Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No/Less pudding face

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    There is another mod I've got - forget what it is called or who made it at the moment - but it adds lots of new recipes and I think it also adds ingredients. That's the bit I want.

But the downside is every single time I send a sim to make a meal, whatever meal it might be, I have to scroll through all the ingredients in the fridge to find the ones I want them to cook with.
    Not sure how this fits into the topic at hand -- oh wait, it's the mention of "pudding" and food, right? (just kidding) :p

I always thought icarus_allsorts arranged it so that we can choose the game's regular Cook/Serve Breakfast (or whatever time it is) and Dessert commands alongside his Cook/Serve with Recipes so you can decide when you want the default ingredients and when you want to get fancy. Only recently learned that it's really been Ani's No Shopping from the Fridge mod alongside his that's been offering both sets of commands all this time. But he's always tweaking that huge mod of his, just released a new version a few days ago. Maybe you could on MTS request a default or save recipe feature so you don't have to slog through a thousand ingredients just to make a plate of waffles each time?

That is probably correct. I just haven't worked out that bit yet. I suspect I will eventually locate the cheat that lets me just tell them to make autumn salad and not have to pick all the ingredients from the fridge. Until I get around to it I'll just keep making them not hungry by using a cheat. It's easier that way.

EDIT: I think I'm actually losing interest in Sims altogether. I do have lots of other things to do. I haven't played at all this year. I turned the game on this morning but can't be bothered with it. I've done a bit on the forums and think I'll just do something else for the rest of the day. I have a database to finish before the end of the month so I probably have that on my mind a bit so that may explain some of the lack of Sim interest right now.

People go through hobby phases, some last years, some only days, weeks, or months, nothing at all wrong about moving on. Who knows you could have another Sims phase sometime in the future. If you do disappear I hope you will pop in from time to time to say hi! You have help me understand and work through some tough Simmy times and i know you have helped others, you will be missed if you do take some time off. <3
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Can someone please tell me how to use the genetics from the bin with nraas, please?
    edited January 2016
    Can someone please tell me how to use the genetics from the bin with nraas, please?
    SP's progression must be active and in control. Obviously, you must have some Households in your Household Bin.

For newly arriving Residents:
    SP Immigration must be engaged. On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigration Gauge > (must be set to a positive number)

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Bin Offspring (default is 50)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Random Offspring (default is 10)

If neither option above produces a sim, then the genetics of some sim already in your world will be used.
    So if you want 100% of your incoming sims take genetics from the Bin, then the two values above you would use would be 100 and 0.

For Service Sims and NPC Roommates:
    (SP Population add-on module required)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims with Immigrants > True
    same for NPC Roommates if you want

The above will open up all of the other options on that menu, previously hidden.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Bin Offspring (default is 50)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Random Offspring (default is 10)

For Role Sims:
    These can go either way, depending on whether you have NRaas Register set to assign Role positions to immigrants or residents.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The way it was explained to me once, is that 'vanilla' means without custom content? The random sims in Sims 3 that have the same face aren't necessarily vanilla following that definition, not when they have a custom skin. You can play Sims 4 vanilla as well, and the NPC's in that game don't have identical faces.

I accept most NPC's for what they are myself (I regret the all-sliders-in-the-middle, but I think it's caused by the flaws in Sims 3 CAS). Except when they get a part in my story, then I adjust them (by cheating them into CAS). It's kind of annoying though they are often replaced. I adjusted the NPC behind the counter in my bakery (her face and I also gave her a quite suitable Katy Perry dress) and a couple of days later she was gone and replaced by a male puddingface :disappointed: ).

I dont know! Maybe? I just consider all the same-face townies as Vanilla sims and Pudding Face as something else, more of a negative term. I don't know whats right anymore!! I always change the same same faces in -game with CAS cheats but I'm trying out the NRAAS SP thing. If I can cut down my makeover time on rando's then that means more game! Disappearing service sims are mostly the ones I want to just show up with random faces. I hate taking time to make them over, only to have them disappear into the ethers.

I guess in my mind I would definitely not consider your guy to be a Vanilla, just because you play with no CC.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I guess in my mind I would definitely not consider your guy to be a Vanilla, just because you play with no CC.

I wouldn't either. It's quite clear that time has been spent with the sliders, sculpting the sims features, even without the use of CC.

Vanilla pudding sims to me, are game generated, kind of flabby faced, default slider 0 sims that have no real unique or distinguishing features.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    SP's progression must be active and in control. Obviously, you must have some Households in your Household Bin.

For newly arriving Residents:
    SP Immigration must be engaged. On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Immigration Gauge > (must be set to a positive number)

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Bin Offspring (default is 50)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Random Offspring (default is 10)

If neither option above produces a sim, then the genetics of some sim already in your world will be used.
    So if you want 100% of your incoming sims take genetics from the Bin, then the two values above you would use would be 100 and 0.

