Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ SIMCOM ☆☆

Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
Simcom%20banner.jpg

Hi everyone and welcome to SimCom.
SimCom is short for The Simming Community, together with a few of my favourite people from the Sims forums we hope to entertain you highlighting a variety of sims activities and features.
We hope this thread will become highly interactive for you in any area you choose, each section will have an interactive part to it where you can get involved, nominate people, be creative, submit creations and also chat.

Also you will find The Gazette Interviews have moved over here and now has a fresh new look and renamed The Simformer to be a part of this wonderful thread.

Firstly I would like to introduce you to the wonderful people that helped bring this together:
@lisa17ann, @pebblycat, @pammiechick, @mommataurus2 oh and me @Cbear13.

We are a crazy bunch of ladies that have a huge addiction to this game and would like to share with you our areas of passion.
You can find a table of contents below with direct links to each area of SimCom.
Each of us will be updating our own sections and we will inform you by a new post when we have done so. There is no time frame on this so that we can enjoy this experience as much as you and do it in our own free time. So keep your eyes peeled.

We do ask that everyone be respectful to everyone while using this thread, anyone being rude or disrespectful will never be showcased or advertised in anyway. This thread is purely for the enjoyment for the community if you have any issues please message myself or one of the lovely ladies listed above who run this thread with me.

We hope you all enjoy this as much as we are and we cant wait to have some fun with you.

Table%20of%20Contents.jpg

1. News and advertising
2. The Simformer (Simmers Interviews) by @Cbear13
3. Lisas Magical Land by @lisa17ann
4. Mommas Neighbourhood by @mommataurus2
5. Pebblycats Corner by @Pebblycat
6. Pammiechicks Story Picks by @pammiechick
7. Cbears Creative Studio by @Cbear13
8. Lizie's Lounge by @Liziann1

New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
Post edited by Cbear13 on

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited May 2017
    News%20and%20advertising.jpg
    Welcome to SimCom News and Advertising!
    Here we will bring you some news from around the simming community and forums and also advertise some community threads like competitions and other threads that involve the community to be interactive.
    If you would like your community thread advertised please post of message me (Cbear13) and I will endeavour to have it mentioned here.

Newest pack: The Sims 4 Parenthood: Official Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW6kougM6w

I don't know about you guys but the stuff in this pack looks pretty awesome, I especially like the world globe.... oh and BUTLERS are back!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTGTljAkmM
    The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff: Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRyw_4y8mrc
    The Sims 4 City Living: Official Apartments Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aPWkzdqqM
    The Sims 4 City Living: Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q3FeZnxuM
    THE SIMS 4 - The game we all love so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vvwg48iNE
    The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff: Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB5czPFW2Ag
    The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff: Official Trailer

Wow how fun do both these packs look? I have to say these latest packs have brought so much cute, colorful and fun stuff to decorate and play with. I cant wait to create and build.

If you built something amazing with the new packs please share on the thread

Community%20Competitions.jpg
    If you would like your competition advertised please post or send me a message

There are plenty of competitions around the forums for all aspects of the sims, here are a few of the building competitions hosted by myself and other wonderful simmers, even if your not one to enter the threads are a lot of fun and the entries are definitely worth checking out.

Quality Control Competitions

Quality%20Control%20comps.png
    The Quality Control franchise has 3 separate competitions, a weekly room competition, a two weekly build competition and a monthly build competition. The two build challenges have their own sim creation challenges that you can enter on their own.
    Check them out here:
    Quality Control Contest
    QC Create a Room Contest
    QC Monthly Contest

We have some amazing challenges going on right now so whether your a novice or an experienced builder head on over and join the fun
    Links to all winning builds and entries can be found on the competition threads.

Build-N-Share Competitions

You have to check out the BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGES, this amazing competition has been around for a long time and cater for all types of builders. The great thing about this comp is you can even enter using CC, all challenges are judged via pictures and require you to show off your amazing entries in slideshow.

Check out the Build-N-Share Competition here: Build-N-Share Competition

One room, One week, One theme

i2li8o5.jpg
    For a bit of fun without the worry of competiting try out:
    One room, One week, One theme hosted by the lovely @rosemow
    Some amazing weekly themes so jump in and have some fun.

Storyteller%20banner.png
    For all your writers out there and want a challenge check out the Short Story Challenges hosted by the lovely @Carewren123. You can find the thread here: Short Story Challenges

If you would like to add some news from your competition please contact me by posting on this thread or messaging me.

