Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No/Less pudding face

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Pary is your sim high in the mixology skill? That's an issue I did not run in to, but when I had the mod in my game I had my sim name the two or three drinks they created, so I'm not sure about your issue.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes he's maxed. It's not so much not knowing what to make, it's the consistent pop up window to name a drink whenever he creates one that is bugging me.

I don't want to name them every single time he creates one. I want it to just go back to the way it was, of simply calling the drink by the type, without popping up a window, and letting me name them later through the recipe window.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    @HappySimmer3 - Ha, that Plum (not very bright) is one of a few custom traits that the mod adds in, it's different from Absent Minded. It's the counterpart to Genius -- it's more difficult for sims with the "not very bright" trait to learn things, for example. And it's one of the things I actually miss as I thought it added an extra challenge for sims who had it.

Some of his other custom traits I had no use for; Blind and Incontinent were I thought downright insensitive. Tealdeer was kind of funny, though. But really had to respect them all as there are only two other modders I know of who have been able to manage custom traits in TS3 at all and one of them dropped out before the game was finished so his custom trait doesn't work on patch levels above 1.55 or something. The other was a new culture trait, Japanese by Arsil. NRaas never added any.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I thought it was a new trait. I don't rotate through that many households in the game I was playing so I had no use for it. When I was using it, my sim did drop where she stood to sleep off a Tealdeer at a party once. :p

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Woot! :mrgreen:

Just dropping in. :cookie:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2016
    There is another mod I've got - forget what it is called or who made it at the moment - but it adds lots of new recipes and I think it also adds ingredients. That's the bit I want.

But the downside is every single time I send a sim to make a meal, whatever meal it might be, I have to scroll through all the ingredients in the fridge to find the ones I want them to cook with.

I find that extremely frustrating, annoying and has almost forced me to remove the mod.

There were a lot of other equally annoying additions by that mod but I have managed to use cheats provided to turn them all off.

I thought I'd leave it in place for now and one day I might go in search of it again on MTS and see if I can find a cheat that will let them just use the ingredients the recipe requires - whether they are in the fridge or they have to buy them from the store.

In the meantime my Sims have to decide for themselves if they want to eat or not.

If they get hungry I use testing cheats to push their hunger up in the meantime too.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    There was JUST a thread here with @igazor explaining to me how to fix that. I also suggest THIS site.

But I was also asking him how to change the service sims. Which he answers.... HERE.

I tried the method explained in the first link you posted this past summer, but personally I wasn't at all happy with the results. Some of the sims were still really unattractive to me, plus that mod messes with your game in ways you cannot control, even with most all the settings turned off. I used that mod for many years when TS3 came out but switched to NRASS when those mods grew more comprehensive, and i have been very happy with the bug fixes and customization options; in retrospect I should not have tried to go back to that first mod but TBH I forgot all the ways it controls your game. One of the reasons I like to use mods is because I don't want EA to control my game, so I sure don't want a mod that tries to do that too.

I should say that I have never had Awesome mod. ;) But the immigration aspect of the second link worked well for me. I just did what @igazor explained about having the service sims be controlled through SP and taken from Bin or otherwise and it seems to have worked. I have a very proper original bartender/server in a bar that is not vanilla and while not.... completely attractive is very agreable.

I only followed the rapid immigration aspect of the link above, and it worked very well. Yeah they aren't all models... but I fill the town enough with my own creations that some random townies are a welcome change.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    There was JUST a thread here with @igazor explaining to me how to fix that. I also suggest THIS site.

But I was also asking him how to change the service sims. Which he answers.... HERE.

I tried the method explained in the first link you posted this past summer, but personally I wasn't at all happy with the results. Some of the sims were still really unattractive to me, plus that mod messes with your game in ways you cannot control, even with most all the settings turned off. I used that mod for many years when TS3 came out but switched to NRASS when those mods grew more comprehensive, and i have been very happy with the bug fixes and customization options; in retrospect I should not have tried to go back to that first mod but TBH I forgot all the ways it controls your game. One of the reasons I like to use mods is because I don't want EA to control my game, so I sure don't want a mod that tries to do that too.

