Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims FreePlay on PC

Hi,

TSFP is available on mobile device in the Windows Store.

Why not make it available on PC too ?

Comments

• Options
    Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2015
    I guess it'll be too much work for them as they don't know if/how many people want it. I'm not against the idea of having it on PC :)
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    I've tried it on my tablet but couldn't get into it. But if they made it for PC, I would give it another try.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    It's by a different developer and made for mobile devices. If you want The Sims on PC there are many titles available. The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims Life Stories, The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval, My Sims, The Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Why not make it available on PC? Because they already have. It's called The Sims 4.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Difference is TSFP offers missing content from TS4. :P
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    You can install blue stacks and play the game on the pc. I mean, it's not that hard to figure it out. :|
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2015
    My big problem with TSFP is I'm always offline on my mobile devices (No Wi-Fi, No 4G data) but my computer is always online.
  • Options
    DyingLight wrote: »
    You can install blue stacks and play the game on the pc. I mean, it's not that hard to figure it out. :|

Only if you have Windows 8 or Windows 10...which I don't.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Difference is TSFP offers missing content from TS4. :P
    The games are extremely different:

1. The Sims 4 is a Sims game with simplifid social interactions where the main goal is to collect a huge number of different objects.
    2. The Sims Freeplay doesn't have collectibles but instead a huge number ofhobbies, cloths stores etc.

1. The Sims 4 is made by Maxis in California.
    2. The Sims Freeplay is made by Firemonkeys Studio in Australia. Firemonkeys are experts in games for all mobile platforms - but they usually doesn't make PC games.

1. The Sims 4 is a PC game which has a simplified basegame but is planned to have a huge number of big paid expansions.
    2. The Sims Freeplay is a game for mobile platforms only. It is free to play and will have only free updates.

1. In the Sims 4 you can speed things up if you want because it isn't a realtime game.
    2. The Sims Freeplay is a realtime game where the city is dark and illuminated when it is night where you live. You can speed actions up only by using lifestyle points.

1. The Sims 4 has much less clothings, objects and stores than Freeplay has because such things have been postponed for later paid expansions.
    2. The Sims Freeplay already has a huge number of those things because there was no reason to postpone them. Even so the Sims Freeplay still get a lot of new stuff in updates because this even though it is a free game EA is even more interested in keeping people playing it because people are only tempted to buy unnecessary things if they keep playing the game. As long as EA get a big profit from voluntary purchases EA will probably want Firemonkeys to keep making big updates.

1. The Sims 4 cost hundreds of dollars if you want to buy all its expansions to get the full game.
    2. The Sims Freeplay can be played for free which most players therefore do. This way the few paying players with loose money actually pay for everybody ;)

There is also a version of the Sims Freeplay for Windows Phone. So the problem with the missing version of the Sims Freeplay also has the following reasons:

1. Microsoft hasn't made Windows 8 or 10 able to run apps meant for Windows Phone.
    2. Windows 8 or 10 can now also be run on tablets. But they are primarily meant for PCs which don't have touchscreens.
    3. I would expect Microsoft to solve this problem in a few year by making Windows Phone and the PC version of Windows compatible. This is also necessary if Microsoft want to compete with Apple and Google about winning the market for operating systems to both phones and tablets.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Why not make it available on PC? Because they already have. It's called The Sims 4.

HAHAHA.. <3
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

true :) tho in some ways its better than even the sims 4!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    I would buy it if it was on PC, but they'd have to change the time so that it wasn't based on real life time. They'd have to make it closer to the speed they use for The Sims 4 and other PC games.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I would buy it if it was on PC, but they'd have to change the time so that it wasn't based on real life time. They'd have to make it closer to the speed they use for The Sims 4 and other PC games.
    But then it wouldn't be a free game anymore because nobody would buy lifestyle points to speed their game up. So EA would have to sell it for a high price as they do with TS4.

All "free" games for phones and tablets are usually based on the idea to make it possible for patient gamers to play them for free. But also to get paid by the impatient gamers who would rather pay then wait for tasks to be finished in a natural way. For the game companies the advantage is that they often get about the same income as for paid games. But that "free" games are played by many more gamers. For us gamers the advantage is that we get the games for free if only we can find more games to play while we are waiting for tasks in the "free" game to be finished ;)

Personally I like to play several games at the same time. Therefore I rarely play PC games at all anymore.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to reinstall Free Play and one other game. I mainly don't because I rarely have time to play them. And Sims FreePlay is incredibly slow for me, plus I don't play using my Facebook friends. I only have one FB friend who plays.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    I think I'm going to reinstall Free Play and one other game. I mainly don't because I rarely have time to play them. And Sims FreePlay is incredibly slow for me, plus I don't play using my Facebook friends. I only have one FB friend who plays.
    I don't like to play games that use Facebook friends either. Facebook is in my opinion for my family and old acquaintances only. So I prefer to play using the Game Center instead. The only problem in this is that Game Center only works in iOS.

In android you have to use Google Play instead. This works in the same way that Game Center works in iOS. But Facebook is alas still the only way to connect the iOS version of TSF (and also often other games) with the android version of the game.