Community%20Threads.jpg

The Gazette has moved and will now join us here at SimCom with a new name The Simformer, with all your favourite simmers still being interviewed The Simformer (found here). With a new look I will continue to do interviews in my spare time to keep you entertained.

For all you aspiring writer's out there please head over to the Writers' Lounge (found here) hosted by the lovely @CathyTea. It is a great thread to hang out and find some new stories to read.

We hope to bring you some more amazing news and community threads to keep your eyes out for so please let me know if there is one you love and would like to see featured here.

Happy simming!

✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    edited June 2016
    The%20Simformer%20Banner.jpg
    Welcome to The Simformer newspaper.

Always wondered who these amazing people are we chat 2 everyday, what they are about and how they get inspired to do what they do? I know I have. So here we are, a Sims4 newspaper for the community to learn a little more about the person behind the avatar.

We want to be clear that all interviews are strictly sims related unless the interviewed person would like to add something to it form their own perspective.

You are welcome to comment after each interview and chat to your favorite builder, sim creator or sims4 talent.
    Also feel free to nominate anyone you would like to learn more from and I will endeavour to interview them.

The interviews are formally the Gazette interviews that were moved over to SimCom and given a fresh new look, therefore will continue with Issue numbers

THE SIMFORMER INTERVIEWS
    Interviews by @Cbear13
    All past Interviews can be found in the Archives

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

OUT NOW
    The Simformer ~ Issue One Hundred and Seven

Issue%20107%20Maladi777%20pg1.jpg
    Page 2
    Issue%20107%20Maladi777%20pg2.jpg
    Origin ID: Maladi
    Forum ID: @Maladi777
    Gallery Link: Maladi777 Gallery
    Blog: Maladi's Blog

The Simformer ~ Issue One Hundred and Six
    Issue%20106%20popettypop2012%20pg1.jpg
    Page 2
    Issue%20106%20popettypop2012%20pg2.jpg
    Origin ID: popettypop2012
    Forum ID: @popettypop2012
    Gallery Link: popettypop2012 gallery
    Showcase Link: Popettypop's Creations
    Pictured Simself: Simself
    Pictured Lot 1: Romantic Garden Playhouse
    Pictured Lot 2: Christmas Toy Shop
    Pictured Lot 3: Tudor Cottage W/Garden

The Simformer ~ Issue One Hundred and Five
    Issue%20105%20ra3rei%20pg1.jpg
    Page 2
    Issue%20105%20ra3rei%20pg2.jpg
    Page 3
    Issue%20105%20ra3rei%20pg3.jpg
    Origin ID: ra3rei
    Forum ID: @ra3rei
    Gallery Link: ra3rei Gallery
    Story Thread: FROM THE FORTRESS
    Blog: Raerei's Fortress

If you want to catch up on all past interviews you can find them in the Archives here:
    The Simformer Archives

Places and Countries Reached:

