Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else find it creepy ...?

I have finally done with playing with immortal YA sims . So I started a family with a kid. The kid made a lot of good friends through club and then suddenly he has a birthday party and grew into a teen, while all his good friends are still little kids in the party ! It is so creepy !!!

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It's always been creepy imo. Which is why I think a pre-teen stage won't make it so awkward.

I want 12 year olds!
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I don't think it's creepy at all. It's down to your personal thoughts if you find it creepy, in my opinion.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Now your teen has his own army of kids to cause mayhem. Hmm, that's actually a pretty cool idea >:)
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Now your teen has his own army of kids to cause mayhem. Hmm, that's actually a pretty cool idea >:)

Ugh... It's Little Lamplight all over again....
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't find it creepy since the monkey around interaction looks cuter now that of them is bigger xD
    (I was also that guy that had an easier time befriending children than people their age too) :#
    You can always age up their friends too with the cake :)
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    the problem I have is the teen looks so much like YA / A ..... i don't feel like he is a teen a all!
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I've never thought of it as creepy before. He aged up and they didn't. I either age up the friends too, or leave them the same age and make new teen friends. (or ya+ friends when they age up to that). Never really thought of it past that lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I dont think this is creepy or anything. To avoid all this all you need to do is turn aging on and off for unplayable sims so that they wont age faster or slower than your sims.

I play one rotation with all the houses keep the aging off for townies then for the next rotation on and so on. it balances quite well with my playable sims so I have sims and their friends in the same life stage.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Nah, it's fine. My sim runs a daycare so most of her friends are kids. She only has 3 adult friends lol.
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    Nah, it's fine. My sim runs a daycare so most of her friends are kids. She only has 3 adult friends lol.

Then you should introduce her to my sim, James. He really likes kids, and he's very playful.

And yes, there should be more ages: Preschooler (4 years old), Preteen (10) and Mature (50).
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member

I would love to know how you set up a daycare in your game?! Sounds like a fun idea!!

• Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    I dont think its creepy. I would though like an option to choose if i want to age any of my child sims friends into teens too. Im sure in either 2 or 3 you could do that?
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2016
    I dont think its creepy. I would though like an option to choose if i want to age any of my child sims friends into teens too. Im sure in either 2 or 3 you could do that?

For some reason I can't remember atm if you can in Sims 3, but I know you can for sure in sims 2. Even without that though if the OP (or any player) wanted, you can age sims up while not playing them. Just add candles to a cake, click "age up sim" and as long as they're on the current lot you can age them up. Doesn't matter if they're townies or anything.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    I don't necessarily find it creepy but what I really get annoyed with is when your child sim is best friends with another child and you plan that they date when they are both teens. However either your child or the other ages up earlier and the relationship is not so cute anymore.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016

You could in TS2, came with Free Time. In TS3 it was all about story progression, you would get notified when a sim friend aged up, in TS4 you do not get any sort of notification I believe, unless if they invite you to their birthday which is awesome though I never was LOL.

In TS4 it gets really creepy because kids are very far away, age wise, from the teens we have, just like kids have a huge gap between the baby lifestage, it gets both weird and awkward when they age up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    rjhenn14 wrote: »

I would love to know how you set up a daycare in your game?! Sounds like a fun idea!!

I made a club, 1 adult 7 children. They meet at my sims residence which is set up like a day care.
    If you like, you can also make it a park, and set multiple daycare clubs to hang out there.

Some screenies:
    LLHjnp5.jpg
    OuHvnQf.jpg
    9I4dY2S.jpg
    qpVw2U5.jpg
    pRVGKcx.jpg
    3ZGkUP0.jpg
    ng1P4fR.jpg
    uXgkXjX.jpg
    8VS9qe2.jpg
    yTIKfbU.jpg

If you want a copy of my daycare it's on the gallery, though it has no cc, it's bugged so make sure you check cc, and search under #ponder. :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I made a club, 1 adult 7 children. They meet at my sims residence which is set up like a day care.
    If you like, you can also make it a park, and set multiple daycare clubs to hang out there.

Some screenies:
    LLHjnp5.jpg
    OuHvnQf.jpg
    9I4dY2S.jpg
    qpVw2U5.jpg
    pRVGKcx.jpg
    3ZGkUP0.jpg
    ng1P4fR.jpg
    uXgkXjX.jpg
    8VS9qe2.jpg
    yTIKfbU.jpg

If you want a copy of my daycare it's on the gallery, though it has no cc, it's bugged so make sure you check cc, and search under #ponder. :)

Ok first, one adult seven kids snow white much? XD

Second, THOSE ICE CREAM CONES LOOK HUGE IN THE CHILDREN'S HAND LOL!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Some screenies:
    LLHjnp5.jpg
    OuHvnQf.jpg
    9I4dY2S.jpg
    qpVw2U5.jpg
    pRVGKcx.jpg
    3ZGkUP0.jpg
    ng1P4fR.jpg
    uXgkXjX.jpg
    8VS9qe2.jpg
    yTIKfbU.jpg

Ok first, one adult seven kids snow white much? XD

Second, THOSE ICE CREAM CONES LOOK HUGE IN THE CHILDREN'S HAND LOL!

Hungry? Here have a gallon of ice cream little one. Huh? Your teeth hurt now?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited January 2016

Some screenies:
    LLHjnp5.jpg
    OuHvnQf.jpg
    9I4dY2S.jpg
    qpVw2U5.jpg
    pRVGKcx.jpg
    3ZGkUP0.jpg
    ng1P4fR.jpg
    uXgkXjX.jpg
    8VS9qe2.jpg
    yTIKfbU.jpg

Those kids are all so cute. :)
    I feel like I am missing out, but I still refuse to turn on aging and have my sims have kids until we get toddlers and pre-teens. I just don't like the age stage leaps in this game, and teens look way too old. I aged up a teen in this game and his young adult self looked exactly like his teen self.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2016

Stick more candles on the cake at the party, before it gets eaten, and age them up. You can age up anyone on the lot.

Or just do a cas.fulleditmode and pop into Manage Households.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    YES! very much. Thats why we need gradual aging
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't find it creepy, but it can obviously ruin the game play
    21mbz47.jpg
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited January 2016
    I've never thought of it as creepy, but it would be cool if I could delete a relationship with someone. Like if my teen ages up, he can make new teen friends and delete his child friends because people grow apart.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Every teen needs minions. >:)

MINIONS!!!
    despicable-me-funny-gif-minions-Favim.com-235169.gif

And no, lol, I don't find it creepy. I've played since TS1 and am totally desensitized to the instant age transitions. lol I do think pre-teens would be a really nice addition at some point, though!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg