Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

child/older sim dance together interaction

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I know that this interaction exists. I remember doing it years ago but I don't remember how I got them to do it. I remember it being the cutest thing I saw in the sims since the first time I saw two toddlers huggling. I looked it up on the internet, including sims wikia and found little on this interaction.
Could someone please help me with this?
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I don't think that Sims need to have music to dance with each other.
    Have your child Sim click on a teen or an adult Sim and the option should be available to dance - no matter the level of friendship.
    With toddlers, there are not a lot of interactions for both of them to do but I think 'huddle' is one of them. If my Sim has twins I usually get them to do this as it is so cute as well as playing on the table for drawing and building blocks. Friendships grow quickly by using the table between child with toddlers or toddlers with toddlers.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I tried to get my adult sim and child sim to dance together and it doesn't come up as an option. Do I need to have a certain ep installed for it to work or maybe a the dance skill or enthusiasm at a certain level? Free will is already on. Do I need to lower their fun level?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I think this interaction needs The Sims 2 Free Time expansion pack.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I think this interaction needs The Sims 2 Free Time expansion pack.
    I think you might be right - I can't remember if this interaction happened before then.
    @simgirl542
    I don't think any dance skill or enthusiasm is required - some new families I have just created are often dancing together waiting at the gate of their new home! :) This should increase their fun level and also enthusiasm for music & dance.
    Free Time is installed. I have their motives on static right now, I forgot how to make them dynamic again, as it's been over a year since I played TS2, do I need to lower their fun level?
    edited December 2015
    I remember what I did for the motives. I used the cheat Motivedecay on/off. I found it when I put help into the cheat box.
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I remember what I did for the motives. I used the cheat Motivedecay on/off. I found it when I put help into the cheat box.
    You don't need to lower fun levels by cheats - if the fun level is good, then use that time to study/do homework and do fun things to make it good again.
    I try to play as the game was intended - occasionally adding familyfunds or the cheat maxmotives (if it really is necessary and my Sim is on the brink of death! :( )
    I just want to know how to get a sim child and an older sim to dance together. Could it be a interaction that came with AL?
    I just want to know how to get a sim child and an older sim to dance together. Could it be a interaction that came with AL?

Apartment Life did bring the interaction "Dance Kiss" but there is nothing in the booklet about this interaction. I have also looked through the other Sims2 Expansion Pack Guides but could not find this specific interaction.
    Perhaps the transaction only applies to relatives?

Do you have all the expansion packs?
    If not, there are a few forum posts about how to receive The Sims Ultimate Collection for free.

Hope this helps? :)
    I do have all of the expansions but no interest in installing all of them. As for the ultimate collection, I looked into it but discovered that it's an offer that expired in June?, but if someone knows of a way that I could still get it, then, tell me, please. I didn't know about it until recently and I am interested in it if I can get it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't know which expansion it came with- I would guess it was Freetime. It's an option for Children to ask an older family member (I think family only but don't hold me to it). :)
    I do have all of the expansions but no interest in installing all of them. As for the ultimate collection, I looked into it but discovered that it's an offer that expired in June?, but if someone knows of a way that I could still get it, then, tell me, please. I didn't know about it until recently and I am interested in it if I can get it.
    If you have all the expansions, you don't require the Ultimate Collection and suspect you would not be interested in installing that either.
    Each expansion pack of The Sims2 comes with different interactions - all supporting each other for a more complete game of life.
    If you opt not to install, it is your choice; I assume you did purchase them with the reason that you wanted to play them?
    I did purchase them to play them back when they were in the stores, but I've been experiencing some video issues with the game on my windows 8.1 computer and I don't plan on pushing it too much.
    I have freetime and apartment life installed along with the ep that came with my deluxe edition base game. The only other one(s) that I want to install is going to be seasons and maybe university.
    If the ultimate collection is available, I would love to have it if I could and I would be willing to put all of the games into my computer. I mean, if it'll work on my computer better then my physical copies do. How do I get it?

@Rflong7, I know what the interaction is, I just don't know what the requirements for it are. The last/only time I was able to do it was about five years ago and I don't know what I did. I just know that I did it.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    You could contact Customer Support and tell them you're having problems with the game on your 8.1 Windows and read you could get the UC to get it to work.
    It might be a year late but people are still getting it because EA still has it available on Origin- if they want to give it. I know it can take a few tries with different CS people but it's worth trying.

Good Luck. :mrgreen:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I know that this interaction exists. I remember doing it years ago but I don't remember how I got them to do it. I remember it being the cutest thing I saw in the sims since the first time I saw two toddlers huggling. I looked it up on the internet, including sims wikia and found little on this interaction.
    Could someone please help me with this?

I checked this in game just now and an adult or teen can click on a child which brings up the dance together interaction then the child dances on top of the adult/teens feet, I had never seen this before until this week and its so cute............. :)
  • hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    In my opionion Ultimate Collection does not work any better than the disks do and maybe not as well. It's redeeming feature is that you can still reinstall the game if one of your disks gets damaged which is what happened to me. But the entire package is a 10 Gb download and took me 3 days the first time and 4 the second. It is supposed to be a complete collection but it is missing the University buildings in the Lot bin. And when I added my original lot catalog it does not show my original Uni buildings. They show up in my Uni neighborhood but not in the Lot Bin.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    > @simgirl542 said:
    > I just want to know how to get a sim child and an older sim to dance together. Could it be a interaction that came with AL?

Yes! It came with AL, I know it for sure.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    Thank you, @garapoes. I just recently installed AL. My sim child is a toddler so I haven't had a chance to try it out with this EP installed. I'll post an update if I get it to work. Unfortunately I can't seem to get any of my videos or pictures to actually open for others when I post them here.

If the ultimate collection is no better then then the disks then could someone tell me when I play on my disk version, why the picture flickers on occasion? Sometimes the entire house's furnishings disappear then reappear. I can deal with it if it's a graphic card issue. As annoying as it is, it only lasts for a short time then it's fine and for me, it beats dealing with the lagging and the crashing that I was dealing with while playing sims 3. That's why I came back to sims 2.

I do know that I need to have Best Buy use their Jedi powers and do a defrag or whatever the bi-yearly clean up is called, but I'm going to wait until after the holidays to call them. Hopefully they can do some of those updates that are available online too. (just not to windows 10)