Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading CC(Help)

DaNaeNae1DaNaeNae1 Posts: 120 Member
For months , years , I've been trying to find ways to download CC for The Sims 2 ,but everytime i do its not in my game ....What do I need to get CC in the game... What is the process I need to take...

*ONLY thing I got to work in the game is CC cars and some contacts
The man upstairs is always watching

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    A lot of places compress their files into zip packages, rar packages, or 7z packages. You have to uncompress the files to get them to show up. Since you're getting some stuff to work, I'm going to assume you're putting everything into the correct folder.

Any recolors of Maxis objects will require the CEP, which is short for Color Enabler Pack. You can find that on Mod the Sims
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @DaNaeNae1

I have only just started playing sims 2 and CC is showing up in my game.

You need a downloads folder in in your sims 2 or ultimate collection folder, mine did not have one and I had to add it, make a new folder called downloads with a capital D.

Then after extracting your package files from the downloaded RAR files as described by Seera1024 above, add the package files only to your downloads folder and your CC should show up in game.

The only thing I have not tried yet is installing objects into the game as I believe it requires a CEP program which I have not managed to install properly yet and I have not tried simpak files yet either, just package files.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @DaNaeNae1

I have only just started playing sims 2 and CC is showing up in my game.

You need a downloads folder in in your sims 2 or ultimate collection folder, mine did not have one and I had to add it, make a new folder called downloads with a capital D.

Then after extracting your package files from the downloaded RAR files as described by Seera1024 above, add the package files only to your downloads folder and your CC should show up in game.

The only thing I have not tried yet is installing objects into the game as I believe it requires a CEP program which I have not managed to install properly yet and I have not tried simpak files yet either, just package files.

@SPARKY1922

CEP is only required for recolors of EA/Maxis items. It is not required for objects made by players.
    @Seera1024

Thanks for that info told you I was a total newbie-) so when something says next to a download this is default re-colors or something that exists already in the game this is when CEP is required?
    @SPARKY1922

Right. Not sure about default recolors. I haven't seen any default recolors for Maxis objects (I don't know if those are even possible for objects).

Or, in reverse:

If it says "Mesh included" or "Mesh can be found at [insert link]" then it does not require CEP.

@Seera1024

Thanks for clarifying I will be able to remember what you said about the mesh :)
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWtsYrPmvo

Here is a video showing how to download and install CC :)
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
    @NOVEMBER_11SARAH

Thanks for that, its one thing I forgot to do lol