Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carnival / Theme Park Game Pack?

Does anyone want a Carnival / Theme Park themed Game Pack?

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1_zpsng1d3nux.jpg

Here's some of my ideas - feel free to add your own
  • Vacation Destination set up like Granite Falls. Each lot within the neighborhood could have a specific set of activities.
  • Ferris Wheel (think of how big you can make it with the sizing cheat)
  • Merry Go Round
  • Mascots could function like those Bears from Granite falls (if not sillier - some can be friendly while others can be rotten). Marky Sharky, Tragic Clown, Cow Mascot etc.
  • Haunted House
  • New Foods (Corn Dogs, Popcorn and Cotton Candy etc)
  • Balloons (Since Sims are all about Multitasking this time around why not have them walk about with balloons in their hands)
  • Supernatural Sim - Genie (you have a chance of winning a magic lamp or buying it with your festival tickets - if you get a big enough relationship score with it you can release the genie. It has powers to grant wishes and all the abilities of Sims 3 (summon dishes / make the house instantly clean / Banish sim / mind control sim) It's walk style is similar to that of a ghost but they fold their arms. Hybrid offspring.
  • Secret Lot - Genies Lamp? Once you unlock the genie from the lamp perhaps you can request that they give you a peek inside. Unique Collectibles and perhaps a potion or two.
  • Whacka-Sets and other Carnival games (pop balloons / knock over bottles etc)

What do you think?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love this :) I hadn't thought of how it would work with the Vacation system, but maybe if there were a "day pass" option? That's been requested anyway. And makes sense for an amusement park :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Does anyone want a Carnival / Theme Park themed Game Pack?

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1_zpsng1d3nux.jpg

Here's some of my ideas - feel free to add your own
    • Vacation Destination set up like Granite Falls. Each lot within the neighborhood could have a specific set of activities.
    • Ferris Wheel (think of how big you can make it with the sizing cheat)
    • Merry Go Round
    • Mascots could function like those Bears from Granite falls (if not sillier - some can be friendly while others can be rotten). Marky Sharky, Tragic Clown, Cow Mascot etc.
    • Haunted House
    • New Foods (Corn Dogs, Popcorn and Cotton Candy etc)
    • Balloons (Since Sims are all about Multitasking this time around why not have them walk about with balloons in their hands)
    • Supernatural Sim - Genie (you have a chance of winning a magic lamp or buying it with your festival tickets - if you get a big enough relationship score with it you can release the genie. It has powers to grant wishes and all the abilities of Sims 3 (summon dishes / make the house instantly clean / Banish sim / mind control sim) It's walk style is similar to that of a ghost but they fold their arms. Hybrid offspring.
    • Secret Lot - Genies Lamp? Once you unlock the genie from the lamp perhaps you can request that they give you a peek inside. Unique Collectibles and perhaps a potion or two.
    • Whacka-Sets and other Carnival games (pop balloons / knock over bottles etc)

What do you think?

Yes and roller coasters,kissing booths and dunking booths.
    Also bumper cars would be fun and Prehaps a gondola ride. I really loved the carousel from The TS3 Store with it s music and long ride. Hope it returns.
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    I totally want a theme park one. And a way to design your own rides alla Roller Coaster Tycoon (drawing go-karts, trains and roller coaster tracks)
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Yes please <3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    I totally want a theme park one. And a way to design your own rides alla Roller Coaster Tycoon (drawing go-karts, trains and roller coaster tracks)

Yes train rides.
    One of those houses you go in and it's got whacky mirrors and rotating tubes and stuff :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd love this :) I hadn't thought of how it would work with the Vacation system, but maybe if there were a "day pass" option? That's been requested anyway. And makes sense for an amusement park :)

Yeaaah awesome! A Day pass thing would be cool and maybe ever so often families can get discounts. Maybe if they search via the computer for deals and stuff.

Dunking booths would be so funny (I have a few sims in mind I'd like to dump)! These need to make an appearance.

Custom Go-kart tracks would be neat as well. Now I want to play Roller Coaster tycoon! lol
    Post edited by xoJessi on
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    There needs to be one of those tunnel of love things too. New woo-hoo spot?...lol. I really do like this idea, especially for a game pack.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Yeaaah awesome! A Day pass thing would be cool and maybe ever so often families can get discounts. Maybe if they search via the computer for deals and stuff.

Dunking booths would be so funny (I have a few sims in mind I'd like to dump)! These need to make an appearance.

Custom Go-kart tracks would be neat as well. No I want to play Roller Coaster tycoon! lol

Kissing booths would be fun too. They were in TS3.
    There needs to be one of those tunnel of love things too. New woo-hoo spot?...lol. I really do like this idea, especially for a game pack.

