Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't put it there!

willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
My sim lives in an apartment and before I noticed what he was doing, he carried something into the common area and put it down. Now I can't pick it up. Is there anything I can do to get it back for him?

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello willow_kidd
    What kind of object is it?

When you click on the item, do you have the option of putting in your Sim's inventory?
    If you do, then move to inventory and later place where you do want the object.

Have you tried using Build or Buy Mode to move the object?
    If the object still can't be move e.g. item in use (some other Sim in the apartment block could be wanting to use it), try the cheat box and moveobjects on. (Remember after moving to use the cheat box again to do moveobjects off.)

Whether the object is in the common area should not matter - my Sim regularly takes the pizza supplied at the weekends! :)

Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
  • willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    Thanks for trying to help!

It was the career reward object for Law Enforcement, the fingerprint scanner. He set it down and it can still be used. But I didn't want to leave it lying around. I usually keep it in his personal inventory when he's done using it. His daughter picked it up and used it after he'd put it down, so it's still usable, just no longer in their apartment.

Buy mode was my first try, but the cursor never turned into a hand over it. Then I tried moveobjectson, but it wouldn't let me pick it up either.

It sucks because I was planning on moving them out of that apartment and into a house, and now I'm afraid I'll have to leave the reward behind.

Granted, I could always just cheat him the reward object again. But I was hoping there was some way the game would allow me to do it 'officially'.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Can't they still use it? - I haven't play apartment much. :blush:
    I don't know if it works right but there is a cheat code to unlock the apartments build/buy-

boolProp aptBaseSpecificToolsDisabled [true/false] Use false to enable build/buy mode tools on an apartment lot

boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled [true/false] Use false to enable build/buy mode tools in an apartment room (can give problems when used outside room).

They'll keep doing it because they just love putting things where we don't want it- on distant, open surfaces.

http://snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello Willow Kidd
    Have you tried getting any of the household Sims to scan inside the apartment?
    Or once they start to scan - give them the "go here" and get them back inside the apartment.
    Hope this helps?