Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    LOL meshing "skills" nope I fought with it for about 12 total hours. I've never tried to mesh clothes. But first I want to make a puffy leather lounge chair that I thought up....

but Hubby just got me a Kindle Paperwhite so I've been reading Stephen King's "Misery" all day. No meshing today, just checking out Annie and her craziness :P It is so good.

I love your clothes meshes, particularly the top that's teal. And the one with the bow. I need both of those in my life.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I have an idea for a comp I'll maybe do in the future. It's without judging and stuff and editing is more less forbidden. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested.
  • IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I have an idea for a comp I'll maybe do in the future. It's without judging and stuff and editing is more less forbidden. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested.

How would the winner be chosen?
    35a41sn.gif
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited December 2015
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

How would the winner be chosen?

Voting, kind off.

It's a comp about sims making: it has assignments, of course, and for every assignment you have to make sim: the point is you really have to put your work in it, the people who vote don't know which sim is whos and have to guess from who it is and which sim their favorite is, just the look of the sim, in combination with the assignment.

The person with the most recognizable, unique, and special sims wins. It's all very vague now but I think it is a nice idea to do.

And only simple editing like extra shadows, sharpening etc. is allowed, except it's something special for the assignment.
    Post edited by GITTE2001 on
    That's an interesting idea. Hope you get interest in the comp when you launch it.
    35a41sn.gif
  • FreckledfemlockFreckledfemlock Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2015
    What program did you use to mesh Vana? Because meshing isnt actually all that hard for me it's the texturing that leaves me stumped.

I need to get my butt in gear on finishing those clothes but uni is so hectic and my motivation is in the toilet >_<
    I used Blender to mesh and Blender/Photoshop to texture. Then for actually cloning an object and getting it into TSRW I used Milkshape.

Yeah my motivation's dead too. I know the feeling.
    I'm somewhere between
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited December 2015
    This is my new Sim, Ciara Ford. Sorry about the pictures, the graphics were set on low. I haven't played with many plus size Sims before, so I decided to make one. She is currently living in Roaring Heights. I've had this world for two years, but only played in it twice.

Screenshot-15_zps3mwse7av.png

Screenshot-19_zpsh6bv0gqp.png

Screenshot-25_zpsjoyhdk62.png
    Wow you guys are talented. It sort of inspired me to create my first pose as I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Let me know what you think and how I can improve it. :)

The image is unedited.

23459789882_2e7549d727_h.jpgScreenshot-6 by IncomingVirus, on Flickr
    35a41sn.gif
    Really cute pose Vi! The only thing I can see is the stomach is kinda elongated... did you accidentally grab and pull it? Be careful of that. It can really distort the pose. That's really all I see though to improve! The rest is awesome!
    I'm somewhere between
    Thanks Vana. I think I did as I tried to pull her right hip up but struggled so thought if I pulled the tummy up to the side that it might work. It did work, sort of. Haha. But I will fix it tomorrow. Too lazy now. :p
    35a41sn.gif
  • datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    Is this still going? man I've haven't been here in forever
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry I haven't been in this thread in awhile.

@datscoolest I remember you. :o

Anyway, I made a tumblr!!!!! I also finished my first pose pack....
    tumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o1_540.png
    tumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o5_250.pngtumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o6_250.pngtumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o7_250.png
    tumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o8_250.pngtumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o9_250.pngtumblr_nzl8afT35i1v273i3o10_250.png
    You can download it on my tumblr.
    Post edited by ColorMePink on
    Followed your tumblr! I'm NuclearxWaffles on there. Your pose pack is awesome! I love the one where she's sitting with her legs out in front... that's how I used to take pictures and my grandmother made fun of me XD
    I'm somewhere between
    Followed you! :) Thank you. That pose specifically made me want to throw something, but I knew I had to get it right. Taking pics like that in rl is fun. :D
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Followed you too Vid. I love your pose pack! <3