For Service Sims and NPC Roommates:
    (SP Population add-on module required)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration > Replace Service Sims with Immigrants > True
    same for NPC Roommates if you want

The above will open up all of the other options on that menu, previously hidden.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Bin Offspring (default is 50)
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Random Offspring (default is 10)

For Role Sims:
    These can go either way, depending on whether you have NRaas Register set to assign Role positions to immigrants or residents.

Keep coming to my rescue and I may just fall in love ;P
    Thanks you so much. I'm not very tech savvy so I need help often xD
    Keep coming to my rescue and I may just fall in love ;P
    Thanks you so much. I'm not very tech savvy so I need help often xD
    I don't know how to tell you this, but...aw, never mind. You're welcome. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Pary @GaiaHypothesis @JoAnne65

Hey, sorry to jump in like a nerd. I've seen the use of Vanilla for Oblivion when people refer to the game without any mods. I must admit that I've just googled it, and I found this definition on Wikipedia.
    Computer software, and sometimes also other computing-related systems like computer hardware or algorithms, is called vanilla when not customized from its original form, meaning that it is used without any customizations or updates applied to it.

Then, there is this paragraph:
    In PC games, the term "vanilla" is often used to describe the original version of a game, which has not been modified with third-party addons, developer updates, downloadable content (DLC) or patches. It can also refer to the original game engine when source ports or expansion packs are available. For example, World of Warcraft could refer to either the original game or one of the expansion packs, so users may refer to the original as "vanilla" to distinguish it from the subsequent versions.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Had to come back, will kill several birds with one stone.

First @Happysimmer3 Your house is awesome and in my game <3 and used in all my screenshots that follows.SHAMELESS PROMOTION
    Everybody go get her Beach Starter House. o:)

This is Happysimmer3s house

f336a68d-2841-46f6-a718-a2f0341fa5ed_zpsvoaxijxk.jpg

@Charlottesmom This is Marina Prattles Default.If you like her she is a regular BP townie.Cute premade.

Screenshot-1740_zpszvldhgaw.jpg

Everybody else who seen my post earlier about seeing potential.As promised here is Kate Pistachio the Sunset Valley maid.

Screenshot-1755_zpsdppzucgx.jpg

Screenshot-1756_zpsc5nibmge.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Hey, sorry to jump in like a nerd. I've seen the use of Vanilla for Oblivion when people refer to the game without any mods. I must admit that I've just googled it, and I found this definition on Wikipedia.
    Computer software, and sometimes also other computing-related systems like computer hardware or algorithms, is called vanilla when not customized from its original form, meaning that it is used without any customizations or updates applied to it.

In PC games, the term "vanilla" is often used to describe the original version of a game, which has not been modified with third-party addons, developer updates, downloadable content (DLC) or patches. It can also refer to the original game engine when source ports or expansion packs are available. For example, World of Warcraft could refer to either the original game or one of the expansion packs, so users may refer to the original as "vanilla" to distinguish it from the subsequent versions.

Yes that is indeed the technical description, and I've even used it myself when referring to other games. Or even this one :D

But, as illustrated in the second paragraph, it's often used to describe an unmodded game in any form. I'm fairly sure that @JoAnne65 's game is patched and has some store content. I would consider an unpatched, Sims 3 base game to be "vanilla" but that's just me.
    And I would consider her sims customised from their original form, if she's used the sliders to change their facial features from, say, a dice roll.

But all techy discussion aside, I think over the years, the term "vanilla" and "pudding" has come to mean different things to different folks, at least in this community. Not at opposite ends of the scale, but I guess more a "grey" area rather than totally black or white?

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, just to add one more opinion, vanilla means no mods or CC at all to me. Pudding means that round standard looking sim we all have seen, with the same facial presets.

@CravenLestat your sims look very pretty - you must have an awesome video card for your screenshots to look that crisp! Thank you for your kind words about the beach house. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The way it was explained to me once, is that 'vanilla' means without custom content? The random sims in Sims 3 that have the same face aren't necessarily vanilla following that definition, not when they have a custom skin. You can play Sims 4 vanilla as well, and the NPC's in that game don't have identical faces.

I accept most NPC's for what they are myself (I regret the all-sliders-in-the-middle, but I think it's caused by the flaws in Sims 3 CAS). Except when they get a part in my story, then I adjust them (by cheating them into CAS). It's kind of annoying though they are often replaced. I adjusted the NPC behind the counter in my bakery (her face and I also gave her a quite suitable Katy Perry dress) and a couple of days later she was gone and replaced by a male puddingface :disappointed: ).

