March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Attention Established Entrants for #BnS31 - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 33 Coy Christmas Comes Home
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Wishing Well Cottage
    LOT COST: I chose Havisham House in Windenberg which cost 17,204
    BUILD COST: Plus up to 30,000 to renovate
    TOTAL COST: 46,652
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/PbtCi
    ENTRY DETAILS: Renovated Tudor style cottage with contemporary, but not too modern, interiors. Fully landscaped with pergola for relaxing or dining and shady nook for art.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/38314A61A4F211E5843767DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

0E7fdaV.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Novice
    LOT: Small Cosy Tudor
    LOT COST: I chose Rustic Retreat in Windenberg which cost 16,915
    TOTAL COST: 45,790

GALLERY LINK :https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D22AB91CA54011E5850867DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Coy Christmas

ENTRY DETAILS: I renovated a Tudor Style starter house in Windenberg, added some landscaping, a natural pool and also decorated the living room to make it more Chrismassy.

12-18-15_33027nbspPM_zps8v5flsbx.png
    12-18-15_32623nbspPM_zpsxbind7gz.png12-18-15_32939nbspPM_zpsxc6oygox.png
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Cozy Retreat
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9ECFE967A96C11E58C0067DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS33&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 16,915
    Casa%252520base.png
    TOTAL COST: 46,902
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/CozyRetreat?authkey=Gv1sRgCO37547_vPi_Hw
    ENTRY DETAILS: I renovated a Tudor Style starter house in Windenberg, added landscaping, I remodeled the roofs and added a porch. Inside it´s furnished and decorated in a modern style, but not too modern. I used red and brown colors for the living, the dining, kitchen and entrance, that are in an open layout, because red looks more Christmasy to me. For the bedrooms and baths I used teal and brown, that are more relaxing colors. I tryied to use the same colors in all the interiors, but I really didn´t like. I put curtains this time !! ;)

23-12-2015_12-22-25.png

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Beautiful and cozy homes @masajo and @popettypop2012 :smile:

Merry Christmas to you all <3
    It's Christmas Eve! And the end of challenge #BnS33. Good luck to everyone who entered!

And a Very Merry Christmas time for all of us here at @BuildnShare
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited December 2015
    #34 - A Curtis New Year

As you make your way through the snow-covered streets to your office, you wonder what on earth you were thinking, agreeing to meet a client on Christmas Eve. You wonder idly what Rose is up to today, as the client in question has more than an idle interest in your secretary, thus the enforced day off. As you round the corner, you spy your office, nestled in the snow, the scene feels incredibly picturesque.

As you approach the front door, you hear Christmas music, laughter, a deep baritone voice and what sounds like Rose.

“I must be losing it.” You think to yourself.

Looking through the window of the door, you decide that this must be some kind of dream, or possibly a nightmare. The place is covered in fake snow, decorations and under a piece of mistletoe, prominently placed above your secretary’s desk, you see your client and your secretary embraced in what seems to be a very passionate kiss. Taking a deep breath and fortify yourself and open the door. The bell over the door rings and Rose jumps, looking awkwardly towards the door, looking like a teenager being caught by her parents.

“Ah, the architect arrives.” Says the baritone voice.

“Mr Curtis,” You say as you cannot even begin to make your brain think of any more words.

“How many times do I have to ask you to call me Doug?”

Apologising, you look to Rose, who is still in the arms of your most influential client. Clearing her throat, she untangles herself from the arms of Oasis Springs ultimate bachelor.

“Mr Curtis, asked that I come in early to help him with the decorations. He wanted to surprise you with a festive scene on your arrival.”

“Well, he certainly managed that,” You say under in a whisper.

“Doug, this is most definitely a surprise.” As you take in the transformation of your office waiting room. It looks a little like a sleigh ride in the snow, and you realise that was exactly what he was trying to achieve, although, you have your doubts as to who it was meant for.

“I’ll get some coffee while you two talk business.”

“Thanks, Rose,” You say drily.

Opening the door to your office, which is still, astonishingly, as you left, you are left in no doubt who the scene in the foyer was for.

“Doug, please, take a seat.”

Obliging he perches on the edge of your desk.

“Merry Christmas,” He says, with an arched eyebrow and a very cocky look.

“And to you. Now how can we be of service to you?” Wincing, you rephrase.

“What can I help you with today?”

“Well, it’s nearly New Year, and as you know, being a founding member of the community, I always like to throw a big bash for all the inhabitants of our fair town.”

“Yes, I believe that was part of the brief when we built your home, that it be able to hold parties.”

