Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else regret buying this?

124...Next

Comments

• SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    personally, i really enjoy the OR content in my game :D
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • BumminDorkBumminDork Posts: 67 Member
    I love camping and the whole outdoor idea so I'm actually still playing it and enjoying it. I just wish it was less of a vacation place and a place that our sims could actually live at.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited November 2015
    I haven't bought Outdoor Retreat yet but I just realised I need it for one of my stories about two Sims who grow up together before they fall in love, I need a Tent so they can Camp out in their Backyards xD I didn't really like the Pack allot when it first released but I've grown to wanting the Pack now lol

Oh! And the Squeamish Trait is one of my must haves, I'm Squeamish myself so yeah lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • ItsyourgirlVItsyourgirlV Posts: 8 New Member
    I would have gladly paid $20 for a pack of new CAS items and gotten more use out of it then Outdoor Retreat. Finding the hermit is the interesting part that is only fun the first time. The campfire gathering is nice but gets boring fast and the sims can't go hiking together and there is only so much horseshoe or table games I want to watch my sims play. The person in the bear suit and the ranger constantly stalking your sim is just scary. I find it more fun to just travel my sims to the normal parks in Willow Creek/Oasis/Newcrest instead of renting a space. I did do one proposal there once but again, after the first time...

On the other hand I do think that for playing a loner trait sim or to focus on two sims relationship without distractions a cabin in the woods situation is helpful, storywise.
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I'm sorry that you had a negative experience. Hopefully future expansions or game/stuff packs will add more objects and features you can use to make-over Granite Falls into a destination world you'll enjoy!

I do recommend Spa Day. I was skeptical at first. Though I was pleasantly very surprised with it. I admit that I love it so much more than Outdoor Retreat. Mainly because it came with more objects which are super versatile for my play-style. The massage tables and saunas at home really spruce up more expensive residences! I'm also in love with the drink tray and yoga mats.

Back on topic, for me Outdoor Retreat is nice when I want a break for my sims. And, I feel it provides a pretty realistic camping experience. It can be like "living in a forest". But, I generally send my sims to the deep woods, use bb.enablefreebuild to change the hermit's house into a private campground and let my sims rough it out there without any outside campers. Just them and a wandering hermit. It's perfect!

I feel that Outdoor Retreat, or any content for TS4 can be good or bad, depending on what you make of it. :)
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2015
    @aws200 wrote: »
    $20 down the drain indeed, it offers nothing but the base game boring lame lackluster closed world experience. The bear costume is very annoying with everyone wearing it and the dumb massive leaf hair is just....*epic facepalm* Renting a cabin or placing a tent didn't do anything to change up the gameplay as it was just either a home lot or a rabbit hole. Yippie rabbit holes and home lots, I paid $20 for more of those? Yawn! -_- Not to mention all you did was walk around the barren wasteland they claim to be a 'forest'. There's no life to it, just copy and pasted trees, same trees same rocks same grass all over the place. Where's the wild life? Where's the ambient sounds? No where. They failed to bring life and enjoyable experiences to The Sims 4 yet again (just like the base game) and act like this $20 purchase will be a life changing phenomenon. Also when you watch their trailers they're always false advertising their products, and yet get away with it! Got to love that. Thieves.

Lol there was no false advertising, you got what you paid for. they didn't show anything in the trailer than what was in the game. they arent theives you were just silly enough to throw your money away on something you don't enjoy
  • Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't regret it, but then I actually like camping, so yeah...

My sims go on vacations quite a lot and I love and use most of the CAS/Build Mode items so for me it's worth it.
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • TirrealTirreal Posts: 84 Member
    after playing Sims 3 World adventure, I find this lacking. The concept is great, just needed more, perhaps adventures in the great outdoors? non-rabbit hole caves to explore, make them like gtw and have that sim load in to the cave and the other left to fend for their own. insect breading so you don't have to spend your whole vacation tracking down that one bug to make your "herb" potion
    tumblr_n4nkyvHMpK1t1hfamo1_1280.jpg
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    edited December 2015
    Tirreal wrote: »
    after playing Sims 3 World adventure, I find this lacking. The concept is great, just needed more, perhaps adventures in the great outdoors? non-rabbit hole caves to explore, make them like gtw and have that sim load in to the cave and the other left to fend for their own. insect breading so you don't have to spend your whole vacation tracking down that one bug to make your "herb" potion

Would have been good to see a bit more in the game of course; but it is perhaps unfair to compare it to World Adventures, considering that at the original price of both games (at least here in the UK) World Adventures cost twice as much (and that's ignoring any inflation since it's release). Therefore, I think you'd only really expect about half as much content (or even less than half actually- it's only 1/3rd more expensive than the Sims 3 Stuff packs remember and you got little new gameplay and no new 'worlds' there at all).

I think the pack succeeds fairly well at what it sets out to do. The world itself whilst small is very beautiful (great for building in etc.) and there are quite a number of nice objects for camping/ building etc. I don't really use the gameplay so I can't really comment on that; but considering that it's half the price of the Expansion Pack, I feel that it was still worth the money (which wasn't that much at all for me personally) to get what was offered. :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i have no regrets on buying get toghter its a great ep
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Even though I don't send my sims camping that much I do use the stuff in it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TirrealTirreal Posts: 84 Member
    I guess your right TheMatteo0, I just though they were missing a few things to make it great, once you go camping once or twice, you only need to go back for the insects if they spawn in time :)
    tumblr_n4nkyvHMpK1t1hfamo1_1280.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't send my Sims camping all that much (though with the Paint From Reference interaction that was added a few patches ago I've fitted out one of the cabin lots with a bunch of easels and send my painters there for unique artworks), but I really like the Build Mode items like wood flooring and paneling, plus additional trees and shrubbery -- I use those in many of my builds. And I love a lot of the CASsets, especially for kids -- some very cute shirts, and the hiking boots make a great alternative to sneakers for wear with jeans or overalls. I also enjoy having the additional garden plants for my garden, even though I haven't gotten into the Herbalism skill yet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't mind the tents etc. or the camp fire for my homeless Sims, but I skipped this one, and it's like some stuff packs in all these games, it will have to be a huge discount if I got it at all. Collecting (which seems to have a very strong presence of one of the things to do in this GP) is not my thing. So, other than using the objects on a home lot, it would be a waste of money to me. It's not like TS2's vacation in the mountains with more activities to do in that one area, and or like TS1's vacation destination with the snow etc. and winter fun in the mountains. So, other than a few object it would be a waste to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    Well I found a bundle of this game pack with spooky, and cool kitchen I think.
    Needless to say I am still a lil iffy about it... and I paid less than 15$!!! their actual normal price is 40$...
    So, I would say no. but had i pay normal price absolutely i would had regretted it!
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I don't regret buying it but I do regret all of the hours I spent searching uselessly for insects that never appeared due to a game bug. Not cool EA, not cool
  • SimmerSparklezzzSimmerSparklezzz Posts: 875 Member
    I wouldn't know, I only really buy the ep's

S91Echo.gif?1
  • SIMS7LOVESIMS7LOVE Posts: 12 New Member
    I think it's fun:p
  • brenna29brenna29 Posts: 73 Member
    I really like the expansion pack mainly because of the CAS items. Some people arent a fan, but i actually really like most of the clothes and hair and tend to use them often. Even though I dont go camping often, its fun to gain the herbalism skill and see what you can create. Also, i really like some of the building items, and having weenie roasts