Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @MermaidInWonderlan - Happy New Year. Good to see you again. I hope you got Serenity Retreat.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ajaxpost Followed your link to see what a Let's Play is and subscribed to continue to listen to your lovely accent!
    I subscribed as I have been following Adrian's blog. @ajaxpost - I agree with @ZeeGee that you have a lovely accent.
    Thank you Jodi, it is much appreciated, though I am a little bemused ... I don't have an accent ... ;)
    @ajaxpost - Hmm. I think it is two five votes to one right now that you have a lovely accent. Maybe we should let Samantha's parrot decide?

Edit to update vote count :smiley:

Awww, you guys! :blush:

Thank you @Me1620, @ZeeGee, @kuroi_nekomata, @Ktarian, and @bekkasan I know when I'm beaten and will graciously accept the compliment and hope my videos continue to entertain you :)

I'm planning on getting a better microphone soon (I'm just using the headset mic at the moment) which will hopefully improve the audio.

Hello DD people! Happy new year!
    It has been a few months and now there is a new page! Wow! I haven't been able to play or spend much time in the store recently, but I have a bit of a vacation now and I'm excited to be back on! I need to readjust my list and catch up!
    Hi, welcome back. It's always a pleasure to see DD friends returning after time away, I hope that 2016 brings you many joys in both your Sims life and offline life.
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Today I realized I'm almost done with all the sets that are part of the DD rotation... I'm currently waiting for those sets to come up. :blush: Now I'm working a few other sets that are not part of the DD and there are still some venues and worlds left that I don't own yet. But I've been trying to save up my simpoints so I can buy them (either from the DD or not).

It is such a strange feeling that, besides the single store items, there isn't much left anymore. I enjoyed the DD stalking so much, I don't want it to be over yet! :lol:

I just can't believe how fast I have reached this point. :o Honestly, I didn't think I would ever get there. And that's all because of the kind-hearted, generous Simmers on here! :heart: There are just no words for that! :blush:
    Martje89 wrote: »
    .... It is such a strange feeling that, besides the single store items, there isn't much left anymore. I enjoyed the DD stalking so much, I don't want it to be over yet! :lol:
    I think if you ask most of the DD Stalkers, we miss the days we were stalking the DD. I still look for bonus ads so that I can shop vicariously through those who are still working towards owning the store.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    @Me1620 Yes, I've heard more people say that. :wink: I know I will miss it as well. It already feels like there is something missing :lol: So I plan on doing the same, so I can help as many other Simmers as possible. Everyone has been so kind to me, I really want to do something back to this wonderful community :blush:
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    @Me1620 can I ask how many videos I can expect to watch daily to earn sp's as a newbie.?! My first two days I got to,watch a lot, yesterday not so many and today so far only 1.
    I am so lucky with the gifts I have received and today I was able to buy the Broadwalk but it would be nice to earn more so that I can also buy more and gift more myself and return the pleasure of gifting to those who still have a wish list.
    I hope that made sense lol :D
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Everyday Kids Collection for free ✓ :smiley:

This was the last puzzle piece in the November 2011 Compilation!
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
    @Me1620 can I ask how many videos I can expect to watch daily to earn sp's as a newbie.?! My first two days I got to,watch a lot, yesterday not so many and today so far only 1.
    I am so lucky with the gifts I have received and today I was able to buy the Broadwalk but it would be nice to earn more so that I can also buy more and gift more myself and return the pleasure of gifting to those who still have a wish list.
    I hope that made sense lol :D
    I'm afraid I don't think there is any particular logic. Sometimes you may get hundreds and sometimes, as you've discovered, barely any.

There is supposed to be a quota for each country but I don't know of anyone who knows any more than that; though it has nothing to do with whether you are a new or long-standing member of the forum - in fact I'm not the TS3 Store site even knows what your membership status is anyway.

Just keep clicking on different store pages and wishlists when you can and you should be rewarded. :)

• Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    @Hayley~Belle - The sims ad can change based on what sponsors decide to give out and where there target market is. Example would be in November I receive many ads relating to politicians who were running is my state, the ads were only shown in areas of my state that was their district.

Here is things that I do to increase chances to receive more ads. Check multiple pages on the Sims 3 site (DD Page, Weekly Sales Page, your friends Wishlist Page, and pages related to different items pages). No guarantees but sometimes help. My normal pages that I look at are the first two, but sometimes when looking at the others I might get lucky to pick up more. Also check different times of the day.
  • Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    Taw3001 wrote: »
    @Hayley~Belle - The sims ad can change based on what sponsors decide to give out and where there target market is. Example would be in November I receive many ads relating to politicians who were running is my state, the ads were only shown in areas of my state that was their district.