“Of course, but this year I want to go bigger and better. I would like you to build the town a new night spot, somewhere for people to Get Together and celebrate, first and foremost the New Year, but of course, it would also be a business venture for myself, so it would have to remain profitable throughout the year. Somewhere to hold a book club, or a wedding party, a multipurpose venue.”

You look at your client.

“Of course, do you have any style in mind?”

“Something tasteful, not too classic, nor too modern. Of course, the budget is no problem. I want this to be a place where everyone feels welcome. Nothing too large or foreboding, maybe something on a 40x30 lot?” You have a feeling he is talking to himself rather than to you.

There is a timid knock on your office door and Rose enters carrying a tray with two cups of cappuccinos.

You give her an inquisitive look as she hands you yours and she responds by blushing and looking surreptitiously at Doug. Doug merely beams in her direction. And you wonder what on earth could have prompted such a change of heart from your stalwart friend.

“I think we are pretty much done here,” He says as he puts his untouched coffee down on the table. “The venue, will, of course, need to be completed for New Year’s Eve. And I expect to see you both at the party.”

With that, he gives Rose a peck on the cheek and saunters out of the room. The bell over the outer door tinkles and you give Rose a bemused look. She looks back at you, utterly helpless and then bursts into laughter, so contagious that you can’t help joining her. As you wipe your eyes from the tears streaming down your face you set your mind to the mammoth task ahead of you.

“It’s a good job I didn’t have anything planned for the Holidays,” You say to yourself as Rose closes the door behind her.

Brief
    40x30 lot in the town of your choice
    A multipurpose venue / hangout
    Not too modern, not too classic
    Unlimited Budget

Sim Challenge
    Take yourself, Rose and Doug, to the masquerade ball for New Years. Show yourselves enjoying the party. (You may wish to peruse the archives for some of Doug’s previous challenges.)
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'd like to enter this challenge, but I can't seem to find any 40x40 lots in any of the towns. What am I missing? Thanks.
    StSciurus wrote: »
    I'd like to enter this challenge, but I can't seem to find any 40x40 lots in any of the towns. What am I missing? Thanks.
    Apologies, this should have read 40x30, I will update the main thread now.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yay! Douglas Curtis is back! Can't wait to do this one! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Cressi1990Cressi1990 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm just waiting on cars and nannies to pop up on the sims 4
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS33 - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Wishing everyone here a very happy new year, from all of us at @BuildnShare :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 34 A CURTIS NEW YEAR
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Explorers' Club
    LOT COST: §3,000
    BUILD COST: §370,293
    TOTAL COST: §373,293
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: issuu.com/scoiattolo/docs/bns34 (My apologies! I have had to eliminate the header for the link, because I haven't been on the forum long enough to post comments with links!)

ENTRY DETAILS: Since Douglas Curtis III is an archaeologist and adventurer, he might be right at home in a London-style gentlemen's club. Of course, being Doug Curtis, the venue is open to all, although it would be a perfect club hangout. The multi-use venue has a café, indoor/outdoor pool, wedding patio, game room, music salon, library and underground disco and catering kitchen. There are many collectables displayed throughout the 3-level building!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please. Although I used to build quite a bit in Sims 3, I am still relatively new to Sims 4 and have yet to learn all the ins and outs of Build Mode.
    Post edited by StSciurus on
    CHALLENGE #: 34 A Curtis New Year
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Novice
    LOT: Curtis' Wedding Venue
    LOT COST: I chose The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    TOTAL COST: 168.918

GALLERY LINK :https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DE047ECCB42011E58F4A95621DDA1796?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Curtis Wedding Venue

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to build a nice wedding venue with a honeymoon suite upstairs for the new couple to rest after a busy day. Curtis will have plenty of things to do for his New Year's Eve party in this venue. He could dance, have drinks at the bar and swim outside.

Space for pictures:

01-06-16_1-33-22nbspPM_zpsxxv27avt.png

01-06-16_1-34-03nbspPM_zpsdcf4avwp.png
    A very well-thought-out venue, @popettypop2012! What a great idea to include a honeymoon suite!
    @StSciurus thank you:)
    It's time to bring #34 to a close. Keep your eyes open for the first challenge of 2016.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #35 - We Have A Plan

Feeling refreshed after your new year break and proud of your all you achieved in 2015 you sit at your desk with a cup of green tea and some rice cakes. All that celebrating over the festive period has meant that you are in serious need of a detox.

Rose knocks on the door.