Australia: @Cbear13 (Interview Reporter / Editor/ Issue 31), @Pebblycat (Issue 26), @follyfoot (Issue 47), @chips46 (Issue 99), @popettypop2012 (Issue 106)
    South Africa: @zita1966z (Issue 4), @Issabella14 (Issue 3), @BobSkellington (Issue 12).
    Sweden: @Manssom (Issue 5)
    USA: @WrathofCath (Issue 6), @pammiechick (Issue 7), @BryonyRae (Issue 8), @SpecterCody (Issue 10), @CathyTea (Issue 14),
    @petalbot (Issue 16), @Penguinwa101 (Issue 17), @BBQPenguinWings (Issue 19), @BreeMiles (Issue 20),
    @RABOOSKI (Issue 11), @RethaSim (Issue 22), @LeslieM25 (Issue 24), @gmcrozier (Issue 25), @Cassee (Issue 29), @Chris2fer03 (Issue 32), @Tiki5872 (Issue 33), @BUTTONSGINGER (Issue 35), @SWSRogueLeader (Issue 39), @mommataurus2 (Issue 43), @MizoreYukii (Issue 44), @chopin27 (Issue 48), @nastyjman (Issue 49), @Carewren123 (Issue 51), @Brennachan (Issue 53), @EuphorialQueen (Issue 54), @Eliavah (Issue 56), @Ash072 (Issue 57), @Rorygilmore34 (Issue 58), @ladyloial (Issue 60), @Dec3338 (Issue 64), @mojot89 (Issue 68), @sabreene (Issue 69), @MaggiSimmer (Issue 70), @Spacey72659 (Issue 74), @Lonnykins (Issue 77), @BADABLONDE (Issue 80), @putacece4lyfe (Issue 81), @ENolan (Issue 82), @Jes2G (Issue 85), @PixelsSquared (Issue 86), @CitizenErased14 (Issue 87), @Vihisha (Issue 90), @Ulfric_Grimbrand (Issue 91), @JordanNicoleJJ (Issue 92), @thegizky (Issue 94), @PeachyKeen88 (Issue 95), @OJenn (Issue 96), @Karababy52 (Issue 97), @KitDragonFlight (Issue 102), @JasonAnthonySterling (Issue 103), @sunnyshay (Issue 104), @ra3rei (Issue 105)
    New Zealand: @Munterbacon (Issue 9)
    Germany @Hattys (Issue 13), @PavlaProvaz (Issue 21), @YaraZen (Issue 52), @YJB19299 (Issue 55), @lionpaws (Issue 61), @Anemone7 (Issue 66), @Julyvee94 (Issue 88)
    Belgium @yanti68 (Issue 23), @Dynah (Issue 67),
    Chile, South America @Ginzu19 (Issue 15),
    Liverpool, England @lisa17ann (Issue 18)
    Yorkshire, England: @Weathie (Issue 71)
    France: @isleroux (Issue 28)
    United Kingdom: @masajo (Issue 31), @Liziann1 (Issue 50), @SummerFalls (Issue 63), @SakuraLeon (Issue 72), @ThePlumbob (Issue 78), @PoppieGirl (Issue 89), @jolasim (Issue 101)
    Philippines: @pronterus (Issue 34)
    Brazil: @vethesims (Issue 36)
    The Netherlands: @Twiggy (Issue 37)
    Poland: @kreatora (Issue 38)
    Canada: @oblivion627 (Issue 40), @luthienrising (Issue 75),
    Namibia: @GuruFanNo1 (Issue 42)
    Bulgaria: @DavidMCSessy (Issue 45)
    Andalusia, Spain: @AIRIS6962 (Issue 46)
    Malaysia: @BabyCarrotz (Issue 59), @eXokamikaze (Issue 62), @Rojo De Guy (Issue 84)
    Singapore: @hirondelle09 (Issue 73), @DeKay (Issue 83)
    The Netherlands: @MDianaSanders (Issue 76)
    Scotland. UK: @InaMac69 (Issue 79)
    Italy: @paogae (Issue 93)
    Norway: @MagicBlueDragon (Issue 100)
    Czech Republic: @Maladi777 (Issue107)

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited July 2016
    lisamagicalland2.jpg

Hi I’m Lisa and I’d like to welcome you all to Lisa’s Magical Land where beautiful lots and rooms just seem to pop right out of the ground! I will be scouring the gallery for my favourite lots and rooms and showcasing them here. I’d also like you all to get involved by nominating your favourite lots and rooms. I’d like to add I am so happy we can all come together as a community and celebrate each other’s creativity. So let’s get building!
    Lisas%20magical%20land.jpg

All Past Issues can be found here!

Issue #13
    For the young and the young at heart

In this issue of Lisa’s Magical Land I will be showcasing just a few builds that have to do with kids! You may have noticed since the release of Kids Room Stuff the Gallery has been flooded with some creative and adorable builds and rooms. There are so many I couldn’t even come close to showcasing them all! So here are just a few that caught my eye. And, if you have a build or room that’s related to kids please share it with us on the last page of this post! And, don’t forget to tag me in it…

First I will be showcasing a build that was made for the Quality Control Challenge (you can find the current challenge HERE) It’s called Daycare Just for Kids by the talented @lisi_ja It has a wonderful and creative exterior that pops in all the colors of the rainbow! And, I must say the interior is even more impressive and have everything a Sim kid could need to have a great day with his or her friends! If you’d like it in your game you can find it HERE
    sck4.jpg

The second showcase is for all you pokemon lovers out there (*cough cough* I might be one of them) and, it is aptly named Pokemon House and is by the very creative @Laelewen It has everything you could need to live comfortably and then some. Lots of little details abound in this wonderful creation. If you’d like it in your game you can find it HERE
    sck5.jpg

Now on to some rooms because, we all know kids like a place they can call their own. This first room made me so happy because it combines my two geeky loves. Harry potter and the Sims of course! It’s called Harry Potter's fan room and it’s by the talented @KatsumiS there’s so many little details in this room that if you’re a true Potterhead like I am it will make you very happy! If you like this room in your game you can find it HERE
    sck3.jpg

Now is an adorable little themed bedroom called Lady Bug Bedroom By the talented @Mandykay77 it’s an adorable little room that really captures it’s theme well. It would be a great room for any kid and has plenty of activities to keep your sim child busy! If you’d like it in your game you can find it HERE
    sck1.jpg

