Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Happy new year everyone, and may I wish everyone here, friends old and new, the very best for 2016.
    I am finding out that playing the actually sims 3 game is only a small part of sims 3!
    Ain't that the truth! :)

And congrats on becoming a 'Member', next stop joining the Own The Store club! ;)

Announcement!
    As a few of you already know, I have started a "Let's Play" series on YouTube ... well, this is the first time I've created anything for YouTube but it's not a 'new' story as such, it's a continuation of the legacy story that I had been (infrequently) writing on Blogger for some time.

The quality isn't great (hopefully I'll get better!) but I think it will be easier for me to keep the story going this way - I really am enjoying talking to my computer! :blush:

If you enjoy watching Let's Plays, or just want to see what I'm up to, I would love it if you would pay a visit and let me know what you think - I'm especially keen to get advice and suggestions on how to improve.

The list of videos so far is at: Adam Slade video channel

• Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Happy new year everyone, and may I wish everyone here, friends old and new, the very best for 2016.
    I am finding out that playing the actually sims 3 game is only a small part of sims 3!
    Ain't that the truth! :)

And congrats on becoming a 'Member', next stop joining the Own The Store club! ;)

@ajaxpost owning the store is my next mission lol. I just need more videos to watch to build up the points.
    Now that I have got my head round the DD link and how it all works I can start planning as well
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
    Yaaaayyy I am a full member. :D
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! Sipping my coffee and enjoying my day. I finally got all of my store content reinstalled and backed up. Now I need to check to make sure it is all there. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Yaaaayyy I am a full member. :D
    @hayley~belle congrats on becoming a full member, now you can have a signature and possibly put a link to your Wishlist in there :smiley:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @angeljess26 thank you and good idea. Off to make it happen :)
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Martje89 wrote: »
    @Hayley~Belle Yay, congrats on becoming a full member! :blush:

Thank you. I get a little grey box now <3
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!Just had to let loose a little! :#
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    It's a pretty good feeling when I see a bunch of blue download buttons when I'm browsing the DD, haha. Got to wait for those green ones...
  • R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    R3imiu wrote: »
    :D HEY EVERYONE! currently amazon.com is having a sale on the sims 3 EPs& SPs digital downloads! the sale ends today (tonight i think) so nows a good time to get them for cheap!(6$ each)

i just got supernatural and might get generations & island paradise B)

edit: i bought Supernatural, Generations, & 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff
    eyeing island paradise, it it good/worth getting?

sale is still going on! <3
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    I think if I keep my posts to two lines I have a better chance of them posting!!

@Hayley~Belle Which browser are you using on the iPad? I use Chrome on my iPad, and I haven't had any issues yet.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @ajaxpost Followed your link to see what a Let's Play is and subscribed to continue to listen to your lovely accent!

Side note. Conversation between my mom and my English husband:

Mom: I read somewhere that when Americans hear a British accent they add about 20 points to your IQ.
    Hubby: What, only 20?!
    Great news! And you're so right about the help from the good folk of the DD thread and the generous gifting that is such a part of the Sims 3 community - the Store forums are full of wonderful people.

So sorry to hear about your mother, hopefully now that she is getting better and you have a diagnosis a good recovery will soon be underway. My thoughts are with you both.
    Oh and @Ktarian I kept meaning to say congrats on owning the store but I keep forgetting! So congrats. :) Sorry to hear about your mother, but I'm glad she got the better of the two diagnoses.

@ajaxpost @frozenorangejuic Thank you both! My mother actually did better at the doctor's office than I was expecting her to. She's extremely paranoid about doctors, so I expended a lot of time and energy this last month to trying to calm her down and tone down her paranoia. It seems like it worked. My brother even said that she always yells whenever she gets poked with a needle, but this time there was no shout. I was kinda proud of her.

I am finally back home. Still have some unpacking to do, and scads of laundry to wash, but I'm happy that my trip was successful. Mom is okay for now, I managed to not get sick, and I made it home in time to spend New Year's Eve with my guy. ^-^
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited January 2016
    @ktarian Glad to hear you made it home ok without getting sick and that your mom is doing better.

