Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Movie Hangout Stuff? really?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2016
    Using this simmers own post -
    Quoted+ my reply to each one -

--| 2014 |---
    September - Paid content, The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade and The Sims 4 (PC, 32-bit) Not Partying - Was Party. THIS WAS Party ALL NIGHT content with the Tiki bar and party clothes.

October - Free content, Ghosts and 4 Star Wars costumes Not Partying - Was Party - the ads showed Costume Parties. It showed ways of deaths at parties and even ghosts partying.

November - Free content, Pools Not Partying - Wrong again, Was about Parties. - the Pool introduction was all about Pool Parties with lots of Guru made pool party houses shown.

December - Free content, 2 Careers Not Partying - yay one about careers. After all it costs lots of Simoleons to party. Right?

and The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack Holiday Party - was no question - about partying and celebrations with family and friends.

---| 2015 |---
    January - Paid content, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack Not Partying - You'd think it was just camping - but check the video for OR all about inviting a group of friends to camp with you, even adds singing with a guitar around the campfire with your friends and partying.

February - Free content, Genealogy. The Sims 4 (Mac, 64-bit) Not Partying - Family tree, Yeah - that has been a disaster since it came out thanks to culling. Goes to prove if it is not about partying - they give it no seriousness and why it is so mucked up.

March - Free content, Basements Not Partying - Basements was actually part of the GTW ep - that they extended to the game just like in Sims 3 they extended content from eps and sps to the base game. It was not specifically made as free content gift to player - just added to the base game because build mode required it be in the base game in order to work.

April - Paid content, The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack Not Partying Actually it included Partying with the aliens so - even though it was about careers it did feature aliens and partying on Sixam with them. It is a source of irritation when we cannot even get a full fledged EP pack with out something about parties in it.

May - Free content, 3 Star Wars costumes. Paid content, The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack Party - speaks for itself - Luxury parties.

June - Free content, Newcrest. Paid content, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack Not Partying - actually again look at the promo - it showed friends cooking out and partying in the hot tub. So I know what I see.

July - Free content, Lock Doors and Half Walls. Paid content, The Sims 4 Spa Day Game Pack Not Partying

August - Free content, Dishwashers. Paid content, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack Not Partying - Repeating myself but the promo again showed partying. The Sims 4 can make a party out of anything - apparently - including the making of ice creaM.

September - Free content, Jealous trait and "Claim" beds. Paid content, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff Pack Party - speaks for itself. More costume party stuff.

October - No content
    November - Free content, Repair Service and 3 #TeamTreat Reward objects Not Partying- not actually true seeing the reward objects were gotten from Simmers showing their sims trick or trating and partying - now wasn't it?

December - Free content, Purple pool water and Pool lot and The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack 2015 update... Holiday Party
    ... Paid content, The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack. The Sims 4 (PC, 64-bit) Some partying, huge substance of other stuff. Ummmm GT is all about partying - give me a break.

---| 2016 |---
    January - Free content, 8 Posters. Paid content, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Jan. 12th Not Partying. Try again - check the promos shows a big cookout, party lanterns in the trees, and patio movie screen. Just another kind of party.

I guess it's like beauty - in the eyes of the beholder - in your case "Calling it not about Partying is selective viewing in the eyes of you as the beholder" - but I know what i see and see the trailers and videos the Guru's themselves made about all this content and there is no way just about every single bit of content has not shown partying. Not a one.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    3 days after the "big" announcement and I'm like:
    12440499_1094565143921069_5292602465565088943_o.jpg
    smh
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I guess it's like beauty - in the eyes of the beholder - in your case "Calling it not about Partying is selective viewing in the eyes of you as the beholder" - but I know what i see and see the trailers and videos the Guru's themselves made about all this content and there is no way just about every single bit of content has not shown partying. Not a one.

We're talking about the game play, not the advertisements though.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    So many people complaining about all the partying in the game, and I'm sitting here rarely hosting or going to parties.

