Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the Fortress: Ghost 42 - Happy Halloween & In Between 2 - Winter Blossoms

ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
Hello!
With the completion of my Pigglewiggle Legacy, I'm retiring my old thread and starting up this new one. This one has the same mission - provide a place for interested folks to be alerted to and discuss the stories I'm writing. So take a look below for what I'm working on and then drop a comment here, on my blog whatever. Also, check out the second post with completed stories! My blog is here: Raerei's Fortress.

Not a Prettacy: Huffman Legacy | Last Updated November 2
huffgen2-5.png
Overview | Generation 1 (26 posts) | Generation 2 (19 posts) | Life In Between 1: A New Year | Life In Between: Winter Blossoms

Ghost of a Chance: Ambrosia Challenge | Last Updated November 6
ghostsmall.jpg
The Darkness | Open the Door | Haunted | Progress | Decisions | Smitten | Babbling | James | The Book | The Darkness Again | Returning Home | Julia | Pay Attention | The Rite of Ashes | The Grim Reaper | The Mission | The Hidden Glade | Granite Falls | The Hermit | The Dream | A Seed | Leaving Home | Heartbreak | Betrayal | A Promise | Happily Ever After | Three's A Crowd | Moving On | The Ghost | Forgiveness | A Cause for Celebration | What She Said | Repercussions | It's Going to Be Okay | Enough | The Ringing of Bells | Serious | Time Travel | Permission | Friends | Anniversary
Happy Halloween

The following stories are on a hiatus - when they move off of it, I'll move them out of this list.

Children from the Stars: Alien Adoption Challenge | Last Updated August 3
starscover1.jpg
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Drifter Challenge | Last Updated: August 2
driftercoversmall.png
House 001: Shannon Drifter
House 002: Casey Drifter
House 003: Jessie Drifter
House 004: Taylor Drifter Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
House 005: Robin & Rowan Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Switch 1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5
House 006: Aubrey & Lorna Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 |Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7

Sims 3 Biblioteque ISBI | Last Updated: October 25
bibliocover1.jpg
Clio 1.1 | Clio 1.2 | Clio 1.3 | Clio 1.4
Melville 2.1 | Melville 2.2 | Melville 2.3 | Melville 2.4 | Melville 2.5
Melville 2.6 | Melville 2.7 | Melville 2.8 | Melville 2.9 | Melville 2.10 | Melville 2.11
Basil 3.1 | Basil 3.2 | Basil 3.3 | Basil 3.4

The Apocalypse is here: Rebirth. | Last Updated: April 19
rebirthcover1.jpg
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7

Sugar and Spice: A Mystery Romance | Last Updated April 11
sugarcover1.jpg
Everything N.I.C.E | The Ana Stasia | Four Clues

Tiny Living Immigrant Challenge | Last Update: February 24
ticsmall.png
A quick challenge more than a story. Updated sporadically.
Water 1 | Water 2 | Water 3 | Water 4 | Water 5 | Stone 6

Adventures of Two Blue Peas | Last Updated: October 31
bluepeascover1.jpg
Overview | Adventures of Two Blue Peas | A Surprise Party for Cocoa | Best Friends Forever | Through the Looking Glass | Camping in Sixam | The Time Travelers | Lyin' Witchin' Wardrobe 1 | Lyin Witchin' Wardrobe 2 | Spooky Party | Spooky Moon 1 | Spooky Moon 2
Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
Post edited by ra3rei on

Comments

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited June 2017
    Looking for something already finished? Enjoy some short and longer stories.

Short Stories
    May Theme I'm Sorry: For Lucy
    March Theme Scars: On the Inside
    Just for Fun: What is That?!
    September Theme Late: The Wastepaper Basket
    May Theme Growth: When It Rains
    Crossover Short Story: Finding Happiness
    March prompt I knew I had to find it before... The Lighthouse
    February Theme Love with a Twist: For the Love of Sims
    January Theme Countdown: What Happens at Zero?
    December Theme: Tis the Season: Frozen Memories
    November Theme Lost: Welcome Back
    October Theme Spooky: The Ghost of St. Martin's Hotel
    August Theme Firsts: The Last Breath

Pigglewiggle Legacy
    pigglewigglecover1.jpg
    Overview | Score | Gen 1-2 Lemongrass & Austin | Gen 3-4 Coral & Boris | Gen 5 Dylan | Gen 6 Meteor | Gen 7 Harlequin | Gen 8 Bane | Gen 9 Arianna

