Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    lilacksb wrote: »
    Just seen already posted

ap to Portuguese

South south !

Your Sims would like to invite friends over to watch a movie but think gather everyone around a small television would not be so much fun?

Well, we took care of it with the newest Stuff The Sims 4 Night Film ! Your Sims will be able to enjoy movies on the big screen in their own living room with the new Projection Screen ! And no movie night is complete without popcorn , then do a bit for your Sims cover butter, cheddar or sugary sweetness .

Your Sims like a more relaxed lifestyle? Then they will love the new bohemian -chic fashion , perfect for hanging out with friends during the day or spend time at home in the afternoon. Want to add a color touch to a room without grace ? Enjoy a completely new collection of bright decorations and decorative lights

Why no theater venue to go with it?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Aww, the only thing I don't like is "in their own living room" :( No cinema venue then?

Could you use the items to make a cinema venue? Some players did some creative looking theaters with the existing big screen TV (Tech Guru career reward) blown up really big with the enlarge item cheat, and a bunch of love seats in rows. A lot of players have been asking for more home-based activities that don't revolve around parties, and this sounds like fitting that bill.

I'm just wondering how they keep the movies from getting "stale" -- the same movie over and over again. Can't really see much replay value in the movies, but might be worth building a basement Media Room in some of my larger houses. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Aww, the only thing I don't like is "in their own living room" :( No cinema venue then?

You can place it on a public lot and use the group feature to watch the movie together
    Sadly that's still not a real venue.

I would have loved to make a cinema/cafe or just a snack bar for popcorn and candy. Pretty bummed out right now.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    I think this will be a fun one to have in the Sims 4 :) It will certainly give my Sims something better to do of an evening instead of just sitting indoors and watching the TV :)

What I'm hoping for most is if we can make home cinemas for our Sims, I think that would be awesome if we could do that :)

Matthew.

I doubt we could do that. It seems like it's a stuff pack, so not a lot of interaction aside from watching a movie and making popcorn.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    To be honest, there are more exciting things for our sims to do than to watch a huge tv screen. I think cinemas might work just fine as a stuff pack.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    This could have worked better if it were a game pack instead...
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm. I think a new venue would be too to much for a stuffpack focusing on, well, stuff. If it was a gamepack without a venue it would be a different thing. Interesting, will be fun to see what kind of movies they are showing. Really liked the Spooky SP, will be fun to see what is included. Don't know if it's my thing yet.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Your Sims would like to invite friends over to watch a movie but think gather everyone around a small television would not be so much fun?
    Well, we took care of it with the newest Stuff The Sims 4 Night Film! Your Sims will be able to enjoy movies on the big screen in their own living room with the new Projection Screen! And no movie night is complete without popcorn, then do a bit for your Sims cover butter, cheddar or sugary sweetness.
    Your Sims like a more relaxed lifestyle? Then they will love the new bohemian-chic fashion, perfect for hanging out with friends during the day or spend time at home in the afternoon. Want to add a color touch to a room without grace? Enjoy a completely new collection of bright decorations and decorative lights.

So I guess the popcorn maker and tv is the pc.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Spooky Stuff's trailer was out on the same day as it was announced, so we might get the trailer for it in like 20 minitues.

I hope so.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2016

You can place it on a public lot and use the group feature to watch the movie together

Yeah, I could, but I want the venue type that would make the sims act like they were going to see a movie. As is, I already have a community lot "cinema" in my town, but it has to be marked as a bar or whatever. Basically, I wish this was going to be like the cinema mod, but not a mod. :\
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    A Cinema venue would be to much for a stuff pack and not enough for a gamepack
    Sennie wrote: »
    I think this will be a fun one to have in the Sims 4 :) It will certainly give my Sims something better to do of an evening instead of just sitting indoors and watching the TV :)

What I'm hoping for most is if we can make home cinemas for our Sims, I think that would be awesome if we could do that :)

Matthew.

I doubt we could do that. It seems like it's a stuff pack, so not a lot of interaction aside from watching a movie and making popcorn.

Maybe a tie-in with a planned Superstar-type EP or GP, where your Sim can make movies then if you have Movie Stuff you can show them on your screen? Not sure if that's feasible but that would be cool -- sort of like we had the "home movies" in Generations.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    People being negative and it hasn't even been announced yet! Yay!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Well, we took care of it with the newest Stuff The Sims 4 Night Film! Your Sims will be able to enjoy movies on the big screen in their own living room with the new Projection Screen! And no movie night is complete without popcorn, then do a bit for your Sims cover butter, cheddar or sugary sweetness.
    Your Sims like a more relaxed lifestyle? Then they will love the new bohemian-chic fashion, perfect for hanging out with friends during the day or spend time at home in the afternoon. Want to add a color touch to a room without grace? Enjoy a completely new collection of bright decorations and decorative lights.

Is it me but does this seem rather random grouping of stuff, big tv plus bohemian style fashions and new lights :D

I wish they would just make a store these just don't seem like flushed out stuff pack themes
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    You know, this could be cool. Like, new interactions while watching a movie. Hold hands, place arm around chair, kiss the top of head.

Not that I expect new animations like that. But it would be kind of awesome if they added them. They could be both romantic and friendly depending on who the target is. (have they ever had interactions that could be friendly or romantic?)
    A Cinema venue would be to much for a stuff pack and not enough for a gamepack

They could tie a cinema venue to The Find Love Gamepack.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I really like the home cinema concept, more things to do at home, with the whole family ! Watching TV is boring at the moment, really looking forward to spicy it up a bit. And popcorn !!!
  • blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    I actually think this sounds pretty good for a stuff pack. I was just wishing they had popcorn the other day. I can't wait for an official announcement.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    wait what
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Is it me but does this seem rather random grouping of stuff, big tv plus bohemian style fashions and new lights :D

I wish they would just make a store these just don't seem like flushed out stuff pack themes

I would buy it for the bohemian style alone!
  • geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    Is this real?!
    ceejay402 wrote: »

Depends what they do with the movies -- if there's a way to get different movies (maybe included in the monthly patches) to keep the stuff from going "stale"), could definitely work. Also wonder what they mean by "bohemian" -- we could use a few more jeans styles so that would be cool. I really want the popcorn machine though for my bars and arcades. B)
    Trailer has been confirmed on twitter to be coming out in less then an hour.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I really like the home cinema concept, more things to do at home, with the whole family ! Watching TV is boring at the moment, really looking forward to spicy it up a bit. And popcorn !!!

Yeah but I think it will just be a bigger tv. I doubt there will be new interactions and gameplay around watching your Sims watching TV. It's a stuffpack, not a gamepack.
  • blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Trailer has been confirmed on twitter to be coming out in less then an hour.

Yay!!!!