Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a child in TS4 means saying goodbye to night life...

13...Next

Comments

• AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    As soon as they return from school, off to do their homework they go. Taking too long? Send the parent to help. If the parent/s have a job and finish work before the kids return home from school or it's their off day/vacation day, send them to do activities you're wanting to do in daylight at those times, eg. the spa. I understand the dilemma when your Sim gets an invitation to go out though, so in that case I just make the child wake up early the next morning and complete their homework before school.

An alternative, though not ideal, is to have the kids have a "sick" day, so they won't receive homework for that day, and send your Sim out partying that night with no homework left at home to worry about.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Ugh, who wants a baby in this game?! I'll wait for that when EA fixes the missing lifestage issue :unamused:

Anyway, the title of this thread sounds like at least here TS4 got life simulation right! I like that the sims can't just have babies and forget about them. They can't do that in TS2 either.
    A child is not necessarily a baby, babies don't do homework. And I don't quite understand what you mean anyway, because you can't forget about babies in Sims 3 either can you? You have to hire a babysitter. And if you forget about the infant they start yelling and screaming till you do something about it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    kinot9229 wrote: »
    It's a little bit like the real life.
    My sims couple have to say goodbye to their night life after their 1st child was born.
    Because if they(or one of them) are not at home in the night, their children will not do their homework by themselves at all. :o
    Every time their sim friends call them to hang out in a pub or something, what they can only do is to cancel it. :/
    They are kind of being stuck by their child.
    Do anyone have the same feeling with me?

And the problem is sometime I just want to make my female sim go to spa to have a sauna, yoga something.
    She can absolutely leave her husband with the children at home, right?
    But the truth is that even her husband is at home, he can't do things like taking care of children, helping children with their homework etc...

I don't see why. I don't play kids to skill or get As or fill aspirations. It won't matter anyway when they turn to teens. So, let them be kids and go out. You know longer need a nanny, or a babysitter so you can afford a few days of fun with the adults. Or you can send the kid to the park to socialize with someone while you live it up at the Bluffs or somewhere. The game takes care of your Sims while you are away. They will not die of hunger so don't worry about it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think that true! Once you have a child you have to sacrifice some things.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I think that true! Once you have a child you have to sacrifice some things.

Yeah, I think so.
    But if the simguru can make some improvements, our sim parents can enjoy their lives with kids happier. :)
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I don't think it means saying no to your night life. In my msot played households, the kids have their grandparents stay home with them when my main couple wants to go out with each other or friends. I make sure they finish their homework the second they come home from school though, and I use the faster homework mod to free my kids from spending most of the night on homework while still maintaining a good grade.

I always just use the power of imagination if my sims are up at four in the morning when I get home. Grandma and Grandpa were spoiling the kids with sweets, like cupcakes. And then couldn't get them to sleep. This is also why I tend to make Friday night date night XD. At least if the kids are up late it's not a school night, so who cares?
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • praisespraises Posts: 66 Member
    > @Unordinary25 said:
    > They need to add nannys back because my couple has two different time schedules for their jobs because when they had their first baby, my male sim had to keep taking off work, even after his family leave, his wife refused to stay home after she had the baby due to her rushing out of the house to go to work before I knew it, she gets promotion anxiety. Lol My sims even desire to go to the lounges but I don't let them because now that their daughter is a child, it doesn't seem right leaving a child home alone until they become teens.

Actually, you don't really need to take off work to care for your kids. As soon as there's nobody left at home to look after them, a notification will appear that your babies were taken to daycare. They return to your household as soon as an adult comes home.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Just want to say:I don't like playing game in a particular established mode.
    This game should be more flexible and give us more rights to control our sims' lives. Just like TS3.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This game should be more flexible and give us more rights to control our sims' lives. Just like TS3.

That's not going to happen. Away commands rarely work as we all know. And as far as 'options' no, they will just turn down a feature to zero (like alien pregnancy) instead of giving us a slider to have a few, some, never, etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

That's not going to happen. Away commands rarely work as we all know. And as far as 'options' no, they will just turn down a feature to zero (like alien pregnancy) instead of giving us a slider to have a few, some, never, etc.

My away commands work. They just don't include "do homework" or "do a work task". I've wanted those options all along. Still hoping that they'll get around to expanding away commands at some point. There was active conversation with a SimGuru about it here but that was just over a year ago, so it's not much hope.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Life has choice..... A sims life is no difference,but sims life is a bit easy with cheats code.
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    I've made little childrens rooms in all my nightclubs and I make them do their homework and go to sleep, etc. It's obviously not at all realistic, and I'd rather be able to leave them at home without awful grades, but it works for now.

Yes that's the best way to do it, pretend the children's room is a child care center. Add some child skill objects too. I like putting my night clubs in neighborhoods that have the kids play grounds too.