Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just put in toddlers already.

Comments

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't count minecraft tbh. It cost around 27 dollars and all the updates to it are free. There is no dlc to be purchased and tons of free mods that staright up change gameplay.

They of course make their money in other ways, no doubt about that, but when it comes to the main game itself, it's no where near the cost of the sims. (from a players perspective). Now this is assuming you're playing alone, with family only without buying a server, or actually running a server/ a member of any service that charges extra.

As far as steam goes, I guess it depends on which games you're talking about.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Ayumap wrote: »

Then to me it's like ofc they're not going to say anything. (If they have no pans to ever release toddlers). As long as people still buy content in hopes toddlers will come, they're (Maxis) fine. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if toddlers never came in sims 4 and just when everyone swears to never buy again, sims 5 releases with all life stages. Potential bringing a lot of those players back.

You're so right... They're lucky they have no competition, helps them get away with so much. Their only competition is their own games and even that hurts them at times... Imagine if they actually had to do their best or lose players to better games? Bet we'd know if toddlers were coming then.

It's just a cruddy situation.

Agreed. But I do think toddlers are coming, because so many have complained, and I want to remain optimistic that because they haven't said anything, that means they're working on it in a special release.

I have no clue if they're coming back or not. Was more playing Devil's advocate. I do hope we'll see them, but for me it's hard to really trust that we will. I appreciate your optimism. :) I hope what you said ends up being the case, I really do.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    They will, at some point.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I have no clue if they're coming back or not. Was more playing Devil's advocate. I do hope we'll see them, but for me it's hard to really trust that we will. I appreciate your optimism. :) I hope what you said ends up being the case, I really do.

Me too, me too. We need to stay strong in solidarity lest the toddler gods break us.
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Toddlers aren't made in a day, they'll be put in (imo) eventually.

They aren't made in a year and a half either- apparently- LOL!

Sims 4 development started in 2013 so almost 3 years still isn't enough time either lol

It started in 2010 lol.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

They aren't made in a year and a half either- apparently- LOL!

Yeah, apparently. Bottom line is, either they're coming this year or never. Personally I don't care if they come or not, I have a few things that are higher on my 'wants' list.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I wonder when people will start to acknowledge toddler aren't ever coming back for this iteration? I will actually respect Maxis Mobile if they just came right out and said they won't be coming back so we can all move on.

They said in a Survey late last year that they would make them as part of a Generations EP along with Preteens, if they Survey was popular. So that kind of confirms they are still on that table, but they will only get the resources to do it, if they get the Ok from EA to begin work on Generations, rather than using a base game budget.

And they will most likely patch them.

I would go for that, I am so looking for pre-teen more then toddlers. but for everyone, I hope they do both.

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Just what if Toddlers will be available on console only, that will peeve a lot of Simmers including me! EA should seriously put them in, the majority have waited since base game launched!
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I don't think there will ever be a console version. They said they are not working on a console version.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    It's never that simple. They can't just put Toddlers in the game if they aren't working on them or they're still working on them. Who knows, they might even be finished making Toddlers but are waiting to add them before the launch of a Family-themed Expansion Pack, there's no way of knowing whether Toddlers will ever be in The Sims 4 without direct confirmation from Maxis themselves and they're not allowed to say a word about future unconfirmed stuff, there's nothing they can do about that unless they want to risk getting in trouble. Even if Toddlers are in the works or aren't in the works currently, neither confirms that they will ever be in The Sims 4, nor does either confirm they won't be in The Sims 4. The only other way to know if Toddlers will never be in The Sims 4 is to wait until the end of the series, cause just because they haven't added them in a year, doesn't mean they won't be added anytime later. If you think about it, if they don't know whether they're going to add Toddlers or not, or when they're going to add them, they can't just confirm them for the game without making sure they're compatible, if they say there won't be Toddlers and then turn up finding a way to implement them in, they lied about that, if they said they'll add Toddlers, they probably won't say when and something could always change and cause Toddlers to become incompatible with the game, meaning they'd have lied about saying yes. I have faith that Maxis will add Toddlers someday though.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    I know I'm getting tired of waiting and waiting for any toddler hint or an announcement of some sort.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

If they put toddlers in the game from the beginning, this wouldn't be a problem. Don't even try to make excuses for their laziness. The developers originally even said that toddlers were gonna be included in the base game, but took them out pretty much at last minute because it was "too hard".