Saying all that, I'm quite sure that others will jump all over my opinion and tell me how wrong I am, so I'll just add YMMV. :D

Also, I think it's a given that when someone says 'custom skins are a must' that that's their opinion and frankly I'm getting very tired of the argumentiveness about this issue. Some like the puddings plain and some like them dressed up with whipped cream and sprinkles. End of. No need to be arguing about it. I think this forum has quite enough strife as it is, but maybe that's just me.
    Well, I'm guilty of doing that, and I'm going to disappoint you, I probably will to the bitter end as long as people feel they have to express their opinon like a fact ;) Because 'it is a must' doesn't sound like an opinion to me at all. You can say 'I dislike the way the sims look vanilla, I need CC to be able to accept my sims'. That's fine, I get that. The same goes for mods. I perfectly understand and appreciate a lot of people can't enjoy the game without some gameplay changing mods. Believe me, I know better how to not like a game than to do like one :p But when someone states - in general - the game is boring and unplayable without them, why wouldn't others be allowed to object to that and explain it's not like that for them? The argument starts with the one stating their opinion so factual and blunt, not by the one who reacts by stating they don't see it like that.

In all honesty, for me it often isn't even a case of 'I happen to like my vanilla sims duhuh'. Quite often I'm completely confused the alternative is even liked. I'd most certainly use CC if that would be the vanilla version of the game. When I see CC like that being praised, I react by not reacting ;) If people love it they do. Who am I to tell them it's a must to remove it from the game as soon as they can?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

In all honesty, for me it often isn't even a case of 'I happen to like my vanilla sims duhuh'. Quite often I'm completely confused the alternative is even liked. I'd most certainly use CC if that would be the vanilla version of the game. When I see CC like that being praised, I react by not reacting ;) If people love it they do. Who am I to tell them it's a must to remove it from the game as soon as they can?

Yeah, I've seen pictures of sims loaded with CC skins and whatever other kinds of CC they're made with, that I think are absolutely hideous. Yet other players, including of course, their creators, think they're gorgeous. To each his own.

• Options
    Well, that works both ways, too. I see pics of vanilla sims that I think are dreadful while the people posting them think they are fabulous! Saying that, I've seen lots of sims with CC that I think are dreadful, too. ;)

I agree that people should try to be a little less definitive when stating their opinions. But a simple 'I disagree, I think (blah blah blah) is just as effective as a confrontational response. But then again I don't tend to get defensive about what someone else likes, either. <shrug>

• Options

I should say that I have never had Awesome mod. ;) But the immigration aspect of the second link worked well for me. I just did what @igazor explained about having the service sims be controlled through SP and taken from Bin or otherwise and it seems to have worked. I have a very proper original bartender/server in a bar that is not vanilla and while not.... completely attractive is very agreable.

I only followed the rapid immigration aspect of the link above, and it worked very well. Yeah they aren't all models... but I fill the town enough with my own creations that some random townies are a welcome change.

I use the NRASS SP settings too, and I agree that I will see many sims that look similar to the ones in my library, and they aren't puddings at all. In fact, I sometimes collect pretty sims just for that purpose. LOL

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2016
    I am like @Charlottesmom "Some see pudding I see potential" exactly how I see it.For example Kate Pistachio the SV maid.Everybody knows who she is.Not the most standout sim with very bland boring features and awful makeup.But in my eyes she has potential.Could make her look amazing easily, am not in game or would. :) Will keep it in mind though.But like Kate you got Marigold Maldano the fairy townie from Moonlit Falls.She is very bland with ugly blue eyeshadow and pale skin,again she has potential.

For a game based on player imagination and creativity I truthfully do not see how people see pudding.And several of my games have married Apartment NPCs and it is actually really fun.Ring the resident list and you will see tons of Sims pop up in a list with little pictures and names, I ring the potentially cutest ones that require no mad scientist treatment then start asking each sim questions to learn the traits.They are random every game so it adds a bit more fun to the mix everytime.

I personally like my vanilla sims they are great as is,some like a small amount of CC and think they are great, some use full blown CC and think they are great.Guess what, all 3 types mentioned are right and correct in their own thinking.

But to say "CC is a must" ummm no and never will that be the case ever ."CC is a must...FOR YOU" CC is an option,nothing more just like playing vanilla is an option for me not a must.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Wow, the thread took quite a twist! I'm with @JoAnne65 and @CravenLestat, even though I like using CC and mods.

Speaking of Nraas Methods to give a wider range of different faces to sims created in-game, I need to double-check that thread which Igazor answered questions. I tested the rapid immigration another night and made a few changes until it was really cool. Nowadays, I've got a library full of sims (from the towns - I packed the whole Sunset Valley for example) and maybe it'd work nicely.

I also welcome some level of what some would consider "ugly" faces. I still have problems to deal with "ugly", but it makes the town more real. There are both attractive and unattractive people everywhere. I remember killing that little Bunch boy once I noticed he wasn't attractive for me. I still feel bad for doing that.
  • Options
    Awww, @thuggishsplicer I would never kill off the sims I think are ugly, I would feel terrible too! I also agree that I like some diversity. My goal with my NRASS settings is to have sims that don't all have the sliders set the same. Any sim I play, though, I usually tweak and add cc to because I think it makes them look a lot better.