Last but certainly not least is an adorable girly room called Girls Big Dream by the talented @Sonnenblume_7780 it’s a very pretty room decorated in pastels for your tween girl. It has lots of book storage and plenty to keep your sim child busy. If you’d like this lovely little room in your game you can find it HERE
    sck2.jpg

Happy Simming and Building everyone! :)
    Post edited by lisa17ann on
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    edited February 2016
    Mommas%20Neighbourhood.jpg
    suzy%20sprinkles.png

Hi everyone! I am Suzie Sprinkles. I live in Momma's Neighborhood and I am looking to find some great sims to move into my game! I plan to search the gallery for awesome Sim Households. If yours gets picked, I will showcase your sim on my thread with a link for readers to download it and you may even be contacted to share your creative process for your creation! Each showcased sim will be replaced with the next showcased sim to give everyone a chance to be my neighbor!

For all past editions please go to the Archive thread here: SimCom-Momma's Neighborhood Archives

Edition Four

Suzie Babysitting at the Zapata Household

pb8qwRu.png

Searching the gallery today for some great single family households that stand apart from all the rest, I came across the adorable Zapata family by Origin Id @Lyntle.

The description states that after her husband's death, when their son was a baby, this beautiful mom has struggled to be a single parent and after moving to a new town for a better life. Araceli can only hope that she is doing right by her son whom she loves and adores. Zane is always helping his mom around the house and hopes that this new town will change their luck.

00.jpg

Aren't they just so sweet! My heart aches for the story line and Suzie felt compelled to help out in anyway she could.

01.jpg

Araceli Zapata
    Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
    Traits: Cheerful, Loves the Outdoors, and Active

02.jpg

Zane Zapata
    Aspiration: Social Butterfly
    Trait: Neat

(He sure looks like he loves to get into some mischief though doesn't he?!)

We here at SimCom wish you nothing but success and happiness Araceli and Zane!

*************************************************************************************

Check out Edition Five Coming Soon....
    Momma%20banner.jpg

In addition to showcasing my favorite sims, I will also be hosting Won't You Be My Neighbor! Which will be a fun little game where I will post themes and you create a sim that fits the theme and share it on the threads. It isn't a competition but who knows it might help you increase your downloads! Be sure to show us ALL of the outfits available for the sim! ;) Come on and play!!!!

Won't You Be My Neighbor Thread Interaction

The New Year's Eve celebrations have our beloved Suzie Sprinkles in partying mood. She would sure love some like-minded sims to join her in her neighborhood! Won't you be Suzie's neighbor??!

Ok Everyone! Here is your chance. Let's see your New Year's Eve Ready Sims!!!!!!!!!!! Post pics with link to download.

~~HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!~~
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2016
    Pebblycats%20Corner_zpskg1ngr1d.jpg
    Here at Pebblycat’s Corner we are looking for new ideas on how you can style your Sims and your Sims’ homes. These Ideas will be displayed on the “Ideas Board” and the board may contain themes for builds, hot colour combinations, creative ideas from your builds (I will be searching the gallery) and inspirational pictures from real homes or people. If you have ideas that you would like featured on the board then please contact me through the mail or you can post it on the thread.
    For each edition of the Ideas Board I hope it inspires you to create and I would love for you to share it with us (must have an aspect from the ideas board included). Creations will have the chance to be showcased in addition to the board so please use the #SimComIdeas in the gallery or provide a link to your showcase thread. If you have a creation to share please contact me through the mail or post to the thread!
    Simcom_zpszuxcvhe3.jpg
    Edition 8a - Roof Talk
    Personally I find roofing the hardest and most frustrating thing about building in Sims 4 and would love to have auto roof back. I’m pretty bad at creating roofs and you’ll often hear me cursing endlessly at the computer. Luckily for us there are some talented and kind people who take the time to make tutorials and answer our questions on those pesky roofs.

One of these people is @sawdust who has created a thread over in the Australian forum to help us better understand types of roofs, placement and placement methods as well as roof decorations. With @sawdust’s permission I will be featuring her tutorials here for you all to see! I’ll spread it over a few issues of Pebblycat’s corner but if you have any questions feel free to head on over to the Aussie site* (see note at the end of the post) and check out the thread.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Part 2:

Gambrel Roof

A gambrel roof is basically a gabled roof with two pitches. The lower part of the roof has a steeper pitch than the top part of the roof. They're the sort of rooves you see on barns and sometimes the Cape Cod style homes. I've used it on my Elven Inn and the barn on Uncle Henry's Farm builds.

