Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Silly things you thought were true when you were little

2...Next

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I thought that women got pregnant from kissing their husbands. :s
    I thought it was hand holding. :D

6JSxk49.png?1
  • stalesfostalesfo Posts: 70 Member
    I used to think those little yellow dandelions died when they closed up at night, so my great grandmother found a bunch in her trashcan and had to explain to me that they were asleep. I still like to blow on the kind that drift through the air. :)
    All New Saraste Tales Spirit Animal/Legacy Challenge!
    Saraste Tales Intro
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I thought that the states in the United states were actually countries.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    When I was a little brat I genuinely believed that the world did not develop colour until the sixties.... I was a veeerrrry gullible kid :sweat_smile:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    One Halloween, my aunt told me that there was a witch who lived on the moon and she was going to visit their house that night.

It was a ploy to get me to stay over at their house. I did believe her, but I didn't feel like staying over just to see the witch, as much as I would've liked to see that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    You know how lots of people tell kids babies come from the stork? Well, I knew that wasn't true because I had a pregnant kindergarten teacher. So instead, what I believed is adults randomly woke up pregnant.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    One Christmas while listening to "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", it hit me -

"...He sees you when you're sleepin'-" what is this old man watching me sleeping for? If I'm asleep, I'm not bulling anyone!
    "-He knows when you're awake..." oh great! Now he's watching me through binoculars (I guess) getting up and getting my morning started!

I'm being Stalked by Santa! I actually got scared!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I used to think that eating pumpkin seeds would make you grow pumpkins inside of your body. :P

I also used to think that everything pre-1960 was actually black & white. Imagine my surprise when I learned that color has always existed in life. :D
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I thought people were trapped inside mannequins as a child and I would cry and cry whenever I mum brought me shopping and we'd walk by them - nearly frantic lol!!

Even to this day, they creep me out :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Kdubz18Kdubz18 Posts: 82 Member
    When I was little, I used to think that there were ghosts in my basement, back when our basement was just concrete floor and insulation. My sister and I wouldn't leave each other alone downstairs when we were playing. If she left me and ran up the stairs, I wouldn't cry and run up after her because I didn't want to be left alone. Fast forward to adulthood, definitely not ghosts, but it was definitely cold and creepy in the basement...
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited December 2015
    Everything could give you HIV. Hurt your toe outside? It was definitely an HIV-infected needle.

...don't leave paranoid children alone with books.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,898 Member
    Eating too much ketchup will cause worms to grow in your stomach.
  • ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    When I was little there used to be a DIY store next to the supermarket, it had written "Do it yourself!" in huge letters on it and I was like: Whoa such a mean store :'(:D
  • jellywuzherejellywuzhere Posts: 141 Member
    edited December 2015
    I believed that eating an apple seed would make you grow an apple tree in your stomach.
    I also thought that Dora was real (she's not :'( )
    I thought that space had a floor where giant people watched us.
    I also believed that space had a roof.
    “Did you know that ‘I told you so’ has a brother, Jacob?” she asked, cutting me off. “His name is ‘Shut up.’”- Breaking Dawn
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I was so gullible as a young child...

-I thought that I would die if I ate toothpaste.
    -I thought that guys could get pregnant too. (This leads to a super awkward story that my parents love telling. I'll save it for another time...)
    -I always avoided vents and air ducts because I thought that I would be sucked into them.
    -I hated going into those little playground tower tunnel tube maze things (don't know what they're called exactly) because I thought they would close up and trap me in forever...
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
    Lol awww mate that is just too adorable!!! :D:star:
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    -In movies, when they show the main character at a younger age and then later at an older age, I thought they had to start filming when the actor was younger and then wait 10-20 years for the actor to grow up so they could finish.
    -Because of Toy Story I thought my toys could come to life when I wasn't around, but this actually terrified me and I had nightmares about it for years.
    -I used to think little elves had to paint all the lines in the road.
    -This one is a little bit gory, but when I was really little I went hiking with my parents, siblings, uncle, and cousins, and we had the unfortunate luck of seeing a dismembered deer leg in the woods. Everyone was looking at it and saying how sad it was and speculating what happened, and then I said, "Maybe the deer ran too fast down the hill and its legs fell off?" It took me a couple of years to comprehend why nobody took this suggestion seriously.
    44444.gif
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    When I was little I used to believe that when you turned off the gaming consoles the in game characters would be sleeping until you turned it back on again.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    @MelanieSimlish That last part is such a Tina thing to say!! :joy:<3<3<3

@wolfkomoki1 Nawww stahp I can't handle too much cuteness!!! :star:<3

This thread is wonderful cheers for the smiles op :star:
  • Ping YoPing Yo Posts: 1,263 Member
    when I was little, I always thought the people who worked at the grocery store lived in the store, so when I walked through the store with my mom I would always contemplate how they ever met up with their families, or even where they slept, so I asked my mom one day where the employees slept, and that gave her a really good laugh. she told me they didn't live in the store ._. I also thought when I was little that I would always be normal. haha you crazy little kid..
    ]