Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resource.cfg change in today's patch

SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
FYI in today's patch (1.11.64) when the mod resource.cfg is created by the game it will now look like:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

... to better match the manual edits you guys are making to it.

Note that the game only generates the file if it does not exist, it will not update an existing cfg file.

Thanks to @crinrict for the suggestion.

-SGMS
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sweet!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Just a quick question (or rather questions), which I probably shouldn't really post here, but does everyone have this resource.cfg file? Even if you have never touched the mods folder?

Because I have it in there and I have never used mods and would like to know where it comes from and what it's for. Not that I intend to use mods or CC, but there's a, to me, unexplained file sitting there and just want to know what to do with it.

I did once or twice download something off the Gallery that has CC in it (which obviously didn't transfer to my game, but I new it wouldn't) could that have created it?

What happens if you move or delete it? Will it be generated again? Will the game crash/glitch if it isn't there?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited September 2015
    Ignore me didn't read properly
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    @MDianaSanders The file is always created by the game. If you delete this file, the game will make it again. It basically will do nothing unless you have manually placed mods into that directory - the game will never download mods into the directory. If you don't use mods you can safely ignore it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @MDianaSanders The file is always created by the game. If you delete this file, the game will make it again. It basically will do nothing unless you have manually placed mods into that directory - the game will never download mods into the directory. If you don't use mods you can safely ignore it.

Can we delete *just* that file and let it regenerate, if we have mods in the folder still?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Can we delete *just* that file and let it regenerate, if we have mods in the folder still?

Yes.

• The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 158 Member
    Hey, I just stumbled upon this post and don't think I understand it.

I have a lot of CC and it's not very organised. I have a few sub-directories in the MODS directory.

Does this mean that game will generate a new one that will allow sub/sub/sub/sub directories?
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Does this mean that game will generate a new one that will allow sub/sub/sub/sub directories?

Yes.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top