Derelict (Room Challenge)
    derelictcoversmall.jpg
    Introduction | The Decision | Not Silence | Evolution | Amelia in Charge | The Tighar | Waiting Air, Water, and Electricity | What If...? | Alone | And Beyond

Wonder Childe (Wonder Child Challenge)
    wondercover1.jpg
    Starting a Wonderchild | ZzzJuice | Wonder Childhood | Aspirations | Teenagerdom | Next Steps | Goodbye Lo
    Post edited by ra3rei on
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Hi, Rae! I'm here! In your new thread! It's awesome! I feel all cozy and at home already! Cuppa tea?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Chocolate Cream or Roasted Chestnut? I'll put the kettle on. You win my "first to post on all my threads" mini contest. In exchange you will forever be featured on my front page. :D
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    *ninjapig wiggles into the thread*

She wants to pay a homage to your Pigglewiggle Legacy! Hello, @ra3rei and @CathyTea! :) ( . . )
    Yay Ninjapig! My other most loyal reader! *hands Ninjapig some homemade potpie*

There will be lots of Pigglewiggle homage in the coming year, @eXokamikaze . I love them all too much to let them gather dust in my gallery. It's the longest completed thing I've ever written, 93 chapters!

Do you have a favorite? I think @CathyTea likes Cocoa and Luthor best.
    *ninjapig dives into potpie* *happy oinks and munches* <3 ( . . )

Yay Pigglewiggles! I'm very partial to Bane. But my favourite has to be Shelby. ;)
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Yay Ninjapig! My other most loyal reader! *hands Ninjapig some homemade potpie*

There will be lots of Pigglewiggle homage in the coming year, @eXokamikaze . I love them all too much to let them gather dust in my gallery. It's the longest completed thing I've ever written, 93 chapters!

Do you have a favorite? I think @CathyTea likes Cocoa and Luthor best.

When I first read this, I thought that you wrote that you were handing Ninjapig "some homemade people"! I was envisioning little yarn people...

CT the Sim is very drawn to Cocoa! She would talk to him forever! CT the me loves Luthor--he's the Sim I want to get to know more! I love his fairy makeup that he wore to work when he was an elder! I also really, really liked Bane a lot. And Connie. And I think Ari is amazing! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    There's just something about gen 7-9 sims, isn't there? onezero is one of those generations, right? Although Shug's an early awesomesim if I remember correctly. If she's before gen 7 then she's ahead of the normal awesomesim curve I think. I really liked Sugar Maple from the start as I used to have her hairstyle! Your sims confuse me since some of them stopped aging - sneaky sims!

As much as I adored my early sims - Dylan, Connie, Austin...they have nothing on my love for my later sims. And it seems as if you two agree since all your favorite Pigglewiggles are from the last 2 generations. Every generation gets more precious to me. I just started my second legacy (the Hoffman one above) and I'm interested to see if the phenomenon occurs a second time or if my sim-love just grows with generations regardless of the actual generation the sim is on.

My theory is that the more invested in generational sims you are the more emotionally invested you are in them, regardless of generation. Not sure if I can make this make sense. Basically I'm thinking if all you play are single generation sims then you miss out on the awesomeness that the later generations show you, but that once you've played the later generations, the single generation sims are more emotionally awesome.... So Adam Childe which I wrote around generation 6 is as emotionally awesome as a sixth generation sim, even though he's first generation.

But this doesn't take into account the generational coding and game buildup that occurs as you play multiple generations in a save. I do also think that affects the sims's behavior and awesomeness, but not necessarily our emotional connection to them. So when I get to generation 6 in Adam's save, those sims will have the emotional investment of 17 generations, and the game awesomeness of 7 generations.

...perhaps it's too early to think about sim metaphysics...
    LOL! In terms of coding and the evolution of AI, I tend to think something amazing happens around gen 6. Sugar is Gen 6.

But gen 5 also gets a real shine! Elder Wolff is gen 5--so was Aspen! There seems to be a mellowing around maybe gen 8... but I do love gen 9 Cypress! She's mellow, too--not shiny like gen 5.

Ari's shiny!

In Townie Town, I'm really enjoying these freshly-generated Sims--and that seems to relate to your emotional-investment theory. Lots for us to think about and observe!

