Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Movie Crossover Stuff Packs?

I'm curious? How would you guys feel about movie crossover content? Not like full blown EP or GPs but let's say stuff packs? I know how much I would love an Avengers crossover stuff pack with all of the superhero costumes included in the pack! I know this probably won't happen but I am curious what you think and what movies you would like to see?

Comments

• toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    It would be cool if they made a Star Wars or Star Trek EP, being able to create sci-fi homes on sci-fi planets, Klingon-like sims and all.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes, please :)

Oh, which kinds:

What @toddlercuddler91 says, and also Avengers like you, @MrSimmis, and other Marvel. Also, anything Disney. And if anyone can get through the Tolkien estate's tangled web, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. (resists picking and choosing which movie bits are okay here and which should never have existed)

I'd really like to see female Sims get just as many costume options as male Sims, and never only sexy ones.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Personally, I wouldn't. I am seeing that stuff crossover into virtually all other forms of media. I don't want it in my game as well. I'm already bored of the current Star Wars hype.

I'd much rather development effort be put into adding extra depth to what we already have and creating of new layers of mechanics such as groups and concepts like the clubs introduced in GT.

Also, anything like this is likely to carry a hefty licensing fee taking more budget away from the creation of original content.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • whtrbtwhtrbt Posts: 1,927 Member
    This is very expensive as @ModerateOsprey says and would not interest me in the slightest.
  • lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    Yes. As always, a Harry Potter GP or EP (not the point of the thread, but...). For stuff packs, I don't know... Kitchen Sutff based on Nancy Meyers movies? lol
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    So long as they don't forget the kids and that they could play dress-up with them :)

superhero-2.jpg
    I know my earlier post was packed with negativity, so I thought I'd try and redress that a bit :)

Supernaturals, aliens, superheros, etc wouldn't be my first choice of things to add to the game, but I can certainly see the attraction and why people like it, so I have no problem with the idea in principle.

My main objection is the cross branding. I like the original content of the sims games, the simlish language etc.

I'd certainly welcome more science fiction and fantasy themed content, but I'd rather create my own fairies, rather than being forced to use Tinkerbell. Again, I'd rather create my own witches, wizards and warlocks. I don't want Steve Jackson's Gandalf.

For superheros, I could go with the 'Super Llama Protectors' - OK, rubbish name, but I hope you get the idea :)

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I know my earlier post was packed with negativity, so I thought I'd try and redress that a bit :)

Supernaturals, aliens, superheros, etc wouldn't be my first choice of things to add to the game, but I can certainly see the attraction and why people like it, so I have no problem with the idea in principle.

My main objection is the cross branding. I like the original content of the sims games, the simlish language etc.

I'd certainly welcome more science fiction and fantasy themed content, but I'd rather create my own fairies, rather than being forced to use Tinkerbell. Again, I'd rather create my own witches, wizards and warlocks. I don't want Steve Jackson's Gandalf.

For superheros, I could go with the 'Super Llama Protectors' - OK, rubbish name, but I hope you get the idea :)

I see your point and of course you wouldn't actually have to buy the pack because it is optional of course! It's just here for the people who want it like all the packs.
    edited January 2016
    MrSimmis wrote: »

I see your point and of course you wouldn't actually have to buy the pack because it is optional of course! It's just here for the people who want it like all the packs.

My main argument is that if they, say, create a Star Wars pack, then that pack will only be of interest to Star Wars fans. Next pack is Harry Potter, so we can get them fans as well and so on. In time, you basically have the sims being a giant advert for other media franchises at the cost of content that is unique to the Sims world.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member

My main argument is that if they, say, create a Star Wars pack, then that pack will only be of interest to Star Wars fans. Next pack is Harry Potter, so we can get them fans as well and so on. In time, you basically have the sims being a giant advert for other media franchises at the cost of content that is unique to the Sims world.

Oh I didn't mean make it a constant thing, I just meant 1 or 2 packs. I don't want it to become a trend.
    edited January 2016

Oh I didn't mean make it a constant thing, I just meant 1 or 2 packs. I don't want it to become a trend.

Then you you and I will have to fight over the content 'cause i want a Brontes themed pack :grin: which probably wouldn't be overly popular, I'll grant you.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd love a Disney costume pack for the kids. Complete with peter pan outfits and all the princesses.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Then you you and I will have to fight over the content 'cause i want a Brontes themed pack :grin: which probably wouldn't be overly popular, I'll grant you.

I suspect you'd have more support for that than you think. People frequently ask about getting some historical type content, being able to remove cell phones, etc. An historical pack would likely be very popular.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper