Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Hello everyone!

Today we had a small update to the Origin Client for The Sims 3 that will enable the users who took part in our last Origin client update to now use the updated CAW tool.

I want to reiterate that this version of the CAW tool is ONLY for those who have downloaded the Origin update (that means that in order to use this version of the CAW tool you need to have the previous Origin Client updated PLUS the client update we released today otherwise this tool will not work for you.)

After you download the client update please visit this link to download the updated CAW tool: http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/ts3caw.exe

If you did NOT take part in the previous update and did not download the update today please use this version of the CAW tool:
thesims3.com/game/tools/world

We will be updating the tools page on TheSims3.com with this new CAW tool soon and will update this page once it has been.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I tried to download CAW but my computer says that it contains a virus ...
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

I have tested the download on my own computer and haven't had an issue. Could you take a screenshot of what your computer is showing?

I have tested the download on my own computer and haven't had an issue. Could you take a screenshot of what your computer is showing?

Sure! Just let me redownload it.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
    edited January 2016
    MeJGQJF.jpg
    RNZy50z.jpg

Do you have any idea what's going on?
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
    MeJGQJF.jpg
    RNZy50z.jpg

I have the team looking into this right now, not sure why it is doing that but I will update you as soon as I have more info :)
    MeJGQJF.jpg
    RNZy50z.jpg

I have the team looking into this right now, not sure why it is doing that but I will update you as soon as I have more info :)

Thank you! :)
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @SimGuruDrake great to see that PC users can now use CAW again but any news on the graphics issue still making the game completely unplayable on post-2013 Macs?
    apple-signature.png
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @SimGuruDrake

BTW, not sure if it's the best place to talk about this, but a "slight" update on the store of thesims3.com to allow "Complete Your set" discount on the last items marked as not "yet" covered by it would be appreciated...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    MeJGQJF.jpg
    RNZy50z.jpg

Thank you! :)

When you get the message from SmartScreen click the "More options" button, you should see a option that says "Run Anyway" which will allow you to run and install the tool. This simply pops up so that you know what you are downloading and are installing it from a trusted source. Let me know if you need any more assistance :)
    @SimGuruDrake great to see that PC users can now use CAW again but any news on the graphics issue still making the game completely unplayable on post-2013 Macs?

The team is still looking into this issue.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Will you keep both CAW versions available ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

Both versions of the tool will be available. When we update the tools page we will have both buttons including what versions #s they are compatible with.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member

The team is still looking into this issue.

Thanks.

apple-signature.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

Both versions of the tool will be available. When we update the tools page we will have both buttons including what versions #s they are compatible with.

Thank you :)

Another question, do you know if EIG was fixed to work with the Origin version ? This has been an issue with CAW since the Origin version came out.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Thank you :)

Another question, do you know if EIG was fixed to work with the Origin version ? This has been an issue with CAW since the Origin version came out.

Yes it does :)
  • GeferdiGeferdi Posts: 47 Member
    Thanks for continuing to support this game.

Quick question, there is now a pop up that says to run a "couple" of packs, what's the deal? Why now all of a sudden? I've been running pretty much the whole fleet in 4k on max settings without issue. Seems an odd addition this late in the game's life.

PS, the don't show this message again box does not make the message not appear again.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    And what about 64 bits?
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Geferdi wrote: »
    Thanks for continuing to support this game.

Quick question, there is now a pop up that says to run a "couple" of packs, what's the deal? Why now all of a sudden? I've been running pretty much the whole fleet in 4k on max settings without issue. Seems an odd addition this late in the game's life.

PS, the don't show this message again box does not make the message not appear again.

Yeah, ditto on that message. I've only seen it once before and that was right after the initial 1.69 update and the launcher deselected everything. When I reselected everything, it gave me the "not a great idea to be loading all of this stuff at the same time" message, but it never came back again after I told it to pipe down and go away. After this update, all of my EPs and SPs were still selected, but the "not a great idea" message keeps coming back.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

@SimGuruDrake So, I chose not to update the game ...and yet the update completed REGARDLESS. WHY.
    @SimGuruDrake -It's great that you intend to keep both versions of CAW available because I didn't get the 169 patch and still have 167.I'd likely have to get my RAM upgraded if I wanted this patch and that might get expensive.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SDKittySDKitty Posts: 1 New Member
    I Still Have a BIG Problem with my TS3, If I game For a while "Offline" and then a day or so Later I login and play "Online" about 15 Minutes Later the Game Crashes or Just shuts off, No Warning or anything. and Then If i play the Game again a few Hours Later Offline it is Massively Lagged and at times Hic-Ups on Game Play. Then waiting a Couple of Hours and Dumping All my Memory on the Computer I try again to play "Online" it lasts about 30 Minutes and Then Repeats the Crash or Shuts Off (A.K.A. Exits the Game.) and YES I have Repaired the Game and also Reinstalled the Game. Nothing Still Happens. (Oh the CAW Download Link Takes a Long While to Download, So try it when you have other things to do All.)
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2016
    The new CAW took me 3 minutes to download, so either its your connection or there was some issue(traffic?) when you downloaded it.
    Post edited by Hopeinen on
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    awesome
  • MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    Super excited for this latest patch, although after the amount of time I had to spend fixing my game after the last update, I think I will wait and see how well it works for other people.
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    Thank you, SG Drake, for the information and downloadlink and many thanks to the team, who has taken the effort to fix the CAW tool. Although I love all the Sims games for PC, The Sims 3 is my alltime favorite and I'm very happy that CAW is working again. :) A very happy new year to you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top