Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Ultimate Collection can't launch! Please help!

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
So, I have The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection installed on my PC. Everything installed perfectly fine, but it keeps coming up with an error message that says "Required Security Module Cannot Activate (8016)". What does this mean and how can I fix it? :( Also, I'm running the game on a Windows 10 PC. I installed the game on my D Drive while Origin itself is on my C Drive, BUT, I don't think that's the reason it won't work... because I installed a couple other games the same way and they work fine. Can anyone come up with a solution?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi :)

I saw this for TS3 but it might be the same for you- Good luck!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851375/why-i-cant-launch-ts3-on-window-10/p2
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I saw this for TS3 but it might be the same for you- Good luck!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851375/why-i-cant-launch-ts3-on-window-10/p2

I have no idea how to update my bios and according to some users on that post, it's a risky thing to do. I don't want to risk damaging my PC.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    When are you getting this error message? When you try to start the game? Does it make any attempt to load? Have you tried deleting the two cache files in My Documents/TheSims2 Ultimate Collection?
  • Options
    hedgekat1 wrote: »
    When are you getting this error message? When you try to start the game? Does it make any attempt to load? Have you tried deleting the two cache files in My Documents/TheSims2 Ultimate Collection?

It happens whenever I simply attempt to launch the game. It doesn't even attempt to load at all. The moment I double click the icon (on the desktop OR where the game is installed), the error message appears. I don't currently have a Sims 2 folder in My Documents because I haven't launched the game yet (they only get created after you launch the game for the first time).
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello Lustianicia
    Are you running Sims2 in compatibility mode for either Windows XP or Vista?
    Click on the icon, then properties and then compatibility to view. If it is not either of these versions of Windows, change and save.
    Some anti-virus software can also prevent the game from running and will need to be turned off.
    Hope this helps?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The suggestions in the link was for Compatibility mode. :)
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    edited December 2015
    I am having the same problem with this and the same error message comes up even if I try to change the compatibility settings? I don't really want to update my BIOS as it sounds risky. Is this the only way to fix it? It worked fine on my other computer (also windows 10)
  • Options
    super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    So Just tried to update the BIOS and it said it was already up to date
  • Options
    super_niin wrote: »
    I am having the same problem with this and the same error message comes up even if I try to change the compatibility settings? I don't really want to update my BIOS as it sounds risky. Is this the only way to fix it? It worked fine on my other computer (also windows 10)

That's what I've heard... you need to update the BIOS... but, if you already tried updating and it still doesn't work, then I have no idea what's wrong. This is weird because my laptop is also Windows 10 and Sims 2 works on there. I guess we're just out of luck! :(
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg