Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    33mini45 wrote: »
    Hi, so I just downloaded The Sims 4, and it runs perfectly. It just have one issue that makes makes me can't play!

PROBLEM

When i open the sims the start button don't work, it disappear and appear very fast, the buttons for PERSONALITY also the same. But the biggest problem is that when i click the SETTINGS button all the button's don't work! And even some are not there... Like the exit button! :(

Please someone help me, I don't know what to do, Im frustrated, I was so exited to play The Sims 4, but now I cant.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core i3
    12 GB
    Macintosh HD
    OS X 10.8.5

Have you tried toggling between fullscreen and windowed mode?

What graphics card does your Mac have?

Turn all your graphics settings to low and enable laptop mode.

apple-signature.png
  • HELLO_HIHELLO_HI Posts: 1 New Member
    How can i get THE SIMS 1 (cd for mac) TO WORK ON MY MACBOOK PRO ??

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory (4Gb 1600MHZ DDR3)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 1536MB
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.11.2)

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPP.
  • jlsims4yasjlsims4yas Posts: 7 New Member
    I recently updated (January 8th 2016) and it said it updated successfully. Then, I open up my game and it says this ""The save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game." However, it alowed me to go on create a sim BUT then when I was going to select a world, it was all blank, and things like my previous games were not saved.I did things like restart my sims, and all that, It still didn't work and leaves the "Select a world" page BLANK. HELP!
    HELLO_HI wrote: »

You can't. Apple don't support Rosetta anymore which was needed to play Sims 1 on Intel Macs, which you have. If you are on Twitter I'd suggest Tweeting https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia and pleading with them to release it in the App Store :)

You could always install Windows in Boot Camp or in a virtual machine on your Mac and then install the Windows version. That's how some of us have done it but it does mean you have to buy a copy of Windows and a Windows copy of the game.
    apple-signature.png
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 2016
    HELLO_HI wrote: »

You can't. Apple don't support Rosetta anymore which was needed to play Sims 1 on Intel Macs, which you have. If you are on Twitter I'd suggest Tweeting https://twitter.com/AspyrMedia and pleading with them to release it in the App Store :)

You could always install Windows in Boot Camp or in a virtual machine on your Mac and then install the Windows version. That's how some of us have done it but it does mean you have to buy a copy of Windows and a Windows copy of the game.

The Sims and The Sims 2 games don't run due to being PowerPC. The Sims Stories games and some later Sims 2 games though are Universal rather than PowerPC and could work. The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories have been released as The Sims 2: Super Collection and The Sims 2 Stories, respectively, that do allow running on newer Macs although their requirements are higher than the original games.

That will be good for Mac users. It could be possible to re-release the game on both Windows and Mac since both versions of the game seem identical in content. I doubt if any Windows Sims game earlier than The Sims 3 will be re-released on Origin or other stores since The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories (AKA The Sims 2 Stories) games have since been removed as of July 2013 and late 2012, respectively, and EA hasn't released The Sims at all on Origin. Aspyr has already released The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories (The Sims 2 Stories) but there's still no confirmation about the PC versions. If you want to play The Sims 2/The Sims Stories on PC or a Mac with Windows, purchasing the DVD copies is necessary.

I would agree with @BluebellFlora about Aspyr re-releasing The Sims. The Sims 1 games are so darn expensive and you have to pay a lot of money to get The Sims. For example on Amazon US, a new copy of The Sims Complete Collection on PC is $120 new and $25 used); Mac version is $143 new and $40 used. Releasing it for Mac and PC (if possible) could help players get The Sims very easily. The Sims seems to be the opposite because last time I checked on Amazon, The Sims 2/Sims Stories games are more expensive on PC than on Mac, The Sims are more expensive on Mac than on PC.

Also in addition to the Rosetta removal that she mentioned, The Sims also has problems with PCs that have Windows 10 as well as Vista through 8.1 if you have the security update installed. Attempting to run it will cause the game not to run at all. Here's the video showing The Sims not running on Windows 10.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzbu4JjrbVI
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    I have TS1 running fine in Windows 7 in Parallels in my Mac :)
    apple-signature.png
  • AntonioTosetAntonioToset Posts: 1 New Member
    The game is causing my entire computer to glitch out!

iMac, late 2013
    Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB
    Software: OS X 10.9.5 (13F1096)

Is my computer no longer supported?
  • Kaylie883Kaylie883 Posts: 180 Member
    Okay I have a question. I just started playing the Sims 4 after not playing for a few months, and every time I try to play it, it keeps exiting the game and viewing my desktop screen. It's not actually kicking me out of the game, but it keeps doing this and it's making me mad.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    My sims 4 game keeps crashing. I've uninstalled my game completely and started fresh but it keeps happening.
    screen-shot-2016-02-10-at-6-16-47-pm.png?w=640

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
    My sims 4 game keeps crashing. I've uninstalled my game completely and started fresh but it keeps happening.
    screen-shot-2016-02-10-at-6-16-47-pm.png?w=640

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

That looks horrible! What Mac do you have? Click on the Apple logo, top left corner of your desktop then About This Mac. Please provide the information in the pop up window (NOT including the serial number) - Version, Model, Processor, Memory, Graphics.