You need to build a smaller room on top about 2 squares in from the side. Using the half gable apply a section to each side as below

n5nebzl9dams.png

Raise the half gable section to be roughly as high as the walls on the second storey. While holding down the "shift" key, drag the arrow that is circled in the picture down to reduce the overhang. By holding shift it will only reduce one side. You will need to do this for both half gable sections.

rm5kmzuypq09.png

Then place a full gable roof section on top of the second storey and drag either arrow that is circled in the picture up to reduce the overhang. As we want both sides to reduce this time we don't hold down the "shift" key.

ljq21fs63owd.png

You should now have something like the picture below. You can see where I have circled, the top and bottom sections don't quite meet cleanly. You will need to adjust the heights of both half gables up slightly and decrease the height of the full gable on top until all rooves meet cleanly. Sometimes you will need to hold down the "alt" key so you have more control when adjusting the heights.

teg71dv6q2em.png

If you have done it right you should end up with something like the roof below.

m43otxqe0sbp.png

Dutch Gable/ Gablet Roof

In real life this type of roof would give you a little more head room in an attic but for the Sims it acts more of a decoration breaking up a plain ol' hipped roof. And that's where we begin ...

Place a hipped roof as below.

1d1bnez60l6l.png

Then place a gable roof over the same width but a tile or two less in length. The length of the gable will determine how much of the gable you will see. If it's too short, you won't see any, if it's too long you will only see gable and no hipped roofing.

x5vap9eafygj.png

The two roof types together should look like the picture below. As the gable section has eaves (overhang) and the hipped section doesn't, we need to remove the eaves from the gable. Do this by dragging the arrow that is circled in the picture up.

jiiu00n9uuxa.png

Then it's just a matter of adjusting the height making sure you keep the same pitch for both rooves. It's easiest to adjust the hipped roof first.

nbdy5cr5n5ep.png

This style of roof also forms the basis of an Asian hip and gable roof but we'll talk about Asian style roofing later on.

Mansard Roof

A Mansard roof has a relatively steep pitch but is flat on top and is used on a style of architecture known as Second Empire. Unfortunately we don't have a draw tool for a Mansard roof like we did in Sims 3 but we can make our own. The smallest area you can cover with a mansard roof is a 3 x 3 square block so if you want to build a tower structure with a mansard roof you will need to make it at least that size.

We begin by building a room on top that will serve as the flat part of the mansard roof. Draw the room between 1 to 3 squares from the outer edge of the room below. How many squares will determine pitch, less squares = steeper pitch.

d9lblsylp948.png

Then using the half hipped section we cover the lower floor around the outside of the upper floor.

cb5l6yhq71qo.png
    mpt8fbpe32xz.png

Once all 4 sides are in place we raise the height of each roof section until it is roughly level with the top of the upper floor.

gbld8hiegd88.png
    nbh2dh77qbds.png

Then using the fence tool, choose the style of fencing you want and place it around all 4 edges of the upper storey.

geduc0quvcgl.png

Then choose a trim to neaten the area where fence meets roof. I've used the Jutting trim in the picture but you can use whatever you want. If you use the Stepped or Dentil (the two on the end) you may need to lower each roof slightly so the full trim can be seen. In the picture I have highlighted where to find trims with an arrow.

ldxjgf7j5f0e.png

Then it's just a matter of finishing off with your choice of roof trim and roof pattern and you should have something that looks like this.

oy1o3lgo88or.png

**************************************************************************************************************************************
    Stay tuned for part three of Roof Talk!

*If you haven’t visited the Australian forum before you will automatically become a new member so don’t panic! To get member status it’s the same process as the US forums so introduce yourself and write a few posts and you’ll be a member in no time ;)
    You can find past editions of Pebblycat's Corner Here
    Post edited by Pebblycat on
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2016
    Pammiechicks%20Story%20Picks.jpg

Hello, fellow sim junkies! I’m Pammiechick—a person who loves to play the Sims! By trade, I write stories for children, but when I explore the Sims, I love to pen adult stories through different challenges! The sims seem to tell their own stories, too—it’s so much fun to see them at work!

That said, this little section of SimCom will be dedicated to some of the most creative, well written stories I’ve come across. I will highlight those stories people may not have read before.

So, without further ado, let’s get started!