I dont know! Maybe? I just consider all the same-face townies as Vanilla sims and Pudding Face as something else, more of a negative term. I don't know whats right anymore!! I always change the same same faces in -game with CAS cheats but I'm trying out the NRAAS SP thing. If I can cut down my makeover time on rando's then that means more game! Disappearing service sims are mostly the ones I want to just show up with random faces. I hate taking time to make them over, only to have them disappear into the ethers.

Yes, I realize now the term 'vanilla' apparently is multi-interpretable. I remember someone asked me once whether my sim was 'vanilla' and I went "Huh..?" (googling vanilla, finding that yes, it was a flavour; sims, vanilla? :D) And then they explained they meant 'without custom content'. So from then on I automatically always went with that explanation. I bet the butlers in my game will be puddingfaces when I hire them (all sliders in the middle), it's no secret I much prefer your Sherman and Andre over that :#

Edit: ah, @thuggishsplicer , thanks for the clarification. Well, it doesn't really matter what it's called, as long as it's clear what we mean.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Pary wrote: »

Yes that is indeed the technical description, and I've even used it myself when referring to other games. Or even this one :D

But, as illustrated in the second paragraph, it's often used to describe an unmodded game in any form. I'm fairly sure that @JoAnne65 's game is patched and has some store content. I would consider an unpatched, Sims 3 base game to be "vanilla" but that's just me.
    And I would consider her sims customised from their original form, if she's used the sliders to change their facial features from, say, a dice roll.

But all techy discussion aside, I think over the years, the term "vanilla" and "pudding" has come to mean different things to different folks, at least in this community. Not at opposite ends of the scale, but I guess more a "grey" area rather than totally black or white?
    Yes, I've always updated my game and the blond guy's haircut is from the Store. And both guys have body hair and muscle structure, that weren't in the basegame. So in that repsect they indeed weren't vanilla. I have a CC skin installed now and played one session with it. I like it on my current sim, so in any case I'm going to keep it for the moment.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Pary I think those terms may lead everyone to confusion sometimes. I join @HappySimmer3 in her opinion since that's what I've observed so far. @JoAnne65, it looks like you're adding more flavours to your game. LOL

Back to my other game, when I saw people using the term "Vanilla", I thought it was a developer. I used to say to myself "What's this Vanilla Company that I can't see in the credits?" Or, "Is it another version of the game I have?" XD
    @Pary I think those terms may lead everyone to confusion sometimes. I join @HappySimmer3 in her opinion since that's what I've observed so far. @JoAnne65, it looks like you're adding more flavours to your game. LOL

Back to my other game, when I saw people using the term "Vanilla", I thought it was a developer. I used to say to myself "What's this Vanilla Company that I can't see in the credits?" Or, "Is it another version of the game I have?" XD
    LOL :D
    5JZ57S6.png
    Had to come back, will kill several birds with one stone.

First @Happysimmer3 Your house is awesome and in my game <3 and used in all my screenshots that follows.SHAMELESS PROMOTION
    Everybody go get her Beach Starter House. o:)

This is Happysimmer3s house

f336a68d-2841-46f6-a718-a2f0341fa5ed_zpsvoaxijxk.jpg

@Charlottesmom This is Marina Prattles Default.If you like her she is a regular BP townie.Cute premade.

Screenshot-1740_zpszvldhgaw.jpg

Everybody else who seen my post earlier about seeing potential.As promised here is Kate Pistachio the Sunset Valley maid.

Screenshot-1755_zpsdppzucgx.jpg

Screenshot-1756_zpsc5nibmge.jpg

Thanks @CravenLestat, Marina looks pretty nice but that hair will have to go, center parts drive me batty, on most Sims they are just not flattering, actually on her it's not terrible. Off to Bridgeport, gotta collect about 4 females.

Kate is cute, I've seen her many times in pictures, will probably persue her in the future. Her name cracks me up for some reason. :smiley:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, just to add one more opinion, vanilla means no mods or CC at all to me. Pudding means that round standard looking sim we all have seen, with the same facial presets.
    That's pretty much how I would define the terms in regards to the sims. Hadn't really encountered "vanilla" used in regards to sims until this thread. I first encountered the term "vanilla" from BDSMers referring to the sexual practices of those that don't participate in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Can't help but flash to sims woohoo every time you'al talk about vanilla sims.
  • DragonshyDragonshy Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2016
    Agreeing with everything @thuggishsplicer said. I've seen it elsewhere too. I think using the word pudding to describe the boring, round faces of Townies is so perfect. I only play in custom worlds, but I do give makeovers to Townies in foreign worlds. They need more character to them!
    Dragonshy wrote: »
    Agreeing with everything @thuggishsplicer said. I've seen it elsewhere too. I think using the word pudding to describe the boring, round faces of Townies is so perfect. I only play in custom worlds, but I do give makeovers to Townies in foreign worlds. They need more character to them!
    There is a difference between the townies and the NPC's though. The townies in the early towns were kind of pudding, but the townies on the campus and in Midnight Hollow for instance, have rather characteristic faces.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    See? We learn new things every day! I still don't LIKE that term 'vanilla' for a CC less game, because I find it to be less than accurate. BUT I shall live with the general consensus (but in my mind I rebel) lol

@JoAnne65 Yeah the butlers have to be changed... I have to look at them so often. A lot of service sims with the pudding face slip by me, but I try to give them all a bit of character. Its not that they are ugly, but its like mannequins. Same faced dolls traipsing around. lol
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    @CravenLestat, OMG! Bianca Rubble is my favorite (I know she wasn't on your list but I checked out her and her roommates, Beau is no prize, why are these women fighting over him??) she is a very non-pudding Townie and had great potential.