Are you playing with CC/Mods? If so, have you tried the game without them to see if the problem persists?

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora When the problem started to happen I did have cc installed. I have since restarted my entire game and have been playing completely vanilla. It still happens.

OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.1

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Startup Disk Macintosh HD
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    @BluebellFlora When the problem started to happen I did have cc installed. I have since restarted my entire game and have been playing completely vanilla. It still happens.

OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.1

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Startup Disk Macintosh HD
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Your Mac also has an NVIDIA 650M 512Mb graphics card which the operating system switches over to when you play the game. Whilst that GPU is significantly more powerful than the Intel 4000, unfortunately EA have yet to update the game to support it. It works in Yosemite 10.10 and Mavericks 10.9 but not in El Capitan 10.11. You can read more here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14151690/#Comment_14151690

Sorry :( Your only option is to wait for EA to fix it, which they haven't bothered doing since this issue was flagged last October, or to go back to Yosemite on your Mac which would mean uninstalling El Capitan and reinstalling Yosemite or you could install Yosemite on an external bootable drive and then install the game on that drive.
    apple-signature.png
    edited March 2016
    @BluebellFlora How would I go about installing yosemite?

Well, the easiest thing for you to do is install it on an external drive, make sure it is at least 100Gb for the operating system and game:
    1. Plug in your external drive and open Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Click on the drive in the left side window then click on Partition.
    2. You want it to be one partition, GUID Partition Map so it is bootable. Call the partition whatever you want and make sure the format is OS X Extended (Journaled). DON'T click on your internal Macintosh HD, that is the one you are currently using.
    3. Click Apply
    4. When it's finished close Disk Utility then open the App Store.
    5. Go to your Purchased tab and find OS X Yosemite which, presumably, you were running prior to upgrading to El Capitan?
    6. Click Download. When it's finished downloading, the install window should appear. Make sure you select the new drive you have just formatted to install onto and then follow the instructions.
    7. Your Mac should install and automatically boot into the external drive. Download Origin, log in and download and install Sims 4. It should now work again.
    8. VERY IMPORTANT - when you want to choose which drive to boot into, the new one you have created or your Mac's normal internal one, hold down the ALT key when you start up your Mac. Keep it held down until the bootable drives show in the middle of the screen. You can now tab to the one you want to boot up and hit Return.

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora Thanks for the help :) . Out of curiosity, is there anything else that could be causing my game to act like this? I've had El Capitan on my computer for a while now and have only started experiencing these glitches a couple months or so ago.
    Actually I just checked and I think it's been crashing since november (possibly since before then)
    @BluebellFlora Thanks for the help :) . Out of curiosity, is there anything else that could be causing my game to act like this? I've had El Capitan on my computer for a while now and have only started experiencing these glitches a couple months or so ago.

Apart from CC/Mods? No. Your problem is almost certainly the El Capitan issue and I thought of it straightaway when I saw your screenshot and you said your Mac was a 2012 MBP.

When did you install El Capitan? Have you recently installed another EP/GP/SP?

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora You're probably right. My dad knows more about computers than I do so I'll have him help me install Yosemite on an external drive. :)
    @BluebellFlora You're probably right. My dad knows more about computers than I do so I'll have him help me install Yosemite on an external drive. :)

It's really easy, just make sure you don't wipe your Mac's hard drive - good luck and let me know how you get on :)

apple-signature.png
    @BluebellFlora Sorry for bothering you so much :sweat: , would I be able to transfer my current save game over (say, using a flash drive) or would it be incompatible?
    @BluebellFlora Sorry for bothering you so much :sweat: , would I be able to transfer my current save game over (say, using a flash drive) or would it be incompatible?

Yes :)
    apple-signature.png
    No problem :)
    apple-signature.png
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi @IchigoUsagi @BluebellFlora

If you do have an Nvidia card I would first suggest upgrading your video card drivers from NVidia and seeing if that corrects the problem:

For OSX 10.11.1 : http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/93555/en-us
    For OSX 10.11.2 : http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/96651/en-us

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    SGMS