Here is things that I do to increase chances to receive more ads. Check multiple pages on the Sims 3 site (DD Page, Weekly Sales Page, your friends Wishlist Page, and pages related to different items pages). No guarantees but sometimes help. My normal pages that I look at are the first two, but sometimes when looking at the others I might get lucky to pick up more. Also check different times of the day.

I do the same thing.
    @ajaxpost and @Taw3001 thank you for your reply. Now it's near bedtime I am of course getting videos to watch :D . I am page hopping quite a bit which is difficult with knitting needles in your hand
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    @ApparentlyAwesome , which you are, thank you for the gift, it's nice to meet you and @Nevills. You are both very kind sending me gifts :)
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2016

Agreed. When ads are slow, I usually wait about 20 or 30 seconds on a page, and if an ad doesn't appear I click to a new page. I think ads might be a little bit easier for me than some others, because I'm in California (in a target rich area), but they've definitely been scarce at times.

Trying different pages can certainly help. I click around a lot to random store pages. Also, I've found that sometimes the ad box appears right away, but sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds to appear. And while sometimes ad boxes will appear even if the tab is not active, many times the tab I'm waiting for an ad box to appear on must be active or no ad box will appear.

When ads are scarce, what's even more annoying is when you get an ad box and the ad doesn't play properly. However, some of these it is possible to get points anyhow. The little tiny ad videos that pop up, sometimes after a few seconds reset their screen to show the play button again. I've found that when that happens, if I click twice in succession (not a double-click) on the video as if I'm trying to get it to start again, then after a few seconds the 'thank you here's your points' box pops up.

Oh, and also, I often seem to get more ads late at night. I'm assuming this is because there are fewer people online looking for them at that time of day. xD
    Luckily for me the ads aren't to bad right now. I set myself an alarm for when Indulgent Living is on the DD. :)
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Hayley~Belle another tip for getting more ads is to use your browser in "incognito" mode (for chrome, not sure what it's called for other browsers). Or to clear your... cookies? (I think that's right) often. I'm not sure why it works but I've often found that in my regular browser I get no ads but then I open an incognito tab and there they are.
    @Hayley~Belle another tip for getting more ads is to use your browser in "incognito" mode (for chrome, not sure what it's called for other browsers). Or to clear your... cookies? (I think that's right) often. I'm not sure why it works but I've often found that in my regular browser I get no ads but then I open an incognito tab and there they are.

I'll have to try that. that is very strange...
    Great tips everyone, I'm sure they will help all us newbies......off to eat cookies....I mean clear cookies!!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    Q. How many videos ads can I expect to watch daily to earn sp's?

Answers and Tips from DDers
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't think there is any particular logic. Sometimes you may get hundreds and sometimes, as you've discovered, barely any.

There is supposed to be a quota for each country but I don't know of anyone who knows any more than that; though it has nothing to do with whether you are a new or long-standing member of the forum - in fact I'm not the TS3 Store site even knows what your membership status is anyway.

Just keep clicking on different store pages and wishlists when you can and you should be rewarded. :)
    The sims ad can change based on what sponsors decide to give out and where there target market is. Example would be in November I receive many ads relating to politicians who were running is my state, the ads were only shown in areas of my state that was their district.

Ktarian wrote: »
    When ads are slow, I usually wait about 20 or 30 seconds on a page, and if an ad doesn't appear I click to a new page. I think ads might be a little bit easier for me than some others, because I'm in California (in a target rich area), but they've definitely been scarce at times.

Trying different pages can certainly help. I click around a lot to random store pages. Also, I've found that sometimes the ad box appears right away, but sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds to appear. And while sometimes ad boxes will appear even if the tab is not active, many times the tab I'm waiting for an ad box to appear on must be active or no ad box will appear.

When ads are scarce, what's even more annoying is when you get an ad box and the ad doesn't play properly. However, some of these it is possible to get points anyhow. The little tiny ad videos that pop up, sometimes after a few seconds reset their screen to show the play button again. I've found that when that happens, if I click twice in succession (not a double-click) on the video as if I'm trying to get it to start again, then after a few seconds the 'thank you here's your points' box pops up.

Oh, and also, I often seem to get more ads late at night. I'm assuming this is because there are fewer people online looking for them at that time of day. xD
    Another tip for getting more ads is to use your browser in "incognito" mode (for chrome, not sure what it's called for other browsers). Or to clear your... cookies? (I think that's right) often. I'm not sure why it works but I've often found that in my regular browser I get no ads but then I open an incognito tab and there they are.

edited July 2016
    Just so you understand the reason behind my last post. This is the type of great information that got lost in our 1000 page thread. I have now gathered the answers in one post and added the question to the bonus ad section on page 1 with a link to the last post. I plan to keep doing this throughout the thread when a group of DDers provide answers to a question.

Feedback please - I was torn between placing the Q. & A. above in the FAQ section or the section on ad points. I chose the ad point sections. Where do you think it will be easier to notice?