Thanks for the Chrome tip. While it was meant for Hayley~Belle, it was helpful to me as well as I didn't even know that was possible. I'm assuming it's an app? Off to search for it.

ETA: @frozenorangejuic Love your let's play too! Within five minutes of watching learned some tricks about how to play even though I've been playing over a year now. :) So thanks for that.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ktarian Glad to hear you made it home ok without getting sick and that your mom is doing better.

Thanks for the Chrome tip. While it was meant for Hayley~Belle, it was helpful to me as well as I didn't even know that was possible. I'm assuming it's an app? Off to search for it.

Yes. It's a free app in the app store. ^-^ I vastly prefer it over the default safari browser, especially since I also use Chrome on my laptop.
    @muminek85 Thanks for the well wishes! Happy New Year, and all the best to you and yours as well! <3
    Ktarian wrote: »
    @ajaxpost @frozenorangejuic Thank you both! My mother actually did better at the doctor's office than I was expecting her to. She's extremely paranoid about doctors, so I expended a lot of time and energy this last month to trying to calm her down and tone down her paranoia. It seems like it worked. My brother even said that she always yells whenever she gets poked with a needle, but this time there was no shout. I was kinda proud of her.

I am finally back home. Still have some unpacking to do, and scads of laundry to wash, but I'm happy that my trip was successful. Mom is okay for now, I managed to not get sick, and I made it home in time to spend New Year's Eve with my guy. ^-^
    Good to hear that you were able to help your mum cope with what must be a very worrying situation and I hope your guy is looking after you now :)
    @ajaxpost Followed your link to see what a Let's Play is and subscribed to continue to listen to your lovely accent!

Side note. Conversation between my mom and my English husband:

Mom: I read somewhere that when Americans hear a British accent they add about 20 points to your IQ.
    Hubby: What, only 20?!
    Thank you! :blush:

Though I am slightly concerned; it used to be (many years ago) the American men would take our women ... now I hear that you're taking our men too! ;)

@frozenorangejuic Love your let's play too! Within five minutes of watching learned some tricks about how to play even though I've been playing over a year now. :) So thanks for that.
    It was Tasha returning to her Let's Plays that finally convinced me to have a go too. And now she's also told me about the ITF grass rugs that let you plant indoors; that's the trouble with Owning The Store - I've got so much stuff I don't know what I've actually got! But at least now other Simmers can see the mistakes I make and give me helpful tips :)

Good to hear that you were able to help your mum cope with what must be a very worrying situation and I hope your guy is looking after you now :)

@ajaxpost Absolutely! I even got my New Year's kiss. ;)
    @Hayley~Belle Which browser are you using on the iPad? I use Chrome on my iPad, and I haven't had any issues yet.[/quote]

@Ktarian I go through safari. I haven't had any problems today so far.....touch wood!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    luckily I can knit, watch tv while the videos run!!!

Aha! Another person who knits while the ads run! Welcome to the "Knit 'n Sims" club!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    It was Tasha returning to her Let's Plays that finally convinced me to have a go too. And now she's also told me about the ITF grass rugs that let you plant indoors; that's the trouble with Owning The Store - I've got so much stuff I don't know what I've actually got! But at least now other Simmers can see the mistakes I make and give me helpful tips :)

I enjoyed your videos, Adrian. It won't let me comment, bc my id/password is wonky. Anyway, your family is cozy.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
    @Ktarian I go through safari. I haven't had any problems today so far.....touch wood!
    @Hayley~Belle Well, if you keep having trouble with your posts not posting, I recommend trying Chrome instead. I've never had any issues with that.
    I enjoyed your videos, Adrian. It won't let me comment, bc my id/password is wonky. Anyway, your family is cozy.
    Thank you, that is very kind of you :)

I've actually got three Google and three Yahoo accounts which I use for different personal stuff, Sims and other hobbies, and one I need for work - it can be a pain checking all the accounts but at least I have more control over what I make public or keep more private.

Trouble is, my list of Internet passwords got so out-of-hand that I now use LastPass to remember them all or create new. more secure, passwords; it's a great tool but it means I actually know very few of my own passwords now! :hushed:
    Thank you @Ktarian, I just did a long post and it seems to have gone on ok. I think it was because I was using emoji's. Bad habit!! :D
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top