Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I'm Not Looking Forward To 'The Sims 4 Pets' (Probably Get Fluffy)

The limited all the same Sims in Sims 4 really ruins the experience, so can we expect Pets to be any different? That is if they even do happen since lounge chairs were 'too limited' for them and more beards and a bear NPC was 'too hard'. (Yeah Twitter is full of excuses by Maxis).
Anyways Sims 3 Pets were limited to three traits, which was fine honestly they didn't need 5. We can probably expect them to be the same in 4, that is if they get traits like 3. Probably won't even be able to control them like in Sims 3, which will ruin the experience even more. I enjoyed walking around town as a dog, barking at people and chewing their newspapers. :)
Now onto the worst part of all, customization. In Sims 3 we got CAST. Pets benefited from it as well so we could create all sorts of colorful and patterned pets. Like Clifford The Big Red Dog! Or my favorite, Yellow Spotted Pinky Red Chihuahuas. :3 Sims 4 removed this HUGE customization tool that made things easier to edit without relying on mods so that anyone could use it. Now we DO rely on mods to get a simple shirt in pink and not just blue. :(
So imagine how boring Pets will be in CAS without CAST. Yeah pretty dull right? Right. We'd probably won't even get to click and drag to sculpt them like Sims since it would be 'too hard' and they're 'too limited'. Which is sad for those who enjoy CAS. Something that is WONDERFUL in Sims 4, such a great improvement-but falls short from the removals.

Meet Poopsie my Yellow Polka-dotted Pinky Red Chihuahua! :)
I'll miss you little guy....you won't be joining me in Sims 4. :disappointed:
K4h0S6a.jpg
JVT2cxx.jpg
dER1XX3.jpg
sXzj5gg.jpg
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    What SimGuruMax I think said about multitasking has me really worried about pets. With how the base game is set up, little life forms roaming around and being picked up are just not possible in the game. Until I see the human Sim forms handled well with multitasking by bringing toddlers into the game and freeing the babies, I have no hope for pets being done well in this iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It seems as though you're wasting your time with TS4, why not go and enjoy 3 instead?
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    A pokadot Chihuahua was never something I wanted for the game, but more power to you. :)

I still don't miss cast. I think the clothes look way better in sims 4 so I'm hoping that means the animal fur will as well.
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    Personally, I hope it will be called 'Get Furry' ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    What SimGuruMax I think said about multitasking has me really worried about pets. With how the base game is set up, little life forms roaming around and being picked up are just not possible in the game. Until I see the human Sim forms handled well with multitasking by bringing toddlers into the game and freeing the babies, I have no hope for pets being done well in this iteration.
    Not to mention the uproar it would create if they actually did add pets to the game, but still left toddlers out.

Personally, I can't see pets or toddlers being added. I think they messed up big time with what this game can handle and it would take too much work and money for them to add such things at this stage.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I love how customizable pets are in Sims 3! When I was a little girl, I used to dream about having a cat with a heart on its side. Sims 3 let me do that. I made a white cat with a pink heart on its side and named it Harmony. I loved her so much! Unfortunately, I lost her. I should make her again.

Ugh! I miss CASt so much when I play 4. It's frustrating. I practically need a manuel to make anything match and it still doesn't look right to me!

Heck, just the fact my sim can have a pink desk in 3 is enough of why CASt should've been in 4. Why can't my sim in 4 have a pink desk if I want her to? Hmph!

Rant over. Sorry.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    I'm all for free speech and far from this game's biggest fan, but starting a thread just to moan about what probably won't happen if a hypothetical EP comes out is beyond insanity. How can you criticize something that doesn't even exist?!!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    /looks at the forum -- sees it's feedback.

Why shouldn't people express concerns over future content? Would having pets done well REALLY be such a horrible thing that people want to shut down people from pointing out what they liked in previous versions and concerns about apparent limitations in the current iteration?

We already know that pets won't be nearly as customizable in Sims 4 because, well, NOTHING is.

Want to know my main concern about a Pets expansion? Culling. My second main concern? Multitasking. Hopefully they can figure those out instead of just throwing some animals in the game and hoping for the best.

With GTW, though a lot of people expressed concern over time management and came up with ideas that may help people get around the whole "only one active lot at a time," it was completely ignored. I hope that the devs don't make that mistake with pets, because it would destroy the EP for a lot of people and cost them a lot of goodwill.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    edited January 2016
    I take your point, but there are/have been many threads about Pets, starting a new thread just to complain seemed a bit much. :)
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    I take your point, but there are/have been many threads about Pets, starting a new thread just to complain seemed a bit much. :)

So why come in the thread to complain? The title is enough to show it's going to be negative. People obviously care about the game enough to give their feedback. I have my doubts it will do any good, but why not address the points in the OP, or in my post, or whatever that you disagree with? That may give an idea of what people do and don't want in future expansions.