Before: Screenshot-109_zpsatzy0wbx.jpg

After, with no facial or body tweakage, I thought she looked great as a flapper:Screenshot-110_zpsu1ov3jpy.jpgScreenshot-111_zpsehg2ggxn.jpg

Here she is with very minor nose (minorly bigger nostrils), lip (tweaked the shape on top a bit and made the bottom a bit fuller) and eye (moved the bottom of her eye down just a tinge) tweakage. her face is perfect as is, her boobage is WAY too big but added in a bikini shot or two for you ;) . Screenshot-115_zpswfrq7vzd.jpgScreenshot-118_zpslv6jyyjb.jpgScreenshot-117_zpsnw9zxlso.jpg

Both times I took pictures of full body bathing suit she blinked, sorry. The tramp stamp cracks me up!Screenshot-119_zpslv8f70yk.jpg
    :o Eeek...boobage!Screenshot-121_zpslstpszme.jpg

/threadjack... ;)

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Charlottesmom I agree with you about Beau Merrick. I have to do major "plastic surgery" on his face just to be able to stand seeing him around town! He's just about the ugliest pre-made male sim ever, in my opinion. Not to mention he's just a horrible person. Those girls are idiots to be fighting over the likes of him. There are a lot of much better prospects in that town than him!
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I agree with you about Beau Merrick. I have to do major "plastic surgery" on his face just to be able to stand seeing him around town! He's just about the ugliest pre-made male sim ever, in my opinion. Not to mention he's just a horrible person. Those girls are idiots to be fighting over the likes of him. There are a lot of much better prospects in that town than him!

When I threw him into CAS I couldn't believe how ugly he was! I actually just took him out unchanged and only put the girls into my library, there are better prospects for them in my town! I aged Bianca to adult by mistake but will keep her as an adult and see what happens, she and the other two girls are living with Matthew Hamming, his brother, and Richie his best friend, should be interesting as I'm moving back to my main house and leaving their house alone. We'll see what developes.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, that's what I understood also. She was asking for a way to get rid of the 'clones' that the game normally creates. I think the thread took a bit of a twist as soon as someone mentioned custom content. :p

However, I do think the subjects are related somewhat. Custom sliders help to extend the range of the faces which does help with the identical pudding look. Not necessary of course, but they give a wider diversity to the faces. The NRASS mods allow you to use your library sims as genetic material for the immigrated townies and service sims, and you can also extend the range of the sliders (both the in-game sliders as well as custom sliders).

In any case, I'm sure the OP is perfectly capable of deciding for herself whether or not 'custom sliders are a must'. :D

Wow, this thread is out of control xD But its an interesting read for sure!

Personally, I've not used custom sliders though am not against the idea. But I'm a lover of CC (SKIN/eyes/hair are my weakness), and though I understand those who like their game be vanilla i just don't like the look and feel of my sims that way.

I do see the relation between subjects as well, since CC can make a huge difference in the look of one sim to the next. My Puddings are not bad looking, I've just noticed that they're all produced at the same factory :P And I've grown ired of adjusting their faces in Create A Sim.

@HappySimmer3 How exactly do you use your bin for genetics?
    I'd actually love that, since I try to be diverse with my sims, i think they'd end up distinctive from one another that way.

@PrincessSaturn I wanted to apologize for not answer your question. Your thread didn't show up for me right away and somehow got overlooked. I've been having that problem the past few days - I read a thread then later look at the thread again and see posts that weren't there before!

Anyway, I am very happy to see that @igazor answered your question. He is our NRASS Ambassador (at least in my mind, anyway). :D

Now that I think of it, I always get confused between the terms "sim library" and "sim bin" and I'm hoping someone can clarify this. Unless I'm mistaken, the library are the households that show up at the bottom of the screen in Edit Town and the Bin are the sims that you access in Create-A-Sim. Right?

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

Now that I think of it, I always get confused between the terms "sim library" and "sim bin" and I'm hoping someone can clarify this. Unless I'm mistaken, the library are the households that show up at the bottom of the screen in Edit Town and the Bin are the sims that you access in Create-A-Sim. Right?

Yes, that is correct.