“Come on in Rose,” you say. She enters and gives you a slightly wary look. Struggling to stifle your giggles, as you remember her and your previous client under the mistletoe at the New Year’s Eve party, you give her your most professional smile and ask her what she needs.

“Well, I was just wondering if you were ready for your next clients.”

“I have clients booked in this morning?” You ask surprised. When you checked your diary on New Year’s Eve the week was free.

“Yes, they emailed last week, I did forward it onto you didn’t I?”

You quickly do a scan of your emails, you spy no emails from Rose, but considering the whirlwind of her first week of 2016 you decide to give her a reprieve.

“Nope, no email, but not to worry. Show them in.”

Rose ushers your new clients into your office, a man, of about 30, with short blonde hair, blue eyes and a goatee, and a woman of around the same age with fiery long red hair and hazel coloured eyes. They politely decline Rose’s offer of refreshments. Making a hasty exit, Rose closes the door behind her.

“Hi there,” you say with a welcoming smile.

“How can we help you today?”

“Well, we were assured that you were the architect to come to for a special project. My name is Ned and this is my wife Edna. We are new to the area and are looking for a place to call our own.”

“I’m sure that I can help you with that,” You say brightly.

“We have a slightly odd request, though, and have been turned down by a number of different architects,” Edna says with an impish grin.

“We don’t know what sort of house we want,” she continues.

“No idea at all,” Ned chimes in.

“We have an idea of the shape of the place, but no clue as to what style it should be.”

“Well, that is a new one for me!” You say, slightly flummoxed.

“But you don’t seem overly concerned?” this, from Edna.

“Nope, we often get people who are a little unsure of which direction they should take their build in, and they have all been happy with what we have designed for them.”

“I told you we would find someone,” Edna says to her husband.

“I will need some details, such as how many bedrooms, if you need an office, space for a car, that sort of thing.”

“We were looking for 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, a dine-in kitchen, not a formal dining area. A music room would be nice, although, I guess we could incorporate that into one of the bedrooms for now, as we don’t have children yet.” Edna seems incredibly excited, as she talks almost without pause.

“Ned owns a store in the next town over, and I’m an elementary school teacher, so I guess an office would be good, hey honey?”

Her husband just nods.

“Did you want one or two storeys?” you ask, racking your brains to try and find out as much information as you can about what they do know that they want.

“We don’t know,” they say as one and giggle.

“We would like somewhere to park the wagon though,” says Edna.

“Ok, that sounds good. So, you said you knew the shape of the home?” You ask.

“Yep, we have a footprint, but that is all.”

“One last thing, the budget?”

“Of course, we have some simoleons from the sale of our previous homes, my studio and Ned’s house. We can go as far as $125,000.”

“Okelydokely then!” You have no idea where that came from.

You rise to your feet as they get up to leave.

“We’ll have the place ready for you in a fortnight, sound good to you?”

“Perfect,” they say, once more in unison.

Brief:
    Download this footprint from the gallery and do your thing, the style and layout is completely up to you.
    Budget of $125k
    3 bedrooms
    2.5 bathrooms
    Dine in kitchen
    Somewhere to park a car

Notes: You can not add to the footprint, however, the use of the footprint is entirely up to you. You can designate part of the footprint to be outdoor space. You may add storeys if you wish.

Sim Challenge: Create Ned and Edna. Ned is cheerful and neat, Edna is childish and family oriented, the other trait and their aspirations are up to you.

Room Challenge: Create the dine in kitchen, you must still use the floor plan for this and you have a budget of $25k.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > Notes: You can not add to the footprint, however, the use of the footprint is entirely up to you. You can designate part of the footprint to be outdoor space. You may add storeys if you wish.

Question: can the footprint be shifted within the lot to a different location? Thanks!
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #31 FALL DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

Apologies for the delay in getting these back to you, but the results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > Notes: You can not add to the footprint, however, the use of the footprint is entirely up to you. You can designate part of the footprint to be outdoor space. You may add storeys if you wish.

Question: can the footprint be shifted within the lot to a different location? Thanks!

@StSciurus - Nope, the footprint must stay where it is!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #33 Coy Christmas Comes Home

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2016
    Another question (I hope not a stupid one!): does the footprint need to include space for the car, or can that be outside the footprint?
    Post edited by StSciurus on
    Another question (I hope not a stupid one!): does the footprint need to include space for the car, or can that be outside the footprint?

@StSciurus - the space for the car should be outside of the footprint unless you are building a garage, in which case it needs to be within the footprint. Hope that makes sense.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top