Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plain Vanilla

Comments

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    There's too much great CC out there to play a 'Vanilla' game. I love trying new hair styles and grabbing up new and different wall and floor styles. I don't really like to have many game changing mods in place but some are necessary.. (no mosaic, gardening and relationship culling mods)
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I have played with mods and cc in S4 but I removed everything before I installed Get Together and will probably play without any for a while.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    There's too much great CC out there to play a 'Vanilla' game. I love trying new hair styles and grabbing up new and different wall and floor styles. I don't really like to have many game changing mods in place but some are necessary.. (no mosaic, gardening and relationship culling mods)

I love all the build/buy stuff. I'm such a sucker for it--especially stuff that adds a little grit and grime to my game to counteract all the syrupy sweetness everywhere.

I have played with mods and cc in S4 but I removed everything before I installed Get Together and will probably play without any for a while.

Same here, though I am going to add in MC Command here soon.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    I've been playing vanilla for a few months now. I've never used mods for Sims 4, I had a lot of CC but my female sims were looking a little fake so I decided to play without. I'm not sure if I'll add them back in later, it was hard at first but now I'm actually enjoying playing without CC. I'd never use any mods for Sims 4 and luckily I don't have any problems with culling-I always mark important households as played just in case.
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    I use CC and have used mods. I keep all my CC organised and regulated to a certain amount in my game and keep a whole bunch of CC organised in a libary of subfolders to one big folder, out of the game and on my laptop, for when I want to put a little in and/or take a little out of the game.

I'm more cautious with mods. I keep a few in my outside folder and put one or so into my game if I need it for story purposes. But I never keep the mods in the game for long at all. They are only in until they have served their purpose for my story.

I don't think I could go without CC now and mods are very cool also. I couldn't believe it when I found out this was a thing lol. I was like oh my plum this is AMAZING! :smiley:
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Sims 4: vanilla is my flavor

Screenshot-48.jpg
    The Sims 3: You better believe my Sim drives around Bridgeport in style.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • seaofsenecaseaofseneca Posts: 116 Member
    I have no Mods or CC, but I have also only been playing Sims 4 for a few weeks.
    I've looked into a couple mods, but I fear getting a virus. So, I'm on the fence.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Me. I have a vanilla game. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I used CChair for females in 3 (female hairstyles are hideous in 3). And when 4 was first released I loaded my game with CC because we didn't have any packs to add extra furniture, but I deleted all my CC/Mods when GTW was released. Now I mostly use script mods (testing cheats always on, no culling, ability to drag needs and edit relationships with right click, etc) and I use custom content cas stuff from lumialoversims because it fits the games art style so well.
  • mylenaureliemylenaurelie Posts: 53 Member
    I generally play like this. Sometimes I get custom content and mods, but I usually just end up taking it out, again.
  • rrc1979rrc1979 Posts: 31 Member
    I did have some cc objects when I first played but took them out when I had problems placing them. Now I've got a vanilla game for the first time ever. My Sims 2 has so much cc it takes around an hour to load... lol
  • sarah012378sarah012378 Posts: 73 Member
    In Sims4, I haven't needed to use CC or mods...yet. ;)
  • IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    I'd say my game is french vanilla. Just have mc command center. Though sounds like story progression is starting to happen and I may not need it. But those family trees...nevermind, I still need it. ;)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I have one mod and folders full of cc I cant play without cc, searching for cc is half the fun finding stuff you cant get in the game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    no mods or cc
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    I've been Mod free, but Like to download cc and have diff looks for each sim.
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Just curious...who else has a game with NO mods and NO custom content?

In the original Sims and Sims 2 (I had to skip Sims 3 because it wasn't compatible with my playing style) I used lots of custom content. I started using a pregnancy mod for Sims 4 so that I could lengthen the amount of time before my sims gave birth, but it created problems, so I pulled it out and have made the decision to remain mod-free and CC-free.

Anybody else playing the "plain vanilla" game?
    I do, I do not use mods or CC in my games and had not from Sims 1 to present. However, I do not see mods or CC as bad unless used in a way that is not intended.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I use CC and have used mods. I keep all my CC organised and regulated to a certain amount in my game and keep a whole bunch of CC organised in a libary of subfolders to one big folder, out of the game and on my laptop, for when I want to put a little in and/or take a little out of the game.

I'm more cautious with mods. I keep a few in my outside folder and put one or so into my game if I need it for story purposes. But I never keep the mods in the game for long at all. They are only in until they have served their purpose for my story.

I don't think I could go without CC now and mods are very cool also. I couldn't believe it when I found out this was a thing lol. I was like oh my plum this is AMAZING! :smiley:

You've given me an idea. Since the mod to lengthen pregnancy is the one I really, really need for my play style, maybe I could use it ONLY when I have an expectant child. Earlier in the game, I had a lot of babies being born. Now, I've slowed that down a bit. At present, I have only 1 new arrival scheduled for my next household rotation. Putting the mod into the game and then removing it when it's not needed might be a good way to go.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    No i cant do that. With all the unplayable bugs and ugly goofy items EA brings us, i would be pretty depressed
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I kind of do, but am absolutely not, My mods and cc are mostly just retextures, refined, recolored, hair clothes and objects I don't want to buy from packs.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LilithLiliumLilithLilium Posts: 6 New Member
    I haven't used any mods or cc. But I'm still pretty much a newbie, I have only played Sims 4 and so on so..
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    No mods or cc for me! I'm to scared about how the gallery flags non-cc houses/sims as cc. There's some stuff I'd LOVE to use but I just can't bring myself too even though I'd only use the cc for my own stuff and not gallery.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    I wish I could play plain vanilla but I can't D: Without MC Command Center mod my play style would be utterly destroyed (by sim and relationship culling). Also I like how CC brings more varieties to how my sims look :)
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Every time I try to use mods it seems like a patch comes out that messes it up. I have used the faster gardening and evolve all plants mods in the past for Sims 4 just because gardening has become so ridiculously tedious in this game. It takes all day to care for even a small garden. Clubs improved on that, sort of, but it still takes ages to take care of a garden. I'm back to the vanilla game now just because I can't be bothered to replace mods every time a patch breaks something.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I play the vanilla version of the game quite a bit, although I do more so enjoy playing with CC and Mods installed.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.