Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your sims live normal or soap opera lives?

pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
Mine right now feel like a big huge soap opera drama life. LOL
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
Post edited by pepperjax1230 on

Comments

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    ehm right now, pretty normal. I dont like too much drama unless i have a sim cut out for it.
    My sims is just exploring being gay in his new gay club. So not much ging on.. When i will get him married to the girl he ever loved and than crave for his first love which will be a man again, it might get dramatic a bit.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    soap opera all the way!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'd have to say normal. I have yet to have a sim have a baby and then age them up to an adult in the same season. :p
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think somewhere between? Or rather that it depends on a household. I tried to count how many I'm playing in my main save and got around 30...
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Soap opera, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Kidnappings
    Affairs
    Unwanted pregnancies
    Illegitimate children
    Parties all the time complete with fights
    Epic intense hatreds (that I have to force because the ai in this game is so happy go friendly)
    Sims returning from the dead
    I even have my power couples and my MFEO and OTP pairings that I constantly go back and forth with shipping.
    Everything must be dramatic. The Go to School mod plays out high school teenage drama so perfectly, and the clubs system makes it even more intense.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    A mix of both, it just depends what happens in game.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I have mixed of stuff in my game. I play rotationally the following:

1- some real life families made into the game leading some normal routine life.
    2- Desperate Housewives main characters which have lots and lots of soap opera elements
    3- The Golden Girls or precisely when each girl was young and in her YA stage. Once they become elder I am moving them together. Right now they are friends though.
    4- Some challenges like Asylum challenge, Elderly care center and Prison challenge
    5- A household of a king and queen and their servants.

All these are in one single file and I really enjoy rotating between them.
    Hopefully soon I will create all the soap opera "Dynasty" characters and play them all in my game. I am a big fan of this show and having Alexis Colby as an enemy with Krystal Carrington and all the cat fights would create lots of drama in my game.

dynasty-movie-in-the-works__oPt.jpg
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Its a mix of both, but I tend to lean toward soap opera like drama. Love triangles, affairs. I even have one sim that kidnaps people and keeps them in his basement. (until the game sets them free when I play another house, lol )
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Mine live soap opera, murder mystery, true crime, serial killer, drama, cheating spouses,apocalypse, anything but normal lives. Normal is too boring for me. I want to play out other lives, other scenarios.....not what I do every day.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Mine live soap opera, murder mystery, true crime, serial killer, drama, cheating spouses,apocalypse, anything but normal lives. Normal is too boring for me. I want to play out other lives, other scenarios.....not what I do every day.

Apocalypse!!! Wow I never thought of that, I want to include that in my game!! Serial killer is so hard to pull off!

I've always wanted natural disasters in sims, seeing a tornado or a hurricane and earthquake or flood and all the drama and romance that ensues would be so epic.
  • Options

Hopefully soon I will create all the soap opera "Dynasty" characters and play them all in my game. I am a big fan of this show and having Alexis Colby as an enemy with Krystal Carrington and all the cat fights would create lots of drama in my game.

I love Dynasty despite not watching it and only hearing about it. I wish I could watch it, that show and Dallas were A grade quality soaps.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

I love Dynasty despite not watching it and only hearing about it. I wish I could watch it, that show and Dallas were A grade quality soaps.

I love Dynasty a lot, I have all the DVDs of all the 9 seasons. I love Dallas too and been rewatching it on a weekly basis for nostalgia. Currently Im in season 7. But Dynasty has more glamour and glitter to it than Dallas. Both these soap operas make a perfect story for the sims 4 if you create the characters. Imagine a J.R. Euing version in the sims!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I don't even have to think about this, soap opera.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited December 2015
    They usually live a normal life, but one of the households that I created, it went like this:

Tom, Lexie (Gorgeous eyes, black hair) and Alice (Gorgeous ginger) started as roommates, this was my second Get To Work household. Alice got in a relationship and engaged. Right before they married, Alice broke up with her fiancé because she was pregnant with Tom. They had a girl (Meredith) and got engaged. Lexie got married and had a girl (Amelia) with a ginger cute boy, but he died in a fire. A couple of weeks later, Tom took the kids to Granite Falls with Lexie while Alice had work to do, and Lexie ended up getting pregnant and they fell in love. The love Tom felt was way stronger than the one he had for Alice,, so he broke up with her and married Lexie, they had a boy (Everest).