The apocalypse has begun (or rather it did several hours ago and I'm majorly delayed in warning you... Oops!

Rebirth 1: The Assignment.
    06-06-15_11-51c2a0am.png

I'll be attempting to post weekly on this story - it's a continuation? of my Wonderchild Challenge which is only 7 posts long if you want to know where Adam Childe came from.
    Rae, what a fantastic start! I really love the plot you've developed around this!

I'm also a huge fan of this! Can't wait for the next part. :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bookmarked! I'm really intrigued by your apocalypse challenge! Wonderful first chapter!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thanks, @eXokamikaze and @pammiechick I've been eager to start this for half a year now! Hopefully I haven't wasted my initial excitement, but I got lots of thoughts for how to play this out and least for the first generation.

And after starting a legacy with the extreme challenge rules, I know I love tough starts!
    Announcing two posts today:

A holiday themed short story: Fozen Memories

And the latest simple round up of my TS3 ISBI, the Biblioteques: Gen 2.2

@mastressalita I completely forgot to tag you in these, sorry! I'll do better now.
    And for our final sim-post for this week, I'm starting off my new legacy...Yes, the Pigglewiggles haven't even been finished for a month, but... but... sigh, I have no will power.

Huffman Legacy (Not a Prettacy) Chapter 1.1: I Owe What?!
    12-17-15_9-38-52c2a0pm.png?w=748
    “But where am I supposed to get that money?” he asked. He checked his bank account on his phone, only 82 simoleons.
    “Here,” the clerk handed him a flyer. “They pay good money for rocks and stuff. You can make that kind of money in no time if you go to Oasis Springs. There’s a bus that leaves daily in a half hour.”

@mastressalita
    Aw, rae.... how did you know that D. T. was my favorite musician?

Rae... this is so inspiring! And so tempting!

I love the narration! Really rich writing. It's gonna be a classic! I can tell!

I figured you'd enjoy the DT reference. I grew up with Dylan and that song was one of my favorites. Since this is a sim-world I figured I should throw in erroneous musical references. :P (reminds me to add more in...)

I've played quite a bit more - I just sit down and want to play him. And I wrote a ton on my holiday all about Arturo. It's kind of like with your current Skill U story. I'm stuck on him.
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I figured you'd enjoy the DT reference. I grew up with Dylan and that song was one of my favorites. Since this is a sim-world I figured I should throw in erroneous musical references. :P (reminds me to add more in...)

I've played quite a bit more - I just sit down and want to play him. And I wrote a ton on my holiday all about Arturo. It's kind of like with your current Skill U story. I'm stuck on him.

It's just so fun to get stuck on a Sim or specific story! I just feel so engaged by Honey's story right now! She's all I want to play and write! :) (That's why schedules don't work for me--I need that freedom to follow the current passion!)

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    You don't even have to tag me anymore @ra3rei ; I have Wordpress Reader and Blogger Reading List deliver me updates to my front door for those two hosts now, heh. (Unless someone posts a "new page" with each new chapter on Wordpress instead of a "New Post", which bypasses the Reader, as I've noticed... those sites I have to put on my "Special Needs" list... but you don't do that. ^_~ )
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
    Ah sounds good @mastressalita, I won't spam you here then! :D
    And it's back - Adam is preparing to leave for Glassbolt. We get a little of the Childe family history here. Perhaps fill in some blanks that the picture-only posts didn't fully show.

And don't worry - I doubt this is the last we'll see of his family, even if it's the last Adam will see of them.

Rebirth 2: Goodbyes
    06-06-15_11-28c2a0am-2.png
    Extra Huffman post this week. I had too much fun playing with Arturo.

Huffman 1.2: I'm Sleeping in Bushes

12-17-15_11-02-41c2a0pm.png?w=748

Sometimes he found a sheltered spot under a bush to sleep. They weren’t any better than benches, but there were fewer passerbys and distractions. More insects though.
    *ninjapig oinks in satisfaction* So good to have the time to sit down and catch up with your stories, @ra3rei! I'm loving the new, fresh stories. And I can tell you're really enjoying it...it shows in your writing!
    Thanks so much, I'm glad you and ninjapig are enjoying your time in the fortress @eXokamikaze . I shall always make sure to have plenty of snacks there for ninjapig and warm blankets since the snow is really piling up outside!