Pammiechicks%20story%20picks.jpg

☆☆ EDITION 8 ☆☆

It's been a while since I updated this, but the story I'm about to share with you is worth the wait! Not following a challenge, author @Jellysimwich weaves a young adult tale of a girl, Desiree Osei, who finds herself living with her estranged father whom she never knew growing up. And suddenly, she now lives next door to a guy her age who, btw, is VERY easy on the eyes. Add in another boy she meets at school who is her best friend's enemy and you have a cauldron of teenaged angst, triangle romance, and a bit of mystery that will leave you pining away for the next chapter!

09-30-16_8-18-13nbspPM_zpsqejwbtw9.png

22_zps57wl42zu.png

The characters here are written with so much depth and layers that it's hard not to love all of them. So, it's difficult on your emotions on which boy to root for in the love triangle--Elliot or Dodi? Not only that, but @Jellysimwich is a machinima artist who also throws in a video teaser from time to time. It's an amazing story that you must check out-- LIFE IS.

10-10-16_11-56-28nbspAM_zpsikqjknk1.png

I asked @Jellysimwich a few questions about how she went about telling this story:

10-03-16_12-10-25nbspPM_zps76hpo0z0.png

1. Your story is unlike most where people use a challenge as a story starter. What made you decide to do an original story?

I have a really hard time following rules and guidelines. I discovered early on that dancing to the beat of my own drum suits me best, and so, writing an original story was mostly a no-brainer. For me it's rewarding to concoct my own recipe from start to finish.

04d_zpscwmvy0qk.png

2. Unlike most romances, I like both leading males. What is it about these characters do you like most?

It's hard to pinpoint one thing I like most about Elliot and Dodi. We're still pretty early in the series and we're only just starting to scratch the surface of what makes each of them 'tick'. But as a generality, I enjoy Elliot's lighthearted demeanor and the straight-shooter that Dodi is. I'd probably add they're not bad on the eyes, either...

06-22-16_5-21-01PM_a_zpsfishdgem.png

4. Will this story have a definite ending or will it go generationally like other stories. If it will end, do you know how many chapters we can expect?

I've recently become torn over this. Initially, I was going to write this as a short story with a definite ending but as I've expanded on characters' backstories (opening up subplots) I've made adjustments where there will be 'seasons' much like an ongoing TV series. I estimate each season will have about 20 chapters.

As a fan, I'm VERY thankful for that!

52_zpsf5fsy2mz.png

4. In the middle of the chapters, you do a short video. Why did you decide to do this? What kind of media did you use for your video capture? Was it hard to "force" your sims to "behave" for their scenes?

I don't like being trapped in one medium when I do storytelling, so periodically, I will bounce between written format and movie format. For me it's refreshing and hopefully my readers will find it refreshing, too. To make my videos I use Sony Vegas and Power Director. As for getting my sims to do exactly what I want for animated scenes, it does take some time and patience, but I was a machinima artist long before I was a simlit writer so I'm fairly comfortable working my way around staging animations.

10-09-16_7-38-33nbspPM_zps11r92ieh.png

5. Have you written other stories?

Life Is is my first simlit story but I have done a lot of storytelling, both Sims 3 and 4, on my YouTube channels. One of my most successful stories was my Walking Dead comic-style series featuring Daryl Dixon. I also had a Supernatural series underway featuring the Winchester brothers but then the Sims 4 came out and I dropped it.

10-07-16_12-01-16nbspPM_zpsiya5i0r9.png

6. You are a pose maker. What are some of your favorite poses you've created? How can we download these?

I'm a sucker for the lovey-dovey type poses but lately I've been into making somber-esque ones. My mainstream poses can be found at Jellysimwich Sims 4 Poses. I'm working towards adding animations but I'm finding that I don't quite have the time to invest in that right now.

7. Are you doing any other creative endeavors with the sims?

Sometimes I have a nasty habit of biting off more than I can chew! So for now, I am going to primarily focus on Life Is. That said, I do have a new Sims 4 series I'll be releasing sometime this fall or after the New Year that will be posted on my YouTube channel. I don't want to give too much away but it'll be another original young adult fiction.

If you want an interesting romance that is eloquently written and adds more than just words, please check out LIFE IS by @Jellysimwich !

Here's the youtube trailer, too!

See you next time!