Suggesting that "toddlers aren't made in a day" as a reason for them not being in the game is just a lazy excuse for them. The Sims 2 and Sims 3 had them in the base game from day one. There are no valid excuses for them not being in The Sims 4 other than the fact that the developers are just lazy and don't care.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    OP, none of us would be "begging" for toddlers if the developers just put them in the game in the first place. Don't go around acting as if we're the bad ones for wanting something in the game that was there in Sims 2 and Sims 3, but suddenly removed in Sims 4 for no actual reason at all. This is their own faults.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    OP, none of us would be "begging" for toddlers if the developers just put them in the game in the first place. Don't go around acting as if we're the bad ones for wanting something in the game that was there in Sims 2 and Sims 3, but suddenly removed in Sims 4 for no actual reason at all. This is their own faults.
    He said he's sick of people begging, not he's sick of the people who beg. There's a difference, ya know. Actions taken vs. the person who takes the action. Annoying actions vs. annoying people.

I suspect that most who read the forums, who aren't vehemently invested in toddlers, are tired of reading about them. That doesn't mean everyone who feels that way thinks the people asking for toddlers are "bad ones." It doesn't even necessarily mean that they disagree with asking for toddlers... it can really just mean they are tired of reading about it near constantly.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    edited January 2016

If they put toddlers in the game from the beginning, this wouldn't be a problem. Don't even try to make excuses for their laziness. The developers originally even said that toddlers were gonna be included in the base game, but took them out pretty much at last minute because it was "too hard".

Suggesting that "toddlers aren't made in a day" as a reason for them not being in the game is just a lazy excuse for them. The Sims 2 and Sims 3 had them in the base game from day one. There are no valid excuses for them not being in The Sims 4 other than the fact that the developers are just lazy and don't care.

Olympus is a valid excuse for the toddler absence.

"Too hard", "lazy", "don't care". Any other words you'd like to use that are out of context?
  • geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member

I agree! The Sims 4 was in development for years. But Maxis took them out for like you said for no reason at all. Why is it that the games before it had no problem at all putting toddlers in the game but with the Sims 4 it's suddenly a problem. It shouldn't take years and months to create a life stage that was already in the two previous games before it. It makes me angry that Maxis just ignores the fact that toddlers are not in the game and won't updated their PAYING customers at all on whether or not toddlers will ever be put in the game like they were supposed to or even a status of whether or not they are even working on them. @SimGuruDrake just like culling this is an important issue with the Sims 4 that needs to be addressed quickly. Many fans, including myself, are tired of waiting, we need answers now. A lot of this toddler drama would go away if any of the gurus would just speak up and give us an update on toddlers.

Anyway all I know is for the amount of time it is taking them to make toddlers, if they even are at this point, they better be the best, if not perfect, life state in the Sims 4.
    geekchic96 wrote: »

I agree! The Sims 4 was in development for years. But Maxis took them out for like you said for no reason at all. Why is it that the games before it had no problem at all putting toddlers in the game but with the Sims 4 it's suddenly a problem. It shouldn't take years and months to create a life stage that was already in the two previous games before it. It makes me angry that Maxis just ignores the fact that toddlers are not in the game and won't updated their PAYING customers at all on whether or not toddlers will ever be put in the game like they were supposed to or even a status of whether or not they are even working on them. @SimGuruDrake just like culling this is an important issue with the Sims 4 that needs to be addressed quickly. Many fans, including myself, are tired of waiting, we need answers now. A lot of this toddler drama would go away if any of the gurus would just speak up and give us an update on toddlers.

Anyway all I know is for the amount of time it is taking them to make toddlers, if they even are at this point, they better be the best, if not perfect, life state in the Sims 4.

TS4 was not in development for years, it was in development for a little over a year, due to them scrapping Olympus at the last second.
    Triplis wrote: »
    He said he's sick of people begging, not he's sick of the people who beg. There's a difference, ya know. Actions taken vs. the person who takes the action. Annoying actions vs. annoying people.

I suspect that most who read the forums, who aren't vehemently invested in toddlers, are tired of reading about them. That doesn't mean everyone who feels that way thinks the people asking for toddlers are "bad ones." It doesn't even necessarily mean that they disagree with asking for toddlers... it can really just mean they are tired of reading about it near constantly.