Ooohmy gosh yes! Tunnel of Love, super cute idea! It would be the perfect woohoo spot.

cb09140a3309a20317ee02dffb7f7d91_zpsvbkcepfq.jpg
    Kissing booths would be fun too. They were in TS3.

Yups. :blush: I hardly used them but I would love to see their return too.
    edited January 2016
    Ooooh. A guy who makes balloon animals!

(This is much more fun than adulting. Go adult some more, Luthien! Ugh.)
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    Ooohmy gosh yes! Tunnel of Love, super cute idea! It would be the perfect woohoo spot.

What if there were cameras inside the tunnels and your sims never knew? >:)
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    OMG yes! I love this.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

That's a great idea in addition to the day pass. Searching on line for deals! I've asked for a day pass before for GF and that it would load only the National Park lot for a day so families can go picnicing for a cheaper rate. They could do the same for a beach lot etc because not everyone rents a cabin to go to the beach or the park. It could be the same for this too.

One of the gurus said it was an interesting idea, but they never said anything more.

But deals online is great!

I really hope a carnival is a "thing" in sims 4. It would be so much better than the seasonal festival grounds.
  • Unordinary25Unordinary25 Posts: 24 Member
    This would be cool because these sims sure need something to do for fun besides standing around drinking, eating, talking, and getting over emotional.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Amazing idea! It will be so fun to watch our sims go through these parks. :) Especially the haunted house.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited January 2016
    This would be cool because these sims sure need something to do for fun besides standing around drinking, eating, talking, and getting over emotional.

I don't think we play the same game! Do you have any of the add-ons? Get Together in particular has a lot of fun activities Sims can do together. The base game's fun activities are mostly solo (though the Read to Children is a lovely new thing).

Anyway, I want this pack not because there's a lack of stuff to do but because I love fairs. :)
    edited January 2016

What if there were cameras inside the tunnels and your sims never knew? >:)

Or they did and did so anyways. Some sims don't mind rockin' out some public woo-hoo. ;D
    (This is much more fun than adulting. Go adult some more, Luthien! Ugh.)

@luthienrising I adulted once before. Never again...lol.

And with popcorn coming into the game (Hey the basics of the code are gonna be in that base game at some point, even if you need the new stuff pack) would be a good time for some carnival popcorn and food. Mmm...fair food.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Unordinary25Unordinary25 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2016
    [quote="luthienrising;14458814"][quote="Unordinary25;14457834"]This would be cool because these sims sure need something to do for fun besides standing around drinking, eating, talking, and getting over emotional. [/quote]

I don't think we play the same game! Do you have any of the add-ons? Get Together in particular has a [i]lot[/i] of fun activities Sims can do together. The base game's fun activities are mostly solo (though the Read to Children is a lovely new thing).

Anyway, I want this pack not because there's a lack of stuff to do but because I love fairs. :) [/quote]

Yes, I do play the sims 4, and no I don't have get together because I'm not really interested in that ep, and yes I know that sims can read to their children. What I am implying to is that all sim ages need more variety of activities, and Xoxk9's idea of a theme park would be something very exciting and interactive for this new generation of sims.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It seams silly to complain that there isn't enough to do if you're not buying all the packs. GT added the video arcade machine, the dartboard, the foosball game and the Llama game. No wonder your sims are bored.
  • Callie35Callie35 Posts: 34 Member
    That stuff is cool, but amusement park-level cool it ain't. This I want! A ton of stuff that could be potentially added, think everyone else already named pretty much everything.

One thing I think would be kinda' cool--but only tangentially related to this pack--would be like those kiddie rides you often see outside retail stores (like those coin-operated merry-go-rounds or rocket ships).
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Callie35 wrote: »
    That stuff is cool, but amusement park-level cool it ain't. This I want! A ton of stuff that could be potentially added, think everyone else already named pretty much everything.

One thing I think would be kinda' cool--but only tangentially related to this pack--would be like those kiddie rides you often see outside retail stores (like those coin-operated merry-go-rounds or rocket ships).

And if childish sims could ride them....
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I have a childish elder and imagining her riding one of those small coin-operated rides like a rocket ship while barely fitting the thing is hilarious. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Dannydanbo wrote: »

I have a childish elder and imagining her riding one of those small coin-operated rides like a rocket ship while barely fitting the thing is hilarious. :D

Ooohmigosh yes and fall off. Such a cute idea!

The roller coasters from Sims 1 Making Magic had a quirky sense of humor to them. I wouldn't mind if they mimicked that.

https://youtu.be/gMacsK_VIUw