardly seems 'overused'.
  • GottesfrendeGottesfrende Posts: 47 Member
    Movies? Really? I'd far prefer to have updates to the game that allowed for riding a bike, driving a car, and visiting a neighbors house without having to see a change screen. Why not focus on the aspects of the game that were removed in order to add greater depth on par with previous iterations before coming up with new ways to do the same thing... My Sims are well aware they have a t.v. So are the Sims visitors... that is all they do.
  • carly552carly552 Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2016
    Astro wrote: »

HOWEVER...

Partying has been overused? 3/9 packs were partying related, that hardly seems 'overused'.

Well... In my opinion it has.

You may want more partying in the Sims 4, but I've seen enough of it. You may be more of the party simmer, but I am a family simmer

and that's okay, just saying my opinion of what this game has been like and what the developers keep on giving us in some way or form:

the-sims-4-get-together.png?w=780

baby-pink-cute-cute-night-gif-Favim.com-3891443.gif

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I just hope sims don't talk a lot when they are watching a movie.. If they do it would be funny to have an option to shoosh them.. Haha! :D
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

HOWEVER...

You may want more partying in the Sims 4, but I've seen enough of it. You may be more of the party simmer, but I am a family simmer

and that's okay, just saying my opinion of what this game has been like and what the developers keep on giving us in some way or form:

I've only thrown one party in my game since September 2, 2014. It was a birthday party. :neutral:

I think seeing the term 'partying' being used with TS4 is overused.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I just hope sims don't talk a lot when they are watching a movie.. If they do it would be funny to have an option to shoosh them.. Haha! :D
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

Good news for you then <3

TS4%20Movie%20Stuff%20Tweet_zpsu2gaxqqf.jpg
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

At the very start of the trailer for Movie Hangout, you can clearly see a YA female sim saying shush.

• SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member

HOWEVER...

I've only thrown one party in my game since September 2, 2014. It was a birthday party. :neutral:

Agreed. Granted, they definitely market it a lot when it comes to trailers and such, but I rarely party in-game myself.

That being said, as she stated, she's a family simmer, and we definitely haven't gotten much of that.
    SoapSuds wrote: »

HOWEVER...

Agreed. Granted, they definitely market it a lot when it comes to trailers and such, but I rarely party in-game myself.

That being said, as she stated, she's a family simmer, and we definitely haven't gotten much of that.
    I think that they said that the Movie Hangout Stuff Pack is going to help out a bit when it comes to more family fun time. Because they said that two of the movies that's featured in the new stuff pack is family oriented. Meaning that the whole family, including the kids can watch the movies together.

HOWEVER...

Which is why I'm hoping (for other's sake more than mine) that ep 3 is generations.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

At the very start of the trailer for Movie Hangout, you can clearly see a YA female sim saying shush.

I know :) but peeps were saying that was staged and wouldn't be an actual feature in the game... hence the reason I asked on twitter about it. I was happy for the confirmation that it was the real deal, and was just letting jb know as well.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member

HOWEVER...

Which is why I'm hoping (for other's sake more than mine) that ep 3 is generations.

Same with me. I'd love to see Seasons more, but because way more people want it, I'm hoping generations is next (and that they do it right).
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

I know :) but peeps were saying that was staged and wouldn't be an actual feature in the game... hence the reason I asked on twitter about it. I was happy for the confirmation that it was the real deal, and was just letting jb know as well.
    Just because the peeps say things about an up and coming Pack doesn't make what they say about a pack a hard fact. Peeps are people too, and they get their info about a pack for a Sims game pretty much the same way like the rest of us do.

• PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

HOWEVER...

I think that they said that the Movie Hangout Stuff Pack is going to help out a bit when it comes to more family fun time. Because they said that two of the movies that's featured in the new stuff pack is family oriented. Meaning that the whole family, including the kids can watch the movies together.

I think they meant more family content that's not something like watching tv, but more like interactions between family members and such.

HOWEVER...