Maybe I'm just not popular enough :'(
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    smh

Last time I checked this was a stuff pack... What more do you want for $10? We're already getting clothing, hair, build/buy mode objects, plus two new gameplay objects.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited January 2016

^ Are unrecycled concepts too much to ask for?
    spoiler alert: NO.
    So many people seem to 'eat popcorn' on these forums I guess the devs thought that is what players want? ;)

Oh well, at least we know they are listening! :smiley:

Well, watching a mess unfold opens up an appetite ;)
    Astro wrote: »
    smh

Last time I checked this was a stuff pack... What more do you want for $10? We're already getting clothing, hair, build/buy mode objects, plus two new gameplay objects.

10$/€ for a big TV, some hippie furniture and a popcorn machine is a rip off imho.

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
    So many people seem to 'eat popcorn' on these forums I guess the devs thought that is what players want? ;)

When was the last time a movie hangout (or just movie in general) concept used?
    smh

10$/€ for a big TV, some hippie furniture and a popcorn machine is a rip off imho.

That's what I thought about Cool Kitchen, so I just didn't buy it.
    smh

So... If I'm not buying this pack, I can't criticize it?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wouldn't it take the cake if you can only watch movies on that new TV and not the others? lol I bet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited January 2016

Google it, I'm not wasting time replying to you after this since its clear you get a kick out of being dismissive anyway.

Have fun finding your answers!
    I like it. It will give my teens and children something to do with their friends and my adults something nice to do when they have date nights at home. Also they had me when they showed those gorgeous hanging lanterns on the tree outside.

Google it, I'm not wasting time replying to you after this since its clear you get a kick out of being dismissive anyway.

I was asking a question, jeez. And the only thing I found was a premium store set called "Le Cinema Plumbob" for $20. Didn't come with a popcorn machine either.

I was asking a question, jeez. And the only thing I found was a premium store set called "Le Cinema Plumbob" for $20. Didn't come with a popcorn machine either.

Here you have http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72699&categoryId=13062

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    smh

So... If I'm not buying this pack, I can't criticize it?

I never said that.

I thought you were dismissing the other content coming with the pack. I then explained my situation with CK, I still complained about that pack, the fact that there was more CAS items than build mode items, etc.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wouldn't it take the cake if you can only watch movies on that new TV and not the others? lol I bet.

It was confirmed by Graham that movies can be watched on tv's.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Some great tweets on the SP!

Movie%20Stuff_zpsbmkxzwol.jpg

Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I don't get what the big deal is about stuff packs, why people are complaining so much.

To me, they are just a replacement for TS3 store, only you get more stuff for less money. They seem similar to the later Store sets which were released with premium content adding small amounts of game play. I don't see them as essential for the game, or needing to add much to the game, they are just there for some optional additional items.

Now, if it had been released as a Game Pack I would understand why people were pretty miffed at only getting this amount and not getting something totally different.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Definitely should have been an game pack instead of a stuff pack. The sims 4 is seriously just becoming a stuff pack game with not much else to do. Even though I do like some of the items I saw, I'm not sure why it just wasn't placed in get together since its about getting with friends and watching movies.
    i think we all know the answer pretty well :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I don't get what the big deal is about stuff packs, why people are complaining so much.

To me, they are just a replacement for TS3 store, only you get more stuff for less money. They seem similar to the later Store sets which were released with premium content adding small amounts of game play. I don't see them as essential for the game, or needing to add much to the game, they are just there for some optional additional items.

Now, if it had been released as a Game Pack I would understand why people were pretty miffed at only getting this amount and not getting something totally different.

I totally agree with this. They are stuff packs. They come with stuff. 1 or 2 gameplay objects. What else needs to be in these packs! Tell us! So that the Sims team knows what else you guys want in here! Don't just say it's really empty, tell us what you want!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    If I could even play TS4 on my computer, I'd buy the stuff pack just for the new movies on the TV.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!

Here you have http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72699&categoryId=13062

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

That popcorn maker there reminds me of the one I downloaded from MTS years ago for TS2. I loved that thing. I was hoping for something more like those than what might be this SP.
    edited January 2016
    Some great tweets on the SP!

Movie%20Stuff_zpsbmkxzwol.jpg

Thank you, that's a relief since I hope someone will build a make shift fake theater and or I will try my hand at building one for myself. Good to know.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

94599-awesome-sauce-gif-high-five-ap-mSOG_zpssvzllsio.gifLOL

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!