Way before this happened, Tom had one night stands with many girls and boys from Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, including Bella Goth. He had 5 kids (not counting the ones in this household).

The kids are teenagers now, I aged them up into Young Adults and moved the three of them to the modern part of Windenburg and they live in this industrial apartment, and it's my second Get Together household. I swear, Meredith looks like her mom (Alice), Amelia looks EXACTLY like her mom (Lexie) and Everest looks like his dad (Tom), so it's kind of like I started all over again with the same characters. It's one of the families I've had so much fun with.

It's so funny because one of the girls has Charisma level 9 or something like that, and she ends up asking her parents for money because we can barely afford the rent.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

Apocalypse!!! Wow I never thought of that, I want to include that in my game!! Serial killer is so hard to pull off!

I've always wanted natural disasters in sims, seeing a tornado or a hurricane and earthquake or flood and all the drama and romance that ensues would be so epic.

I'd love natural disasters also but there have been a lot of players complaining about just the meteors in TS3 that I doubt they'll ever do it. To me it's another challenge to over come.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I don't know if I'd say soap opera... raunchy sitcom might be more accurate. It's Always Sunny in Oasis Springs, Because It's a Plum Desert! or something, I don't know.

Or maybe a trashy daytime talk show. Jerry! Jerry!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    It feels like they live in a Stepford or Truman Show world in which no drama happens and everyone smiles in a Joker way all the time. I think my club needs a ghost in it that can set stuff on fire. I do like deviating from the norm, but it is still hard to with this version of the Sims. The game like restricts Sims to only a certain happy lifestyle.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Mine are mostly normal life but I long for drama, soap opera kind of drama. If something out of the ordinary happens, I let it play out. I am pathetic, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    My sims usually focuses on career and then family! no time for drama :(
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Normal with no social life. No reason it just turns out that way.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've just started really exploring the "soap opera" side of playing. My sims are usually pretty much typical family sims. I've always added a tiny bit of drama here and there, but for the most part they're very normal.

I've just started playing outside my comfort zone. It's fun. But I catch myself falling back into playing normally if I'm not careful. But, hey, 15 years of play style doesn't just go out the window willy nilly like.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    All my games are like a never ending episode of Maury. You are NOT the father! Lol
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Mine live a fairly normal life, maybe a bit on the more luxurious side but not a whole lot of drama. Although, with get to work, workplace drama is pretty fun. (the science career allows me to freeze ray everybody then have a hive mind bladder failure, I love GTW) I play differently all the time. Sometimes I start out sims super rich and never make them work a day, other times they start at the bottom and have to work to the top. But very little relationship drama.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    Mine live a fairly normal life, maybe a bit on the more luxurious side but not a whole lot of drama. Although, with get to work, workplace drama is pretty fun. (the science career allows me to freeze ray everybody then have a hive mind bladder failure, I love GTW) I play differently all the time. Sometimes I start out sims super rich and never make them work a day, other times they start at the bottom and have to work to the top. But very little relationship drama.

Workplace drama is one of the most fun. Having all the workers in a relationship with each other, having affairs, hating each other, and having that all play out in front of customers and patients is hilarity.

I can see the patients staring at the bickering doctors in their room wondering what the heck is going on!
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I've just started really exploring the "soap opera" side of playing. My sims are usually pretty much typical family sims. I've always added a tiny bit of drama here and there, but for the most part they're very normal.

I've just started playing outside my comfort zone. It's fun. But I catch myself falling back into playing normally if I'm not careful. But, hey, 15 years of play style doesn't just go out the window willy nilly like.

Some advice for the family players whose sims lead normal lives and wanna spice it up, remember even if you break up a family or cause a couple strife, you can always bring them back together after some time has passed if you really like them. It feels absolutely satisfying because you're yearning for them to make it and when they do its wonderful. Though they return with baggage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top