Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 game isn't starting... help?

I haven't played the Sims 3 in a while, and it is my favorite installment of the Sims so I wanted to play it tonight.
The little blue start screen works really well, and I hit play, and a black screen comes up.
It won't do anything... any suggestions??
Thanks,
Mara

Comments

• HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    I forgot to mention, it keeps shutting itself down whenever I click on it. It shows me a black screen for a few seconds, and then it closes. The icon is still in my taskbar, but it still happens every time.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    In order to point to or rule out issues with your computer system, we would need to know more about it first. Please run a dxdiag report and paste it into this thread in several sections -- it will be too long to fit into one or two posts.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Also, please tell us how many EPs you are running, which ones, and whether you have the new TS3 patch that was released through Origin last month -- your Launcher would say 1.69 directly on it if you do.

Or, if you are playing on a Mac, as we would need to have a different conversation.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > In order to point to or rule out issues with your computer system, we would need to know more about it first. Please run a dxdiag report and paste it into this thread in several sections -- it will be too long to fit into one or two posts.

>
    > Also, please tell us how many EPs you are running, which ones, and whether you have the new TS3 patch that was released through Origin last month -- your Launcher would say 1.69 directly on it if you do.
    >
    > Or, if you are playing on a Mac, as we would need to have a different conversation.

Thank you for your help, but I got it to work.