Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

Comments

• ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I've noticed when going through Origin to bring up S4 that the S2 Ultimate is sitting there with a big DOWNLOAD button.....hmmmm. I no longer play anything but S4 but I'm tempted, especially since there is still plenty of new cc out there on tumblr for it. Can I assume (always a dangerous thing) that that S2 package has all the updates and fixes? what else? all the eps, stuff packs, etc, also? I do not want to start something I don't want to finish...just download and play?
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I've noticed when going through Origin to bring up S4 that the S2 Ultimate is sitting there with a big DOWNLOAD button.....hmmmm. I no longer play anything but S4 but I'm tempted, especially since there is still plenty of new cc out there on tumblr for it. Can I assume (always a dangerous thing) that that S2 package has all the updates and fixes? what else? all the eps, stuff packs, etc, also? I do not want to start something I don't want to finish...just download and play?
    Yup just download and play. Should work fine.

c0Ixg8O.png
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Yo
    Does it still run if we have the disk of the games...? XD Because I have the all the disks to it. XD
    You can install and play TS2 on a Windows 10 PC with disks. I have no problem with the game on my Windows 10 computer and I have most of the disks installed. However, you do have to play it on compatibility mode.
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    I noticed that the game runs with bars on the side, even in full screen mode. This only happened after updating to Win 10. Does anyone have a fix for this?
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    Also to anyone who has Windows 8, The Sims 2 works fast and the graphics are amazing. This was my first time playing the sims 2 and i must say, it was amazing!
  • CherinesaCherinesa Posts: 1 New Member
    Are we talking about the sims 2 that came with night life, family fun stuff, university etc?
  • Cherry_ColaCherry_Cola Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I downloaded sims 2 deluxe (or ultimate, whatever you wanna call it) from origin on my windows 10 laptop and it won't work does anybody know how to fix that? I tried to do that little patch with the paul.dll and it keeps popping up something about lang error. I called EA and they told me to uninstall and reinstall... But that didn't work. I tried to troubleshoot the compatibility on it, and yet again it still won't work. I'm losing faith in this game. I wanted to play it so bad. Please direct me in the right path to fix this little hiccup. Thanks!
  • iheartklaineiheartklaine Posts: 1 New Member
    In my case the game start good, but when I have to play it get stuck sometimes, anyone knows how to fix it?
  • EvermoreRocksEvermoreRocks Posts: 83 Member
    whats the difference too the ones from the disc to the ultimate pack?
  • nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
    @EvermoreRocks Really no difference, just the Ultimate Edition comes with every pack (Expansion and Stuff Pack) from The Sims 2 for FREE! That's it! And it works with Windows 8 & 10! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
    @Cherry_Cola If it's in Origin, did you try doing "Repair Game"? Because I have a Windows 10 device, and the game runs great!
    Nate3300Simmer
    @iheartklaine Did you try "Repair Game" in Origin?
    Nate3300Simmer
    @EmmaVane I turned off the shadow setting, because on Windows 8 & 10 computers, the shadows would be big black squares under my sims, so I just turned the setting off!
    Nate3300Simmer
    @crzy_gal_101 Sadly, no, the glitch is still there so I just turned that feature off.
    Nate3300Simmer
    jvms20 wrote: »
    I noticed that the game runs with bars on the side, even in full screen mode. This only happened after updating to Win 10. Does anyone have a fix for this?

I think I had the same situation in the beginning, but this is how I fixed it (somewhat).

Make sure the resolution of the screen in setting is at the highest; that's what I did. This will make everything full screen.

Now disclaimer, there will be purple side lines during the starting screen when selecting a world or being on a loading screen, but that's mostly it.

When in map view, live mode, build mode, buy mode, etc., it will be 100% in full-screen mode.

This is all based on personal experience with the game, so I hope this helped! :smile:

Thanks and happy simming! :smiley:

~Nate3300Simmer
    Nate3300Simmer
    In my case the game start good, but when I have to play it get stuck sometimes, anyone knows how to fix it?

I don't know if there is a fix. I think it's due to an older game running on a newer computer and/or newer operating system.
    Nate3300Simmer
  • EvermoreRocksEvermoreRocks Posts: 83 Member
    nate3300 wrote: »
    @EvermoreRocks Really no difference, just the Ultimate Edition comes with every pack (Expansion and Stuff Pack) from The Sims 2 for FREE! That's it! And it works with Windows 8 & 10! :)

would the discs i have brought in the past will work for windows 10?
    @EvermoreRocks I don't think so, but if you ask EA Support, then they might be able to give you a code for The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition! :smile:
    Nate3300Simmer
  • LittleFlower1995LittleFlower1995 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'll just sit here and be worried. XD I was trying to get to the site, (has nothing to do with Sims 2) While my discs had disappeared... I'm just gonna blame that on sis. Welp, looks like I have to contact them. XD
    I had the Sims 2 Ultimate sitting in my Origin account for months. I finally decided to d/l it. I run Windows 10 and have no problems...HOWEVER, I had forgotten all about how tedious S2 can be over cc. I had thought I'd run S2 vanilla til I saw and then remembered just how ugly the Maxis wall coverings were....and from there, well.... I had to get reacquainted with CEP, Numenor's various mods (recolors, stairs, fences)....and one or two other programs. We grow with our games as they add-on and expand. Now, the whole game is dumped upon you and you have to relearn it step by step. It's much more work than I'd anticipated. I don't understand how players can jump from S2 to S3 then to S4 and back again and not be totally confused...just saying. I'm inclined after all that work to just play S4 as it rolls and forget about S2 (which I dearly loved at the time). That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! B)
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    I just downloaded and installed the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through Origin after I struggled for two AGONIZING weeks attempting to install my CD/DVD versions of the Sims 2 plus 10 expansion/stuff packs on my new PC (Windows 10). I can't wait to start playing, but I don't want to screw it up before I ask someone that was hopefully in the same boat as me. Can I just click the icon and start playing (considering I downloaded/installed through Origin) or do I need to fiddle with compatibility settings (because it's Windows 10) before I start playing? Did Origin take care of the Windows 10 compatibility issues or do I need to do something before I start playing? I don't want to screw up the download/install because it took over 8 hours for it to download and I don't want to have to start over, if at all possible.
    @Annabellarose I just downloaded the game and then clicked play when it was done. That simple! :smile:
    Nate3300Simmer
    Just hit PLAY. I kept getting a box pop-up at the beginning telling me to change the resolution off of 600x800 (or whatever) but when my husband checked it was already running on the higher resolution. I changed nothing. (Be prepared for the UGLY wallpaper :s )
  • xooemilyxooemily Posts: 133 Member
    I have like no patience of waiting because it takes forever to load but I'll try playing if it's good :joy:
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    I did and so far so good! I only played the first two tutorials and I see that I do have the black box shadow and, if that's the only thing, I can totally deal with it! Did I read somewhere that turning off shadows fixes this? Shadows are not that important to me!