Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Why it's a shame to be Mexican O_o ?

I would like a sombrero as a normal hat for my "Fiesta".

mexico10.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I know it's a heavily debated topic in real life, but I wish they'd add the option of abortion in the Sims.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Uncertain if this has been discussed already or not but something that would add a lot of immersion to this game would be instead of Sims opening their phones and teleporting, they could instead actually walk out of the home lot, even with the stereos they don't even have an animation for that
  • toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    I've had some new, totally random ideas to improve The Sims. This time, I made some drafts, too!
    OU59ANu.png
    The Bend Left and Bend Right features allow you to make a trapezoid lot instead of a rectangular one. In addition, the lot automatically adapts to roads, alleys and other lots, as the parts overlapping those are automatically cut off, so you can place your lot almost anywhere you want.
    While building walls, you can even build a custom wall or custom roof. You can choose the alignment of everything you place (the default is 2 feet, 45 degrees for walls and windows, 1 foot for most purchased objects). It can even be set to "free", which allows you to place stuff anywhere and rotate it the degrees you want.
    As for the walls, not only they are no longer forcefully aligned to 45 degrees, but can be also rotated to create things like the Ivory Tower and the Cottage.
    And with the custom roof mode, you can create any kind of roof. Townhouse roof, castle roof, cottage roof, whatever comes into your mind.
    Also, why in the world can't we build walls and fences upon the boundaries of the lot? In The Sims 2, we could sometimes. How do you create tenements, row houses or anything with walls in common if you can't even place walls on the boundaries?
    And here are a few Sim related ideas, and the draft that comes along.
    ALlxiXb.png
    We've always had this trouble. Sims are like completely different as kids than they are as adults. In TS3, toddlers all have the same face, and children too, besides looking totally different between ages. I once made a sim who had regular lips as a child, but when she grew up, her lips became ginormous!
    We now have to edit all face parts manually, and the available sliders are buggy. I installed one and my sims faces became abominations with eg. the eyes out of their sockets, the mouth and the eyes merged into one thing and all. Also, there seems to be a bug in the CAS, where sometimes a face part near the one I'm editing is massively altered (like cheeks suddenly becoming skinny or upper lip suddenly becoming thin), and when I undo, the CAS doesn't undo its transformation correctly, as though its slider's origin had changed. I hope this gets fixed.
    Besides having 2 ways of editing face and body parts, I've thought of a slider mod included in the game, one that doesn't alter the sim's current facial structure.
    And last of all, I've thought of a way to create a custom beard, by sliding exactly on the spot of the beard that you want to make hairy.

On many viewpoints, The Sims 3 was better than TS4. As for the customizable map thingamajig, The Sims 4 stepped back to TS1, where you couldn't add any new maps. And the first 2 Sims games allowed you to build on slopes, which the latest 2 don't.
    I'll resume the slopes topic in one of my further posts.
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • AlizeAlize Posts: 50 Member
    I want to have a pack dedicated just for restaurants. You can decide what cuisine you want to serve. When starting your restaurant you can begin with something easy like a burger joint with fries and so. You can advance to higher cuisines.
    Ideas for cuisines:
    1. Burgers, fries, salads, wings ex
    2. Asian: Noodle dishes like Ramen, Sushi, eggroles ex
    3.Seafood
    4. Italian: Pasta, pizza ex
    5. Fine dining (very high level of restaurant experience)
    More ideas are welcome.
    There must be servers, chefs, front desk and fully functional kitchen
    The more kitchen appliances you buy, the more variety of food you can make.
    You can design your own dishes or buy more dishes to add to your menu.
    There must be an option to open a restaurant at your home let, like a café and bakery woth fresh coffee, cakes, pies, sandwiches and even a milkshake maker to make milkshakes.yo
    You can run, diners, dives and more
    Please, this is my dream come true!!!
    Like and share please fellow simmers and FOODIES!
    Maybe EA can even get Guy Fieri to promote the pack like they did in TS3 with Katy Perry.
    Really like some more wedding dresses to.
  • KateTheLarkKateTheLark Posts: 55 Member
    > @Alize said:
    > I want to have a pack dedicated just for restaurants. You can decide what cuisine you want to serve. When starting your restaurant you can begin with something easy like a burger joint with fries and so. You can advance to higher cuisines.
    > Ideas for cuisines:
    > 1. Burgers, fries, salads, wings ex
    > 2. Asian: Noodle dishes like Ramen, Sushi, eggroles ex
    > 3.Seafood
    > 4. Italian: Pasta, pizza ex
    > 5. Fine dining (very high level of restaurant experience)
    > More ideas are welcome.
    > There must be servers, chefs, front desk and fully functional kitchen
    > The more kitchen appliances you buy, the more variety of food you can make.
    > You can design your own dishes or buy more dishes to add to your menu.
    > There must be an option to open a restaurant at your home let, like a café and bakery woth fresh coffee, cakes, pies, sandwiches and even a milkshake maker to make milkshakes.yo
    > You can run, diners, dives and more
    > Please, this is my dream come true!!!
    > Like and share please fellow simmers and FOODIES!
    > Maybe EA can even get Guy Fieri to promote the pack like they did in TS3 with Katy Perry.

