Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to The Sims 3 Website / Store

Comments

• heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Ah, yes, that does make sense. The way the first sentence worded it (in the original pose) I thought they meant all worlds. Phew!

Thank you for the clarification.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Ah, yes, that does make sense. The way the first sentence worded it (in the original pose) I thought they meant all worlds. Phew!

Thank you for the clarification.

You're welcome... :)

• BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    The change is only for the purchase of SimPoints and content that requires real world currency to purchase.
    You will continue to spend your SimPoints on the TS3 website as usual so your SimPoints balance is still valid for any of the content you want to buy on the site.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited January 2016
    I was just in my game and had gotten a in-game gift from one of my friends on my friends list, so when I went to send one back to them, I get this message telling me that I need to register my game to be able to do that. All of my games are registered and I was able to send in-game gifts in the month of December. Plus I didn't update to the newest 1.69 patch when it came out and I have no plans to update to the patch. So please don't tell me that the in-game gifting is now tied to having to go through the Origin client.

This is the message I get when trying to send any in-game gifts:

The feature requires you to have a game registered. Go to the Profile Tab on your Player Profile and Wall to register your game!

Has anyone else have this issue? I got a feeling that it has something to do with the new update from this week to the website but I could be wrong.

@SimGuruDrake
  • VirtualAuthorVirtualAuthor Posts: 1 New Member
    If EA is going to require me to register with Origin, then I guess EA will no longer be getting any of my "real money."
  • BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    @VirtualAuthor If you have bought SimPoints you are already registered with Origin. It is the same account across all EA sites.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I just had a quick look at the buy sim points process. It seems the free gift with purchase is no longer available.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    If EA is going to require me to register with Origin, then I guess EA will no longer be getting any of my "real money."

You already have an Origin account; you just used it to make that post.

I will have an issue it if ever gets to the point where I need to have Origin installed on my computer to access the store content I've purchased. As long as that doesn't happen I'm good.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I just had a quick look at the buy sim points process. It seems the free gift with purchase is no longer available.

Seriously? Even grab-bag stuff? I was, like, 4 items away from having everything.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.

Seriously? Even grab-bag stuff? I was, like, 4 items away from having everything.

I was hoping to get everything too. I don't think it was ever available through Origin, that's why I checked. I didn't buy points I just had a look at what happens when you click the buy simpoints button.

It looks like I won't be buying any more sim points.

I had a lot to get though so it was going to take me a while to get all the items.

I've been gifting store items to a cousin, but I'm not sure if they even play the game now so I've been having second thoughts about continuing with it and now you can't even get the free mystery items when you buy points I think I'll just give the whole idea a miss.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

Yes, exactly what I thought. I am already registered with Origin but I try to stay far away from it and don't want to log onto it to do anything if I can help it; I especially don't want it trying to mess up my Sims 3 with that last wonky update. So I won't be buying anymore sim points/store items (thank goodness I have most of what I want already).

• ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Their trying make it so you can't get your Store content or digital downloads unless you accept patch 1.69 just tried to download one of my SP's it wouldn't let me it'll probably do the same with Store content or it won't let it install without patch 1.69.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Karritz, thank you for confirming what I suspected. It's like they realized we weren't falling for the bogus 1.69 update and figured out another way to rope us in. People buy thousands of simpoints every day. It makes me sick; as I love gifting people and now I just don't know what to make of this.

Reminds me of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Germany. :o
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    @Karritz, thank you for confirming what I suspected. It's like they realized we weren't falling for the bogus 1.69 update and figured out another way to rope us in. People buy thousands of simpoints every day. It makes me sick; as I love gifting people and now I just don't know what to make of this.

Reminds me of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Germany. :o

Remember, they didn't issue this update for Mac users and they still need access to the store as well. I don't see this as some huge conspiracy but most likely as an attempt to get everything tied to one environment which is Origin. Never blame on malice what is most likely explained by a lack of forethought.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 2016
    And the Steam users don't get the update either but I guess only time will tell
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    I think right now they are mostly concentrating on forcing all of the PC users to accept the 1.69 update.

I have a PC so if I ever get contaminated by that update you won't see me around here any more. I'll be doing something other than playing games made by EA.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    They should offer me cash to accept it then. I'm not doing it for free! :) hehehe
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I think right now they are mostly concentrating on forcing all of the PC users to accept the 1.69 update.

I have a PC so if I ever get contaminated by that update you won't see me around here any more. I'll be doing something other than playing games made by EA.

Just uninstall origin off your pc . You dont need it.
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member

I wish this was true, but my game won't launch without going through origin. :disappointed:

I probably will eventually.

I'll keep it for now as I still might want to play something else that is available only through Origin.

But I'm spending less and less time playing games now days.

I think I've got everything I need to reinstall it all if the worst happens.

I'll keep it for now as I still might want to play something else that is available only through Origin.

Like you I have everything should I need to reinstall but Im safe right now with my downloads since I installed before the update and have the old download that did not require origin

Like you I have everything should I need to reinstall but Im safe right now with my downloads since I installed before the update and have the old download that did not require origin

I have the old version of the disks plus disks for all expansions and stuff packs plus installer files for most of them plus patches.

Hopefully I e got enough to keep me going until I don't want to bother with it any more.

I have the old version of the disks plus disks for all expansions and stuff packs plus installer files for most of them plus patches.

Hopefully I e got enough to keep me going until I don't want to bother with it any more.

I bought up most of the discs, still working on getting the rest. You also still have the option to use steam and if it becomes to much of a hassle I will stop playing and walk away. Im already done with sims 4 . I have no use for origin

I bought up most of the discs, still working on getting the rest. You also still have the option to use steam and if it becomes to much of a hassle I will stop playing and walk away. Im already done with sims 4 . I have no use for origin

Considering all the carry on to destroy Sims 3 for as many people as possible, I'm ready to walk away from it all as well.

Considering all the carry on to destroy Sims 3 for as many people as possible, I'm ready to walk away from it all as well.

Well my game is still good for now and the store is working without the patch. I just got a notice if I would like to add the patch and said no and store is still installing anyway