I don't think most of us are disagreeing over people having different opinions of the art style and what we find attractive. One person made a statement about their preferences that unfortunately was worded in a way to offend people, and no surprise that others took exception to it. I made a personal comment about how we address our differences, mostly because I'm just getting tired of all the arguing. I don't visit the TS4 forum as much as I used to because of it, so I'm bummed that those of us who enjoy TS3 so much can't find a less defensive way of discussing things!

All that said, people will be people and I know it will happen. But I really don't think anyone cares what other people do or don't to their game. They just disagree over whether they prefer to use different textures and additions to it. :)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    There is another mod I've got - forget what it is called or who made it at the moment - but it adds lots of new recipes and I think it also adds ingredients. That's the bit I want.

But the downside is every single time I send a sim to make a meal, whatever meal it might be, I have to scroll through all the ingredients in the fridge to find the ones I want them to cook with.
    Not sure how this fits into the topic at hand -- oh wait, it's the mention of "pudding" and food, right? (just kidding) :p

I always thought icarus_allsorts arranged it so that we can choose the game's regular Cook/Serve Breakfast (or whatever time it is) and Dessert commands alongside his Cook/Serve with Recipes so you can decide when you want the default ingredients and when you want to get fancy. Only recently learned that it's really been Ani's No Shopping from the Fridge mod alongside his that's been offering both sets of commands all this time. But he's always tweaking that huge mod of his, just released a new version a few days ago. Maybe you could on MTS request a default or save recipe feature so you don't have to slog through a thousand ingredients just to make a plate of waffles each time?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    IMO "vanilla" sims aren't sims without CC, they are just the random NPC's or townies that spawn that have that same face. The vanilla face I call it because its the "base" face. Not because its ugly or anything, but IRL all erroneous people around me don't have the same face. Its weird. LOL

So that's what I'm saying when I say they need changing.

I think there is a difference in saying the "vanilla" sims (which to me are the same-face sims) and saying that all CC-less sims or all TS3 sims are 'pudding faced' (I don't agree with that statement).

I've started a completely empty town and ALL the sims generated are the same-faced Vanilla sims. No-bueno. So that's what I think the OP was trying to address.
    Studio
  • Options
    Yes, that's what I understood also. She was asking for a way to get rid of the 'clones' that the game normally creates. I think the thread took a bit of a twist as soon as someone mentioned custom content. :p

However, I do think the subjects are related somewhat. Custom sliders help to extend the range of the faces which does help with the identical pudding look. Not necessary of course, but they give a wider diversity to the faces. The NRASS mods allow you to use your library sims as genetic material for the immigrated townies and service sims, and you can also extend the range of the sliders (both the in-game sliders as well as custom sliders).

In any case, I'm sure the OP is perfectly capable of deciding for herself whether or not 'custom sliders are a must'. :D

• Options
    @HappySimmer3 I have to admit that even with my multitudes of CC, I have yet to raise the slider multiplier. I do have CC sliders, but really you can get some pretty monstrous sims randomized with them LOL. ONE thing that I liked about TS4 is that you can tweak body shape. I dislike that I have to get CC sliders so that I can have more realistically voluptuous sims, or broad shouldered males or more realistically 'round'. The limits on body shape with base game are disappointing. But by no means is it necessary to have them. I didn't for years and years. But I do like having them now.

Studio
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @HappySimmer3 I have to admit that even with my multitudes of CC, I have yet to raise the slider multiplier. I do have CC sliders, but really you can get some pretty monstrous sims randomized with them LOL. ONE thing that I liked about TS4 is that you can tweak body shape. I dislike that I have to get CC sliders so that I can have more realistically voluptuous sims, or broad shouldered males or more realistically 'round'. The limits on body shape with base game are disappointing. But by no means is it necessary to have them. I didn't for years and years. But I do like having them now.

I'd like butt sliders (the guys have basically no tushies) and height sliders!
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Yes, that's what I understood also. She was asking for a way to get rid of the 'clones' that the game normally creates. I think the thread took a bit of a twist as soon as someone mentioned custom content. :p

However, I do think the subjects are related somewhat. Custom sliders help to extend the range of the faces which does help with the identical pudding look. Not necessary of course, but they give a wider diversity to the faces. The NRASS mods allow you to use your library sims as genetic material for the immigrated townies and service sims, and you can also extend the range of the sliders (both the in-game sliders as well as custom sliders).

In any case, I'm sure the OP is perfectly capable of deciding for herself whether or not 'custom sliders are a must'. :D

Wow, this thread is out of control xD But its an interesting read for sure!

