Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim got fired

So I was playing my game a few minutes ago, and I got a notification the my Sim has been fired. :'( WHAT! Her performance was so good, she didn't do anything wrong. This was in the Business career by the way.
Hypochondriac :p

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sim love wrote: »
    So I was playing my game a few minutes ago, and I got a notification the my Sim has been fired. :'( WHAT! Her performance was so good, she didn't do anything wrong. This was in the Business career by the way.

Wow, I've never had a sim get fired before. I think she had a jealous co-worker.

Edited to add: Her co-worker was jealous because your Sim was doing so good, and she went to the boss and spread a false rumor causing your sim to get fired. I say get back at the co-worker. >:)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    edited December 2015

Wow, I've never had a sim get fired before. I think she had a jealous co-worker.

Edited to add: Her co-worker was jealous because your Sim was doing so good, and she went to the boss and spread a false rumor causing your sim to get fired. I say get back at the co-worker. >:)

Hmmm, wonder which Sim it was, maybe her husband, since she works with him, maybe he doesn't want to work with her anymore.
  • Options

Hmmm, wonder which Sim it was, maybe her husband, since she works with him, maybe he doesn't want to work with her anymore.

Let me ask you. Is their romance going good or has it been suffering lately? If so, he could be cheating with someone at work and he got her fired so he wouldn't get caught. If their romance is doing good, then he probably wanted a promotion and felt his wife was going to steal it from him and so he had to get her fired.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Does that really happen tho if you have a jealous sim at your work place??! If so, then wow, they're adding so much stuff in the previous patches that they didn't even mention in the patch notes.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Does that really happen tho if you have a jealous sim at your work place??! If so, then wow, they're adding so much stuff in the previous patches that they didn't even mention in the patch notes.

Um I don't think so haha. I was just creating a story for Sim Love.

• Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Um I don't think so haha. I was just creating a story for Sim Love.

Oh... Haha.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited December 2015
    I love this thread. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I didn't even know you actually could get fired in this game.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I thought. Maybe they tweaked in the last patches? *shrugs* I'm guessing they tweaked a lot of things without putting it in the patch notes. Another simmer said their sim couple who were engaged eloped on their own while they were playing with someone else in the same household, and they said they don't have mods.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

You can since base or GTW. But it doesn't happen often. But the fact that the OP said her sim had a good performance is why I came up with that little story haha.

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    If they added random firing, that would be kinda cool. Though hopefully you don't have to start from the bottom of the career again. Maybe just a couple levels down. It would honestly make careers a little more interesting.

@Sim love can you confirm what happens when you try to enter the business career again?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

It does happen occasionally. I had a sim at the top of the criminal career whose performance dropped a lot due to going in late too often and rarely getting the daily task done, and one day she was just fired, not even demoted first or anything.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    MewnieSAMewnieSA Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2015
    Maybe that's why I haven't seen it happen yet. Granted, with both of the main sims I've played thus far, I've been diligent in making sure they do their daily tasks- the artist is easy, as her arts club allows her to do that, socialize with her friends and make some extra money :) The bodybuilder is a bit tricky, but going to the gym to mentor people when her fiance is too tired to work out is a good way to make friends. And when her daughter is old enough, you can bet mom is gonna whip her into shape too :sweat_smile:
    hello. i am from the internet, eh.
  • Options
    mylenaureliemylenaurelie Posts: 53 Member
    > @MewnieSA said:
    > Maybe that's why I haven't seen it happen yet. Granted, with both of the main sims I've played thus far, I've been diligent in making sure they do their daily tasks- the artist is easy, as her arts club allows her to do that, socialize with her friends and make some extra money :) The bodybuilder is a bit tricky, but going to the gym to mentor people when her fiance is too tired to work out is a good way to make friends. And when her daughter is old enough, you can bet mom is gonna whip her into shape too :sweat_smile:

Me, too. None of my sims have ever been fired before. I always try hard to max out their performance.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited December 2015

It happens (most often) when their performance gets down into the orange/red part of the performance graph bar. This takes place when they're late a couple times, and doing the daily tasks figure in as well. It seems there is about a 40 minute leeway before your boss calls and you're officially late, altho you still could lose a small amount, I imagine. You can bring it up a bit by working hard. But I didn't realize it could happen when their performance was in the green, yikes.

Another thing I've noticed with the last couple patches is that if you rotate to a family during their work hours, they quite often will not be at work, and can be hours late depending on the time you join them.
  • Options
    MewnieSAMewnieSA Posts: 49 Member
    Another thing I've noticed with the last couple patches is that if you rotate to a family during their work hours, they quite often will not be at work, and can be hours late depending on the time you join them.

I hate that so much. I have to keep notes on what days my sims work, so if I switch households, I can come in either early in the morning or later in the evening so they don't mess up at work.

hello. i am from the internet, eh.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited December 2015
    MewnieSA wrote: »

I hate that so much. I have to keep notes on what days my sims work, so if I switch households, I can come in either early in the morning or later in the evening so they don't mess up at work.

Right, it's a pain. I got to wondering--now that it shows a Sim's location on the panel where you choose which Sim to have selected to play on, will it say their workplace if they're at work? I think I've had them be grayed out on this panel, or maybe the map, tho, and when the loading screen ends, there they are at home despite that.

Edit: Which adds to evidence that it's a bug. Wonder if it's been reported?
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wowzers! I've had a sim get fired before, but my sim deserved it. LOL She really did have awful work performance. >.< (She was definitely in the red and her boss was always calling her and telling her to get her bootie to work! lol)

If her performance bar was full, and she didn't fail one of those little mini events (where the game calls you and asks you what you'd like your sim to do in a specific instance EX: Sign an autograph or tell them to bug off), then your sim shouldn't have been fired. I'd report it as a bug!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP have you fed your sim beans? Eating beans and going to work cause a lot of farting and farting lowers the performance and might cause demotion or firing!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    If they added random firing, that would be kinda cool. Though hopefully you don't have to start from the bottom of the career again. Maybe just a couple levels down. It would honestly make careers a little more interesting.

@Sim love can you confirm what happens when you try to enter the business career again?

It puts you two levels back
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Ok, that's a neat thing to do. I like that, actually. Though I think your sim getting fired without provocation does sound like a bug. But I do love the "explanation" y'all came up with for it. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Ok, that's a neat thing to do. I like that, actually. Though I think your sim getting fired without provocation does sound like a bug. But I do love the "explanation" y'all came up with for it. :D

I'm telling you. It was the husband!! He's either cheating or greedy. >:)

• Options

He is probably cheating on her, since before she got fired her husband was at level 7 and she was at level 4, and their romance is almost empty.
  • Options
    LOL, the stories that go on for this. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

He is probably cheating on her, since before she got fired her husband was at level 7 and she was at level 4, and their romance is almost empty.

I knew it!!! B) Time to check his relationships.