I would get this soooo fast, you have no idea, lol. I love this!!! One of my favorite things about Sims 2 was making and/or going to a restaurant. And more food options is great, I'm so tired of simple things. Also, categories for types of cuisine would be so helpful!!
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited January 2016
    1) Have distinct personalities for each sim
    2) Each Sim can have a distinct personality
    3) Perhaps having different personalities for each sim so they don't all seem the same

(I think this may be helped by fixing the want system)
    If you refer to the fact that sims do not behave after their personality traits, I totally agree.
    I hate having a chidish, insane and creative sim who goes to work, prepares dinner and goes to sleep like a normal sim everyday.
    He should be having troubles keeping a work, deciding to create videogames all night instead of sleeping or something like that.
  • NekoEsmahhNekoEsmahh Posts: 37 Member
    It'd be nice to add a pose feature in CAS
  • atheistpallyatheistpally Posts: 3 New Member
    Bring back pool tables! Ideally three different types: snooker, carom, and pocket billiards. I still can't believe they took out pool tables in the first place.

Also, for the other kind of pool, customizing the water depth would be nice, and by that I mean being able to choose from or edit different ramp shapes for the bottom of swimming pools so that there are shallow and deep ends.
    Bring back pool tables! Ideally three different types: snooker, carom, and pocket billiards. I still can't believe they took out pool tables in the first place.

Also, for the other kind of pool, customizing the water depth would be nice, and by that I mean being able to choose from or edit different ramp shapes for the bottom of swimming pools so that there are shallow and deep ends.

I would also like more pool customising options. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, English is not my mother tongue.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I would be happy if they added some Sims 2 type romance animations and facial piercings to the game.
  • TutteluuTutteluu Posts: 13 New Member
    edited January 2016
    1) Pole Dancing/Fitness
    2) Vacations with skiing, hiking, mountain climbing, diving and see corals, meet sharks, catch fish or meet a seaturle.. You get the idea.
    3) Natural catastrophe (you can ofc decide if this happens or not and how much)
    4) Magic and creatures such as fairies, vampire, wearwolf etc.
    5) More wild animals such as deers, mooses, bears, wolfs etc.
    6) A Zoo, Funpark, water park and so on.
    I know I repeated this to death, but ... I want slopes in The Sims 4! Please, add slopes!
  • demolitiondeb1demolitiondeb1 Posts: 133 Member
    Spiral Staircases, adjustable to the wall sizes and many more matching windows and door sets, again in multi sizes Pretty Pleassse!
    I've already talked about this in a previous post, but I used a draft.
    This time, I'll use pictures from the game. NOTE: they represent exactly the same Sim.
    m2fIrNw.png
    This definitely needs to be fixed!
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    This time, I'll use pictures from the game. NOTE: they represent exactly the same Sim.
    m2fIrNw.png

LOL
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    This game has so many issues, I'll stick with the Sims 2 for the time being until they decide to make the game playable. At this pace I might as well wait for The Sims 5, if there's to be any.
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    > @TheGoodOldGamer said:
    > When a Sim couple gets divorced, there should be an option to kick out a Sim, or to have a Sim decide to move out. I spent an hour having my couple fight after divorce thinking one of those options would come up in the menu and it never did even though they hated each other. I had to separate them by managing worlds. "Demand To Leave" or something should be on the menu, IMHO. :)
    >
    > Other than that, I'm having a great time.

Agree completely - it would make the break up part much more realistic! OT: It is also weird to me that a Sim might fight with another one in their home, and then will ask them to leave and we'll get a notification saying something like 'Thanks for hanging out with me, I had fun'. Ehm, no you didn't lol.
  • RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    Open world jesus christ
    YqMyRUI.png
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    m2fIrNw.png

Have you tried aging them to Young Adult? Their Facial features get more accentuated from Child > Teen > YA.
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Rikizzia wrote: »
    Open world jesus christ

Open World was taken out to Process ONLY the active Lot, and not other Lots. All made to Optimize the Experience to Our Sims on the Visiting Lot. Alowing us to Keep adding DLC with Minimal to No loss in Performance. :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2016
    Restaurant as an ambitious feature :

- Restaurant : Classy place, like TS2, it should get these NPC : Host, Chief and Server
    The NPC host assign a table to a group/club or a single sim. A pianist could play in the background

- Simple restaurant: NPC servers only. Different cultures: Romantic Italian restaurant, Fashion Japanese restaurant, Traditional Chinese restaurant, Gastronomic French restaurant

- Dinner/Bistro : NPC Server and Bartender, Merged TS4 coffee shop + Bar.

- Fastfood/Canteen/Cafeteria : NPC Cash register clerk and food shelves, like TS4 coffee shop. Also for Military basecamp or University campus

The Restaurant feature need a SmartSim system which helps the sims to sit together until the end when the restaurant is paid (no musical chair, no unknown/unwanted sims joining the table).

• hop193hop193 Posts: 15 Member
    I have a discussion just like this, check it out!