I doubt it will make a difference. People have been calling for things like "Do homework" and "Do work tasks" on the menu for off lot sims for over a year, and even had a guru say the "do homework" is a great idea. It's not like it's been added :/ But as long as there's SOME hope, people will continue to make threads like this.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »

You should consider not visiting this particular forum, then.
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    'Pets without puppies' is an alternative name. You think it is bad lacking toddlers? How about one life stage per pet?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2016
    Astro wrote: »
    It seems as though you're wasting your time with TS4, why not go and enjoy 3 instead?

Why not focus less on making snide comments and go play Sims 4?

The snideness started with the opening post. And yes, if Sims 3 is such the bomb, why aren't all of you playing it? Actions speak louder than words.

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

The snideness started with the opening post. And yes, if Sims 3 is such the bomb, why are all of you playing it? Actions speak louder than words.

I'm playing it right now. The beauty of dual monitors.
  • Options
    mortia wrote: »

I really was surprised at this considering it wasn't that long ago you were firmly in the "furious at TS4" camp and were saying very similar unhappy things yourself. Changing your mind is fine, good for you that you've managed to find joy in the game, but please don't act as though you've never walked in a disappointed player's shoes yourself and just can't fathom where their frustration comes from.

What is there to be disappointed about? So you didn't get what you wanted, a remake of Sims 3. So what. I didn't get what I wanted in Sims 3 and I just left it at that and played Sims 2. Now if Sims 2 has disappeared and I couldn't play it then I would have been disappointed. It has been a year. By now you should know that you don't like the Sims 4. Fine, move on and find another game.

• Options

The snideness started with the opening post. And yes, if Sims 3 is such the bomb, why are all of you playing it? Actions speak louder than words.

That suggests how boring it is, that you have to do something else while playing it. Or is the lag and drag that keeps you waiting?

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

That suggests how boring it is, that you have to do something else while playing it. Or is the lag and drag that keeps you waiting?

Haha, try harder.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Wow. I never met a person who didn't know multitasking was a common thing in real life. I eat or talk on the phone while playing my games because I get hungry or don't want to ignore my friends. Who would've thought, huh?

Also, by your own logic, why are you here instead of playing Sims 4 since you believe it's so superior?
  • Options

Wow. I never met a person who didn't know multitasking was a common thing in real life. I eat or talk on the phone while playing my games because I get hungry or don't want to ignore my friends. Who would've thought, huh?

Also, by your own logic, why are you here instead of playing Sims 4 since you believe it's so superior?

Just got finished playing Sims 4 for three hours. And as far as multitasking goes, it is a psychological fact that when you do several things all at once most of time none of them are done well, unless it is simple things done by rote. So is that how you are playing Sims 3? When I talk to my friends I give them my full attention, because they are the most important thing happening at that moment. I guess your friends are pretty easy going that they don't care that you only give them half or part of your attention.

• Options
    edited January 2016

Just got finished playing Sims 4 for three hours. And as far as multitasking goes, it is a psychological fact that when you do several things all at once most of time none of them are done well, unless it is simple things done by rote. So is that how you are playing Sims 3? When I talk to my friends I give them my full attention, because they are the most important thing happening at that moment. I guess your friends are pretty easy going that they don't care that you only give them half or part of your attention.
    Thankfully, my friends aren't so stuck up that they have a problem with me texting or talking to them on the phone while doing something else nor do I have a problem with them doing it. It's a game, not a homework essay. Believe it or not, my ears don't stop working because my eyes are on a game and if we're messaging, it's called pausing and queuing. Any more questions?
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well, the Create-a-Pet tool will probably allow us to create more variety in the shapes of our animals. And for how we would acutally create the fur coats, I'm hoping for something like how Spore did it. There were premade coats, but you create custom coats by first choosing the base, color, secondary, color, details, color, and highlights, color. If they do it that way, then you could probably make a whole bunch of animals, although I'm not sure if neon disco fever pets will be makeable. :wink:
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    How the "pets" in Flop 4 would look like:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_6sjqwjgjcl0cs40go0o0g0o44_640.gif

Those were days.. sadly, the graphics were almost 2 decades old