I fail to realize what part of my comment you seem to have misunderstood or read incorrectly. My point still stands. The same people who are "sick" of hearing/seeing people complaining about the lack of toddlers are the same ones who are also perfectly okay with the fact that EA decided to release an unfinished game. Once again, toddlers should've been included in the base game. Until they're finally added in, there's no reason why we should just have to shut up and stop asking about them.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

"Too hard", "lazy", "don't care". Any other words you'd like to use that are out of context?

Olympus isn't even a valid excuse either... lol Are you really that dense? Turning a spin off tablet game into the 4th main series game just because they knew it would make more money is literally pure laziness.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Just curious - have previous Sims teams responded to fan feedback? I'm just sitting here thinking.. why do they have to listen to us? Don't misunderstand.. I absolutely want them to listen and incorporate our feedback. But did Sims 1,2 or 3 change with fan input? I am literally asking because I haven't been part of these forums very long (just look at my message count -obviously) so I don't know whether this uproar is new or not. Were there major things in the previous iterations that fans petitioned and eventually had changed?
    geekchic96 wrote: »

I completely agree! I really hate how so many people are actually attempting to make excuses for the lack of toddlers by suggesting that it's "hard" or that "it takes time"... that's not even the point! The point is they should already be in the game anyway. Other than laziness, I cannot see any logical reason why toddlers weren't in the base game to begin with. But, like you said, even Sims 2 and Sims 3 had toddlers. Plus, I'm pretty sure the whole point of The Sims 4's game engine (which they called "Smart Sim") was supposed to make things like programming easier, so if that's really true, then where are the toddlers!? If they can have toddlers in the base games for Sims 2 and Sims 3, there is absolutely NO reason they can't add them in Sims 4 for free in a patch.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

Olympus isn't even a valid excuse either... lol Are you really that dense? Turning a spin off tablet game into the 4th main series game just because they knew it would make more money is literally pure laziness.

They had a deadline to get TS4 out, Rachel Franklin wasn't in charge of maxis then. She didn't get the option to push the release date of 4 back more to include all those "base game" features.

Calling me dense because I don't share the same view as you? Cool.
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Just curious - have previous Sims teams responded to fan feedback? I'm just sitting here thinking.. why do they have to listen to us? Don't misunderstand.. I absolutely want them to listen and incorporate our feedback. But did Sims 1,2 or 3 change with fan input? I am literally asking because I haven't been part of these forums very long (just look at my message count -obviously) so I don't know whether this uproar is new or not. Were there major things in the previous iterations that fans petitioned and eventually had changed?

That has nothing to do with this. There was NEVER a time in the franchise (other than now) when basic features like toddlers have been excluded from the base game with no logical explanation. Therefore, there wasn't really a need for them to explain themselves. We're the ones paying them money. They should at the very least explain why they make the decisions they do. Not only that, but we at least deserve a confirmation about whether or not toddlers are coming. The game has been out for over a year and we have yet to receive any information at all.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I fail to realize what part of my comment you seem to have misunderstood or read incorrectly. My point still stands. The same people who are "sick" of hearing/seeing people complaining about the lack of toddlers are the same ones who are also perfectly okay with the fact that EA decided to release an unfinished game. Once again, toddlers should've been included in the base game. Until they're finally added in, there's no reason why we should just have to shut up and stop asking about them.
    I didn't misunderstand anything. You said the OP is acting as if people asking for toddlers are "bad ones." I explained why you are pulling that out of nowhere and it's not what he said. I also explained why it's silly to pull that conclusion out of anyone who is tired of hearing about toddlers.

You then tell me I've misunderstood and give me an assumption that those who say they are "sick of it" are ok with EA releasing an "unfinished game," as if it's reducible to this one group of people who is basically a group of idiots that understands they are playing an unfinished game and is ok with it. You are coming across as very combative to me for no reason.

I didn't tell you to shut up. The OP didn't tell you to shut up. He said he's tired of hearing about it. That's not telling you to shut up. It's voicing his feelings on the matter. Or are you going to tell me that your feelings about toddlers are valid, but his about toddlers being discussed so often are not valid?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    $10 DLC
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif