Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just put in toddlers already.

1234568...Next

Comments

• ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Call me crazy, but what if the TS4 marketing staff have actually got toddlers or returning features so tight-lipped because they're trying to return to an era long past where new content was still a surprise and everything wasn't dug up eons before it was released? Crazy theory, but the idea really hit me just now.

(Ok, it hit me right after an old Playstation game fell from the top shelf of my closet and hit me on the shoulder.)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    I've read up on Godwin's Law, and there is something I don't understand. Forgive me for not understanding, I'm open to enlightenment.

Is it: As Time goes on, the mention of Toddlers in the Forums grow? :o
    The general idea of Godwin's Law is that the longer any given discussion goes on, the more likely it is that X thing is going to happen. In this case, I changed "X" to toddlers, partly to be silly. :P
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    I've read up on Godwin's Law, and there is something I don't understand. Forgive me for not understanding, I'm open to enlightenment.

Is it: As Time goes on, the mention of Toddlers in the Forums grow? :o
    The general idea of Godwin's Law is that the longer any given discussion goes on, the more likely it is that X thing is going to happen. In this case, I changed "X" to toddlers, partly to be silly. :P

Oh, that makes sense! Thank you for educating me on Godwin's Law! :)
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I agree that the sims team is lazy.

The assumption that the sims team is 'lazy' as opposed to, oh I don't know, money and resource constraints makes you sound pretty ignorant.

Then they need to prioritize. Instead of creating ice cream machines and hot tubs, they should make a lifestage that has been in the last 2 games.

I highly doubt the team making the ice cream machine is the same one developing toddlers. They can't just pull people from one project onto another. It doesn't work like that.
  • sweetbbdragonsweetbbdragon Posts: 49 Member
    If they stated that toddlers are more difficult than adults because of their emotions it's because they're working on it :3 I think!
  • sweetbbdragonsweetbbdragon Posts: 49 Member
    Simmers already floded every social network about toddlers so I bet they are planning release it in big! :smiley:
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I agree that the sims team is lazy.

The assumption that the sims team is 'lazy' as opposed to, oh I don't know, money and resource constraints makes you sound pretty ignorant.

Then they need to prioritize. Instead of creating ice cream machines and hot tubs, they should make a lifestage that has been in the last 2 games.

I highly doubt the team making the ice cream machine is the same one developing toddlers. They can't just pull people from one project onto another. It doesn't work like that.

You don't say!

I'm not speaking about any team in particular creating tofdlers, but replying to the quoted statement that argued resources might be spread thin. If they can't get the base game right or have to cut out features then they should be less greedy and not make things we hardly need. There's no focus to what is actually important in this game.
    > @wolfkomoki1 said:
    > barbaraluv86 wrote: »
    >
    > I wonder when people will start to acknowledge toddler aren't ever coming back for this iteration? I will actually respect Maxis Mobile if they just came right out and said they won't be coming back so we can all move on.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah if they did announce that I'd be 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

YOUR HUGGLE THING OMG
    Mental Health Advocate
    Simmer
    Author
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    TLEE75 wrote: »
    > @wolfkomoki1 said:
    > barbaraluv86 wrote: »
    >
    > I wonder when people will start to acknowledge toddler aren't ever coming back for this iteration? I will actually respect Maxis Mobile if they just came right out and said they won't be coming back so we can all move on.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah if they did announce that I'd be 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

YOUR HUGGLE THING OMG
    Haha I found it and I was like: It's sooo cuteee!
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't care about having toddlers in my game. It's annoying though that so many people complain about it, it dominates a lot of the forum discussions. Threads that have nothing to do with toddlers end up talking about lack of toddlers anyway.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    I don't care about having toddlers in my game. It's annoying though that so many people complain about it, it dominates a lot of the forum discussions. Threads that have nothing to do with toddlers end up talking about lack of toddlers anyway.

It wouldn't be an issue if the developers had included them, so be annoyed at them and not at the consumers.