Pammiechick

STORY PICK ARCHIVES

EDITION 7--TAKEN BY STORME by @JoieWilder

EDITION 6--ANGEL IN THE DARKNESS by @Marialein

EDITION 5--LILITH'S STORY--A HISTORY CHALLENGE by @Zoey95

EDITION 4--Disney Bachelor Challenge by @swcheppes

EDITION 3--CURSED BEAUTY by @VIRTUALEE

EDITION 2--THE HEFFNER LEGACY by @Maladi777

EDITION 1--PARA NORMAL NEIGHBORHOOD by @CitizenErased14
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Cbears%20Creative%20Studio.jpg

Banneer.jpg

Hi and welcome to my creative studio, I absolutely love seeing what ideas people come up with and what they create and a couple of things I am really interested in the sims is photography and paintings by reference.
    There are some amazing creations on the gallery of paintings and such that simmers have made that I will be hunting for and showcasing here.
    I will also be trying to create some of my own though I am no expert. I would love to see what you can create also so please feel free to post on the thread your photos of anything in sims (the more creative the better) and I will choose some to showcase. It would be great if you can put them on the gallery also and I will share the links for people to use them to.

I also have seen some amazing paintings by reference, you can create your own scenes to paint or try capture sims in action.

Any that are put on the gallery please attach the hashtag #simcom so I can find them easily

For all past editions please go to the Archive thread here: SimCom - Cbears Creative Studio Archives

I also now and then may put up some a theme for some photos or paintings for people to try capture and post pictures of and I will showcase the most creative ones. Decorating your sims homes with photos and paintings can really give it it's own personality and style and really brings them alive.

☆☆ EDITION 4 ☆☆

Photography%20banner.jpg

This week I have found some wonderful Alien photos though the person who uploaded them have their comments disabled which always makes me a bit wary so if they are stolen from someone else please let me know I have tried to find them on the gallery from someone else and haven't so far, they are all CC free so download them and decorate your favourite lot to play with now. Don't forget to hashtag the creator and credit in your comments if you upload anything using these.

Ranocchia14%20photos%20Ed4.jpg
    Alien People 2 - (Download here) by Ranocchia14
    I love these alien photos they look so happy and I love the poses

I know this piece is not photos but wall art and I think it looks amazing and so creative.

-Komalie-%20wall%20art%20Ed4.jpg

Birdie - (Download here) by -Komalie-
    They have many more creative wall art on their gallery so check it out.

Feel free to post your photos from your sims in game and if you upload them to the gallery please share the link

Painting%20by%20Reference.jpg
    With our paintings this edition I wasn't looking for a particular theme but just picked out some that look completely different that caught my eye.

KtosikG%20Paintings%20Ed%204.jpg
    ♥Paintings 4♥ (Download here) by KtosikG

These gorgeous landscape paintings would be the perfect addition to your house.

And some of you know I have my own horses and a lover of anything magical I couldn't help but share these amazing unicorn paintings.

TemerianRye%20paintings%20ED%204.jpg

♪♥♪Unicorns♪♥♪ +1 (Download here) by @TemerianRye
    Simply gorgeous and great colors to add to a child's room.

Lastly these gorgeous warm colors on these paintings

kass2217%20paintings%20Ed4.jpg

Sunrise colors art (Download here) by KassSimsDesign otherwise known as kass2217.

Please feel free to share your artwork.

As for my screenshots of landscaping around sims, I found this gorgeous fishing spot in Newcrest and just had to share, I especially loved watching the swans swim on the water.

Screenshot%20fishing%20spots%20Ed4.jpg

I would love to see your favourite fishing spots

If you have some lovely photos or paintings that you would like to share please post them on the thread and I will randomly pick ones to showcase here.
    Also random funny pictures that you make take of your simming we would love to see aswell.

For all past editions please go to the Archive thread here: SimCom - Cbears Creative Studio Archives

RESERVED

Reserved
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

RESERVED
    Reserved
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    We are still setting up this thread but feel free to comment :)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    This is such a great idea I love this thread already :) might share something soon but I already have a community thread for you I sent @cbear31 a pm
    Thank you @Julyvee94 I will check it out and glad you like it, not set up yet but should be awesome once we have all the posts up and running
    Oh wow! @Cbear13 Loving the Creative Studio! Nice.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

edited December 2015
    SimCom%20announcement.jpg
    Edition 1 up on Lisas Magical Land, showcases starring @Manssom, @mommataurus2 and @Pebblycat
    Check it out here: Lisas Magical Land
    Thank you @lisa17ann for showcasing the Brass Pig :)
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thank you @lisa17ann for showcasing the Brass Pig :)

It was my pleasure @Pebblycat it's so cute!

