Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think that elements of TSM would have been better as a TS3 expansion pack?

MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
I have never played TSM, but I've been reading about it recently, and from what I'm reading, a lot of players are frustrated by the structured gameplay. A lot of outfits and objects from TSM have been modded for TS3. There are people who play the sims who want that medieval feel, but typical sims play.

Obviously, the outfits and objects would have been great for TS3, but what about the hero jobs? Would they have the potential to be careers or jobs, or hobbies?
Bard
A professional busker branch of the music career?

Blacksmith
Similar to alchemy, in that it relies on collected objects.

Priest
Perhaps a job, giving sermons (like busking), or performing weddings.

Knight
Perhaps more a hobby/skill, like Martial arts in WA

Spy
Like an evil private investigator?

Do you think it could have worked, as an expansion pack, rather than a stand alone game?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    What I would have loved to have seen is a time travel pack set up like World Adventures. Not like Into the Future, one where you could go to the past or future. It wouldn't have to be many time periods, maybe just three + future. I would have wanted Medieval to be one of the "worlds" you could visit and then you could decided to stay as long as you liked based on your "time travel" skill and perhaps get a job, etc.

For what it's worth, though, I did really enjoy TSM. I thought it was a fun little game with a lot of detail. It was just a shame that it wasn't more open-ended.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I would have wanted Medieval to be one of the "worlds" you could visit and then you could decided to stay as long as you liked based on your "time travel" skill and perhaps get a job, etc.
    I like that idea!
    Change history, and you return to the present mega rich or mega poor (with all your possesions being reposessed)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif