Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids and Bars

ebonebon Posts: 2 New Member
Since kids are able to go to the nightclubs and there are non-alcoholic drinks available, I think it would be nice if kids could get drinks from the bars too; such as the rootbeer floats and cream sodas. It's just a little thing, but I think it would be nice to make it more inclusive.

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Eehh...Maybe not from the bars, as them going to nightclubs sometimes already seems sketchy to me, but they should be able to get some sort of drink from the cafes, especially soda.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I just return to The Sims 3 and this "problem" is not exclusive of The Sims 4
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    That sort of thing would be best in an Ice Cream Parlor which would be an excellent addition to the game in my opinion. The fact that children can go into the night clubs is a bit creepy though
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    edited January 2016
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    That sort of thing would be best in an Ice Cream Parlor which would be an excellent addition to the game in my opinion. The fact that children can go into the night clubs is a bit creepy though
    [img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances2/500x/3737507.jpg[/img]
    Yes, it's definitely creepy! I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Looks like I killed the discussion. :D
    Post edited by toddlercuddler91 on
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Darlene was at gathering with Adventurers then befriend with Max
    hours later when she was at her home:

rY6Irf1.png
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I think we need lot options such as YA and older only. I hate seeing kids in nightclubs or bars.
  • Options
    JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    I think we need lot options such as YA and older only. I hate seeing kids in nightclubs or bars.

I would only be okay with it if it was something you change in the options on a lot (like with clubs), I would hate to see that kind of thing hardcoded into the game.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If they got rid of the requirement to have a television on a bar lot, then you wouldn't get children in bars any more. Your sim could take a child there, but you wouldn't see townie children in there.

Maybe when we get vending machines, children will be able to get soft drinks from those.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I think it's funny, but I can see how it anoys people who play a more realistic game.
    I agree with @JackPipsam , precise settings for encouraged/discouraged age groups for each venue seperately would be welcome. In addition to banning children from nightclubs I can imagine the opposite, too: adult free parks for the kids or teen free cafes for elders.
    Perhaps some modder will make a successor to the good old Visitor Controler from Sims 2 someday? That would be awesome.
  • Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    I don't like kids in my bars either. Especially without their parents. It seems so weird. I don't really like teens in the bars either. I'd definitely like to have a visitor controller and make things like teen clubs and senior centers.

It is weird to me that kids can't buy anything from cafes. At least let them have a pastry. I always make my kids steal pastries from Sims that have already paid for them, lol.
  • Options
    YoshiSimsYoshiSims Posts: 209 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Darlene was at gathering with Adventurers then befriend with Max
    hours later when she was at her home:

rY6Irf1.png

I get this all the time with other townie kids. This doesn't seem like something Max wouldn't do, considering what club he is leader in. :D
    Sims 3 Store Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SharnyaY
    Mod The Sims: Yoshiiteza
    Orign: Yoshi-iteza
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    edited February 2016
    I am fine with kids at bars and nightclubs however lot Options to disable certain type of sims would be nice for others. What annoys me more is that sim kids can't drink soda at the bar, tea, or order food at the bar or cafe. (They can buy stuff at GTW bakeries, so why not food at bar and cafes. Also since the sodas gives unique moodlet, enabling them for kids would still stop kids from being able to drink other drinks without extra work.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    [img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances2/500x/3737507.jpg[/img]
    Yes, it's definitely creepy! I hope they fix this.

EDIT: Looks like I killed the discussion. :D

That is beautiful. Maybe the night clubs function as a type of school dance for the time being? :o
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Generations, School dances, and bachelor/ette parties. :3