@frozenorangejuic - I have also seen a greater number of ads in incognito mode (InPrivate browsing for IE). Are you able to click on the ads and open them?
    Post edited by Me1620 on

edited January 2016
    Here is a list for the current deal and the deals for the next 24 hours. This group of deals includes mainly white deals, those that appear once on the DD. Seeing Stars, one of those pesky not eligible for CYS sets, makes one of its two appearances both of which are green.

Current Deal started on 1/4/2016 at 4:19 am UTC
    This is a 3-hour deal
    703 ) Woven Wicker Trunk / 9 / 25 / 64% / 3 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

704 ) Haute Hip Wall Tree Light / 12 / 28 / 57% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

705 ) Modern Interpretation Outfit / 39 / 61 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Clothing Collection; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation

Tip: If you plan on purchasing Seeing Stars which is deal 708, do not purchase this item. The set is not eligible for the CYS discount, so you won’t get credit for buying this item.
    706 ) Show Stopping Style- Liar Liar Pants / 22 / 54 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Show Stopping Styles Collection; Seeing Stars

707 ) Ultra Lounge Sink / 33 / 68 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Bath; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

Tip: This set is not eligible for CYS discount. Purchasing this deal is the best way to get Seeing Stars as opposed to buying individual items. Excellent sales price too!
    708 ) Seeing Stars / 571 / 2100 / 73% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Show Stopping Styles Collection
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 885)

709 ) Haute Hip Window Collection V.1 / 45 / 81 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hip

710 ) Troubadour Table / 16 / 41 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Interior Castle Set; Best of 2010 Collection

711 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Dispose With Diginity Trashcan / 30 / 50 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

712 ) Drifter's Desire / 567 / 714 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 33, same as # 232 but less than # 577, # 897)

713 ) Ki-Mini Kimono Outfit / 23 / 81 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Clothing Collection; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; World Inspiration Compilation

714 ) Man Cave Compilation / 750 / 3000 / 75% / 2 hours
    Includes: It's Game Time; Level Up Collection; Championship Dreams
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 386 but less than # 339, # 336)

715 ) The Now & Then Century Manor / 1045 / 1900 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 390, # 404)

Just so you understand the reason behind my last post. This is the type of great information that got lost in our 1000 page thread. I have now gathered the answers in one post and added the question to the bonus ad section on page 1 with a link to the last post. I plan to keep doing this throughout the thread when a group of DDers provide answers to a question.

Feedback please - I was torn between placing the Q. & A. above in the FAQ section or the section on ad points. I chose the ad point sections. Where do you think it will be easier to notice?

@frozenorangejuic - I have also seen a greater number of ads in incognito mode (InPrivate browsing for IE). Are you able to click on the ads and open them?
    Hi Jodi,

I think the way that you are adding new information is great; especially considering you run the risk of losing an entire post when updating an old one.

I agree with your decision about keeping this information in a 'Simpoints' section as it helps keep issues around getting Store content separate from the number of issues to do with getting the Simpoint funds to buy the content.

As for Tasha's 'incognito' suggestion. I started doing that a long time ago when it was first suggested on one of the DD threads and it works fine in Firefox at least (my default browser) and I think I've tried it with Chrome and it worked. All this 'private' mode basically does is not record what you do and all the pages you visit should work exactly the same as in 'open' mode - certainly have in my experience - they just don't remember any settings such as logins or cookies.
    @ajaxpost - Thanks so much for the feedback Adrian. I value your opinion.

I will have to try again to click on the ad in incognito mode. In the past, I would click on the ad and the login in box would appear. But after I logged on, the blue bonus ad box would disappear.

I will have to try again to click on the ad in incognito mode. In the past, I would click on the ad and the login in box would appear. But after I logged on, the blue bonus ad box would disappear.

that is what happened to me last night. I tried several times. Both on my laptop and on my tablet. I had no ads for a few hours no matter what page I clicked on. Eventually after 10pm mountain time they came back though.
    edited January 2016

Feedback please - I was torn between placing the Q. & A. above in the FAQ section or the section on ad points. I chose the ad point sections. Where do you think it will be easier to notice.

I really appreciate you putting all the information together Me1620. I've been taking advantage of the DD and planning when to buy stuff, what's best to go on a wish list etc, now armed with all this information I can now concentrate this evening on spending some quality time in my game and get to know it. Thank you <3

The same thing happens to me in incognito mode!
    Post edited by Hayley~Belle on
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    Sookie_54 wrote: »

that is what happened to me last night. I tried several times. Both on my laptop and on my tablet. I had no ads for a few hours no matter what page I clicked on. Eventually after 10pm mountain time they came back though.
    I don't use 'incognito' at home anymore but I do from work and it works fine. It might be that you need to login in first, before clicking the first ad. Remember that it is an entirely new session and will not know anything about your login on any other browser session.

Hopefully it is as simple as that. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top