Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Idea for Making Sims

I was thinking, if you're not very good at making sims, wouldn't it be cool to have an app or something in the game, maybe it could come with an expansion, some kind of facial recognition software that could be used to make a sim for you that looked exactly like it. You could upload a photo of a celebrity or friend or someone and it would look like them instantly without having to do it yourself. I have trouble making sims so this could be interesting. What do you think?

Comments

• 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    A few people had suggested that right when TS4 came out. It would be awesome, but it has a lot to do with the type of technology its designed on, would it work with the engine that TS4 is designed off of, and how much money would it cost in order to make it a reality. I would love to have such a program as that, but I doubt it would be a reality in TS4. Perhaps in future series of the franchise like TS5 or TS6- that is if we get to a Sims 5 or Sims 6. Good idea though.
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, I would love it :) you do have to think of the technical aspects like you said though...the cost and all that, software compatibility...I really hope we get a new Sims game in a few years.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    A series within the franchise itself usually sticks around 4 to 6 years. If there is a Sims 5 in the works it'll most likely be the year 2020 when TS5 comes out, or whatever name they decide to call it.
  • 487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    I can't believe we'll have to wait that long for a new game. The sims better look fabulous!
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    I can't believe we'll have to wait that long for a new game. The sims better look fabulous!

As for me, I'm satisfied of what your sims can look like since The Sims 3. The Sims 4 did even better, ofcourse, but The Sims 3 was good enough for me.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Question is, how would a 2 Dimentional picture work for a 3 Dimentional Sim's face? How would it tell the depth of a face from the front/sides/angle?