Personally, I've not used custom sliders though am not against the idea. But I'm a lover of CC (SKIN/eyes/hair are my weakness), and though I understand those who like their game be vanilla i just don't like the look and feel of my sims that way.

I do see the relation between subjects as well, since CC can make a huge difference in the look of one sim to the next. My Puddings are not bad looking, I've just noticed that they're all produced at the same factory :P And I've grown ired of adjusting their faces in Create A Sim.

@HappySimmer3 How exactly do you use your bin for genetics?
    I'd actually love that, since I try to be diverse with my sims, i think they'd end up distinctive from one another that way.

I agree that I don't think it's a great idea to increase them too much! Although in my case it's not much of an issue because I usually just forget to increase the slider range at all. Haha!

I do believe I said that the sliders were not necessary, but that the do increase the diversity which is how the topics are related to each other. I don't know if I'm doing a really poor job of expressing what I mean or what. I definitely wasn't saying that sliders were necessary. :p

I do like the fact that they added some additional body areas to adjust in 4, along with some additional face pre-sets. But each pre-set has a limited range, so if someone can ever figure out how to add TS4 sliders, I'm sure they will.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Well, that works both ways, too. I see pics of vanilla sims that I think are dreadful while the people posting them think they are fabulous! Saying that, I've seen lots of sims with CC that I think are dreadful, too. ;)

I agree that people should try to be a little less definitive when stating their opinions. But a simple 'I disagree, I think (blah blah blah) is just as effective as a confrontational response. But then again I don't tend to get defensive about what someone else likes, either. <shrug>
    But that was exactly what was done in this topic wasn't it? I'm not sure what you consider a confrontational response ;) It's just that the assumption that sims need CC is a disputable one in my opinion (and others obviously).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    IMO "vanilla" sims aren't sims without CC, they are just the random NPC's or townies that spawn that have that same face. The vanilla face I call it because its the "base" face. Not because its ugly or anything, but IRL all erroneous people around me don't have the same face. Its weird. LOL

So that's what I'm saying when I say they need changing.

I think there is a difference in saying the "vanilla" sims (which to me are the same-face sims) and saying that all CC-less sims or all TS3 sims are 'pudding faced' (I don't agree with that statement).

I've started a completely empty town and ALL the sims generated are the same-faced Vanilla sims. No-bueno. So that's what I think the OP was trying to address.
    The way it was explained to me once, is that 'vanilla' means without custom content? The random sims in Sims 3 that have the same face aren't necessarily vanilla following that definition, not when they have a custom skin. You can play Sims 4 vanilla as well, and the NPC's in that game don't have identical faces.

I accept most NPC's for what they are myself (I regret the all-sliders-in-the-middle, but I think it's caused by the flaws in Sims 3 CAS). Except when they get a part in my story, then I adjust them (by cheating them into CAS). It's kind of annoying though they are often replaced. I adjusted the NPC behind the counter in my bakery (her face and I also gave her a quite suitable Katy Perry dress) and a couple of days later she was gone and replaced by a male puddingface :disappointed: ).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2016
    igazor wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »

Not sure how this fits into the topic at hand -- oh wait, it's the mention of "pudding" and food, right? (just kidding) :p

I always thought icarus_allsorts arranged it so that we can choose the game's regular Cook/Serve Breakfast (or whatever time it is) and Dessert commands alongside his Cook/Serve with Recipes so you can decide when you want the default ingredients and when you want to get fancy. Only recently learned that it's really been Ani's No Shopping from the Fridge mod alongside his that's been offering both sets of commands all this time. But he's always tweaking that huge mod of his, just released a new version a few days ago. Maybe you could on MTS request a default or save recipe feature so you don't have to slog through a thousand ingredients just to make a plate of waffles each time?

That is probably correct. I just haven't worked out that bit yet. I suspect I will eventually locate the cheat that lets me just tell them to make autumn salad and not have to pick all the ingredients from the fridge. Until I get around to it I'll just keep making them not hungry by using a cheat. It's easier that way.

EDIT: I think I'm actually losing interest in Sims altogether. I do have lots of other things to do. I haven't played at all this year. I turned the game on this morning but can't be bothered with it. I've done a bit on the forums and think I'll just do something else for the rest of the day. I have a database to finish before the end of the month so I probably have that on my mind a bit so that may explain some of the lack of Sim interest right now.
  • Options
    @Karritz - We would miss you if you disappeared permanently but we all do need to take a break at times. I know not playing and not being on the forums are two different things, but one does tend to follow the other. Hope your interest in the game is renewed at some future point. Or in something else just as engaging (other than databases). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!