Quick question, does anybody have any tutorials on how to start meshing clothes?
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • AstralSims777AstralSims777 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi everyone! I like to create cute girls in the Sims 3. UH2llpQW0TA.jpg
    jEIgeJmSqls.jpg

And not only girls :D
    OrkX__SSQ00.jpgAOil_ajTxgU.jpg

And not only cute...
    yOSYezYKkag.jpg

✦✿ My Youtube Channel ✿✦
    edited December 2015
    Erin: Depends on what you wanna use. I know Pixelore anddddd.... wait I don't remember. Oh and Loubellesims on Tumblr, they have some tutorials. I think those use Marvelous Designer 3, which I can't get to work on windows 10 for some reason? But that, Blender, and Milkshape are used.

If you wanna mesh with Blender you can just Youtube general Blender meshing tutorials. That's what I did. Just search up "meshing in Blender" and stuff will pop up for both objects and clothing.

I'm still working out how to get everything to the game.

AstralSims: The purple dude is my life now. Can he be my mascot? He's amazing!

Also randomly to no one, it's December and the ice cream truck went by. I live in the US.

EDIT FOR ERIN: I found the tut set. http://pixelore.tumblr.com/post/135681640913/pixelore-now-streaming-part-9-view-my-channel

Well it's less a tutorial and more a demo, but you can watch them and get a good idea.
    Post edited by Vanadis on
    I'm somewhere between
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Vana: Thankyou! You my good madam, are a life saver! My afternoon Christmas shopping plans will probably be replaced by watching meshing on youtube :D
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    Erin: Yay! I'm glad I could help. If I find a particularly good one I'll shoot it at you.

Wait there is one I know of.

This guy, ZoyncTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2AN_suywZc

We did all our Christmas shopping already, despite the fact that we don't celebrate it. Our relatives do, however. But hubs and I got each other gifts anyway. I got him a flight stick (joystick for playing flying games and space games) and he got me a Kindle Paperwhite. Both were things we'd wanted a long time so we just kinda surprised each other XD

His was more expensive but my grandmother insisted I get it for him, and she went half and half on it with me. She's super into Christmas presents. I'm waiting to see what she got my niece.

Also I'mma be an aunt again, my dude cousin's wife is having a baby. I think a girl too. I dunno what it is when it's your cousin's baby, but both of these are babies of cousins. I just call them my nieces. XD My girl cousin had the cutest baby girl ever. I mean wow, she's so stinkin' cute. I know my dude cousin will make cute babies too, his wife is gorgeous and he is good looking I think. They're also on different sides of the family. The one with the baby is my mom's side (and grandmother's that gives everyone presents. Mom's brother's kid.) The dude cousin is my dad's brother's kid.

So yeah I don't know what you are when your cousins have babies, but I like to think I'm an aunt.
    I'm somewhere between
  • lionesskitty09lionesskitty09 Posts: 1,827 Member
    Love the pose pack Vid!
    25316144021_1a6fd75cf6_b.jpg
  • and-it-is-onand-it-is-on Posts: 1,364 Member
    Kay!! Good to see you :mrgreen:<3<3
    2wn09yb.jpg
    edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas / Happy Yule / Happy Holidays everyone!

My cat got a Christmas bath. She has fleas :( Cause she keeps running outside when I open the door. Maybe she'll learn.

RIP AceKitty's fleas.

OH I forgot there was a point to this. For @LilacErin

This would explain how to get everything into game, meshing-wise.

http://loubellesims.tumblr.com/SoImadeSomething...NowWhat
    Post edited by Vanadis on
    I'm somewhere between
    Popping in really quickly to say...

@Erin Following you. Thanks for following me. <3

@Kay Thanks. That makes me so happy you like them. :D<3

@AstralSims777 Your Sims are so unique.

Did I miss anyone? Anyway...MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone! :)
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    > @AstralSims777 said:
    > Hi everyone! I like to create cute girls in the Sims 3.
    >
    >
    > And not only girls :D
    >
    >
    > And not only cute...

The first one looks so adorable.