Pebblycat's Corner Edition 1 out now!! Find it here: Pebblycat's Corner
    This edition features builds by:
    Great first Issues @Cbear13 and @Pebblycat I need to try the skylights for sure @BryonyRae 's build looks so amazing! Purple is my favorite color tho! <3

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thanks for the mention @Pebblycat! Seems like this will be an interesting thread with quite a variety topics. I look forward to seeing how it evolves. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Awesome @mommataurus2 ! Looks fun! And I love Suzie Sprinkles!!! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Thanks for the mention @Pebblycat! Seems like this will be an interesting thread with quite a variety topics. I look forward to seeing how it evolves. :)

You're welcome! Vivid Dance Club is a fantastic venue, I may have had a play with it too ;)
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    BryonyRae wrote: »

You're welcome! Vivid Dance Club is a fantastic venue, I may have had a play with it too ;)

Yes! I definitely will download and play it! Love the new clubs!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hi everyone, welcome to SimCom.
    Just a shout out to welcome you over here and I hope you all enjoy this thread and get involved. It is still a working progress getting the first editions up but we will make announcements on this thread when we update. Also The Gazette has now moved over here to be apart of SimCom so please bookmark to keep up with the interviews :)
    Please excuse me for the shout out I will only be doing one and sorry if I have missed peoples names as there is so many of you.

Thank you and I hope you guys enjoy the thread.

@AIRIS6962 @alexis3142 @Anarayne @Ash072 @bilalsaid @bobskellington @BreeMiles @BryonyRae @Buildnshare @BUTTONSGINGER @Brennachan @Cassee @CazzTregurtha @chealsycat @Chubbychuck @Candy_Ellen @Carewren123 @Castiel @Chris2fer03 @DavidMCSessy @Dels @dollarbill88 @Don_Oello @Dragon1235 @elanorbreton @Emma-LeeXOXO @EmmaVane @erica_rodrigues @esharpmajor @flubber32c4 @folala @foxfaes @Ginzu19 @gmcrozier @GuruFanNo1 @gothkittymimi @InaMac69 @ironknight35 @isleroux @jafhsdf @InvisibleLyndz @JesxSims @Joolster @joanb615 @JoeJoe11 @Judiland @Karababy52 @kamb1403 @kameliaxxx @kezflake @Kreatora @Kojik @Kerrrstin @KitKat7147 @KingWifey26 @LemmyLouch @Lumysims2000 @lovelylyssia095 @LeslieM25 @leotrixy @MorriSan @Moodbeamy @mommataurus2 @MizoreYukii @masajo @Manssom @MaggiSimmer @Nhicks @Nejioranaid @megsteroo @matthia @marcel21 @Ojenn @oblivion627 @Oliana @okv @professorlilith @PoppieGirl @Pebblycat @picklesthecat114 @PavlaProvaz @pammiechick @porkipine @pronterus @PersRealmsShadow @RyeCris16 @Rutsimania @Rostri-Jodu @Rosie38 @Rivendellstar @rosemow @swcheppes @Soraya4sims @SilverDaybreak @SakuraLeon @StrangeGirlSimmer @sofia4u @Sim3fan1986 @Sid1701D9 @sashraf @Twiggy @TS_Diva @Tiki5872 @Tip @tounette56 @TINYTEARZ @Thetford @themysticalpoet @Unfug013 @vethesims @vampiirre @Vanderetro @wyn @WrathofCath @Xoxka @XLiveleX @Xinqiun @YJB19299 @YumYumCoffee @yanti68 @zbern12 @Ash89 @Meeshelby @kec811 @LilacErin @samsims @lialia54 @Sims3ambitions @Rivers @mz_munster @Lorchies @Karababy52 @BabyCarrotz @Issabella14 @PurpleKenzie19 @Gemmabubbles @BobSkellington @Minstrel @ayeden @Amazingamphy @ONIGIRISIMS @sennie @emilyduru @heather1306 @Kandy @Amiutza @SassyDana @ilovebunnys65 @popettypop2012 @Nataria @Summer_Storm @ScripticJustice @ScripticJustice @Knoxhood @MDianaSanders @MandysAMess @SikoaGrace @DaniqaSimmer @MightyDan @sillyangel0906 @OChloe @RacerX780 @limesim2 @Quaay @SimsFur @manda9801 @Enolan @ChelleJo @Pixiejuice @simsjammy @Juliee101 @MrSimmis @DomonicLaurens @The_SimScraper @Catloverplayer @Orchid13 @XSimMimX @wolfkomoki1 @Brisendine @SimplyTori @xMint @Simslover163 @Corenren @SpecterCody @lisa17ann @Issabella14 @MarkHarris17 @steskens @CitizenErased14 @Jes2G @Chrinnie @chips46 @popettypop2012 @Liziann1 @KojiK @thegizky @JasonAnthonySterling @DeKay