I think they meant more family content that's not something like watching tv, but more like interactions between family members and such.
    That maybe true, but I was thinking that they meant more on the lines of what the whole family can do together. And not just interact with each other. And that's where it's been stated that Movie Hangout Stuff can help out in. And not mentioned, sims likely still be able to interact with each other by talking during the movie too. Like they have always been able to when watching TV together; ever since Sims 4 was launched.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2016
    Movies? Really? I'd far prefer to have updates to the game that allowed for riding a bike, driving a car, and visiting a neighbors house without having to see a change screen. Why not focus on the aspects of the game that were removed in order to add greater depth on par with previous iterations before coming up with new ways to do the same thing... My Sims are well aware they have a t.v. So are the Sims visitors... that is all they do.

According to @SimGuruGraham there are currently no plans to get rid of the loadingscreens within loaded neighbourhoods. He mentioned this on twitter a few days ago.

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

According to @SimGuruGraham there are currently no plans to get rid of the loadingscreens within loaded neighbourhoods. He mentioned this on twitter a few days ago.

:(:(:(:( the game really needs that! Not a giant TV to watch movies
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Agree. I can deal with loadingscreens between hoods, but I think they need to get rid of the loadingscreens within loaded neighbourhoods. The objects inside the houses are loaded already. :/ It breaks the immersion for me. I don't like the dead lots in neighbourhoods. It's much more fun if you can actually see your neighbours going about their day. (Working out in the backyard/gardening/swimming/leaving for work in the morning, sitting on the porch and all that stuff.) I think this is what makes the game more enjoyable. At least for me it does.

Would it be really that hard to get rid of the loadingscreens within neighbourhoods? I am not a programmer or whatever, so I don't know, but earlier they stated that it IS possible. I'm getting sick and tired of the 'performance' 'low end systems' excuses they are always using to justify the state the game is in. People should learn that PC's are outdated very fast and that it's no weird thing to upgrade once in a while. You don't even need a very high end system to play the Sims 4 anyway.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

Agree. I can deal with loadingscreens between hoods, but I think they need to get rid of the loadingscreens within loaded neighbourhoods. The objects inside the houses are loaded already. :/ It breaks the immersion for me. I don't like the dead lots in neighbourhoods. It's much more fun if you can actually see your neighbours going about their day. (Working out in the backyard/gardening/swimming/leaving for work in the morning, sitting on the porch and all that stuff.) I think this is what makes the game more enjoyable. At least for me it does.

Would it be really that hard to get rid of the loadingscreens within neighbourhoods? I am not a programmer or whatever, so I don't know, but earlier they stated that it IS possible. I'm getting sick and tired of the 'performance' 'low end systems' excuses they are always using to justify the state the game is in. People should learn that PC's are outdated very fast and that it's no weird thing to upgrade once in a while. You don't even need a very high end system to play the Sims 4 anyway.

They could add an option on the settings, and low-end PCs can disable it if they see that performance is bad.

I don't know if it's difficult, but imo they should be able to do it. As yo said, objects are already loaded, we have 5 lots full of objects, but only one is usable?
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They would be like...
    cLkwm9i.gif

That's awesome!! Yay! :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

HOWEVER...

Problem is that is staged. I sent my Sims to all the new nightclubs and there may have been five Sims there entirely including mine and when I asked for Sims to dance they stopped and went to go stand around and talk. I'm really tired of the fake, hyped up, staged trailers and pictures. I should know better by now, after fifteen years. lol But I got taken in again, my clubs, cafes and anywhere else but the old gyms are not full of Sims as they promised and or 'group/rival clubs', either. I don't even take my Sims out of the house much anymore. When I first got this EP I made the rounds but then that was enough. Nothing to see. I loved Nightlife and I liked Late Night and loved Hot Date, but this didn't even improve night life in this game at all, not in my game. So, I understand where you are coming from. I don't mind a night out once and awhile and would be upset if it was never in the game but family needs some strong, focused attention by now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.