Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 vs The Sims Freeplay

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims FreePlay
Hi,

Do you play to The Sims Freeplay ? Is it like The Sims 1 ?

What do you think about the gameplay if you compared it to The Sims 4 ?

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS4 is basically a more polished version of TSF except it has no toddlers.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Freeplay hands down. Open world and toddlers.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    TSF has toddlers? *Face palm
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Sims Freeplay is a disgrace to the Sims franchise.

Those that have not even played the Sims and only play Freeplay give the real Simmers a bad image.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    TSF is nothing like TS1
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I play/played it on iPad. The similarity to the sims 4 is uncanny. (Obviously not graphics wise and the fact that it has todllers)

Ts4 is a pc version of the mobile game. And since the producer of ts4 has her roots from the mobile game side, you can see where the inspiration for ts4 came from.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Open world? Lol
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Astro wrote: »

Open world? Lol
    Lol, how quickly people forget what open world is. Next people will say freeplay has story progression.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    I played freeplay a loooooong time ago, so it may be different now, but from what I remember it's really nothing like TS4 at all.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Freeplay offers quality gameplay over this junk :weary:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Freeplay has lost it's charm it was presented with in 2011. ever since they introduced forced death. I quit. Honestly Sims 4 is better. Sims freeplay is okay when your traveling.
    TSF has toddlers? *Face palm

Ugly toddlers.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Not really open you have to go through a loading screen to get to the world map.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

And no pre-teens, no grass and well SIms 4 is basically the expensive beta of Sims freeplay. On that note, freeplay was on my phone for not even 30 min before I deleted it in disgust of having to buy a fireplace. No goals :s
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2015
    Its much better than The sims one for me and it had so much family play and other cool content and gameplay!

At the moment freeplay is more fun than the sims 4
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    The Sims 4 easily.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I mean it's like any other apps you can find and basically you use a lot of time to wait for your sims to do actions. I like the Sims 4 more. Much more. But freeplay is okay, I mean I could play it but I usually like playing on computers more and with more detail so I like the sims 4 :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    Freeplay is an app game, you really can't compare it to the pc game. I liked it for what it was: an app game. But The Room blows Freeplay out of the water as an app game.

Freeplay is fulfilling tasks, and hours of doing nothing but waiting. Comparable to the farming games that are out there. I can't play it by the way, I think my iPad's too old to handle the game any longer. It won't open. When that would happen to my pc game I'd be at wits' end, but for Freeplay I didn't really care. It saves me a lot of lost hours at breakfast and dinner, taking care of everyone, which to be quite honest is a grind.

One thing though: the life stages in the game are perfect. If only they'd copy that to the pc game...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I despise the way SFP is played (personally), it is just not what I want out of a simming experience. That said it has a lot of awesome features from what I've seen, it's just not my style. SFP has more to do, but the way Sims 4 is played is more "sims" like imo.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    What the, you dislike sims 4 because it has no toddlers and like freeplay because it has them.
    You need to wait hours to do something in freeplay. Sims 4 is fun even without toddlers.

AND I REPEAT YOU CANT COMPARE A MOBILE GAME With A COMPUTER GAME.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    That game is creepy, all the sims look like "Chucky" dolls with "Madonna" teeth. At least they have more detailed everyday hair, clothes, oh and Toddlers!
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2015
    TSF handles life stages so much better. It is similar to the Sims 4 in the quest focused aspect of the game. The sprites that came with the recent update are adorable. It has more supernaturals and NPCs too. Honestly I think it is about equal quality to TS4. Just a casual game you play for a few minutes and put down and play other games much longer like TS2 and Splatoon.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TSF is boring in the beginning when you have too few sims and too few buildings. But I now play it on my iPad with 33 sims and with 30 sims on my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet. With 63 sims to take care of it isn't boring at all! :) (I would just play it on my phone too if that was the case. But playing it on two tablets is already too much.)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Freeplay has lost it's charm it was presented with in 2011. ever since they introduced forced death. I quit.
    I didn't like the orbs idea either. But actually you are never forced to kill your normal sims who you have been playing for a long time. You only have to wait until you level up and can create new sims who you create only with the purpose of killing them later to get orbs. Therefore I now find the obs idea to be quite acceptable.

• iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
    > @foussi said:
    > What the, you dislike sims 4 because it has no toddlers and like freeplay because it has them.
    > You need to wait hours to do something in freeplay. Sims 4 is fun even without toddlers.
    >
    > AND I REPEAT YOU CANT COMPARE A MOBILE GAME With A COMPUTER GAME.

I miss toddler so much however many simmers have this thing for toddlers that I don't. I agree, the games can not be compared. TSF reminds me of the Nintendo DS versions of TS3. Even though it may appear open world, there are many restrictions to playing and enjoying TSF. I'll take TS4 hands down.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    The main reason I don't like Free Play is because it's strictly goal oriented. Also, it forces you to play in real time. I have a life to live. I don't have time to spend on my tablet day in and day out waiting to complete a quest.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!