Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do we determine Maxis Faves?

Comments

• MiabananaaMiabananaa Posts: 93 Member
    @kass17 I know! They JUST favourited a household which was UGLY AF and no hashtags, no description, nothing. Also, I looked at the persons profile, and they had 0 followers and that was their 1st creation. I mean really.
    Nothing is impossible; even the word spells I'm possible.
    Ea Account ID-Miabananaa
  • MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Wow, I would be pretty sad if it was my creation getting faved and I saw this.. :'(
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    @Miliksim I couldn't agree more.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited November 2015
    @SimGuruDrake thanks for letting us know about your process when providing a Maxis Fave and for answering everyone's questions. I'm glad to read that you're still checking out our nominations on the recommendations thread because I haven't been seeing many faves coming from there lately.

About you not enabling MOO before placing a build on a lot: I understand the reasons behind it and I know sometimes it won't be a problem because objects will stay in place even without the cheat being ON. It certainly is a bummer though that a build may not be faved because of the use of MOO. Some of the most amazing builds I've seen have MOO all over the place... :neutral:
  • BADABLONDEBADABLONDE Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2015
    > @MarkHarris17 said:
    > I just wanted to add in here nothing bothers me more then when I download a lot and I can't enter a room always play test it when you use MOO. I get that you spend hours on it and want to share,but maybe take the extra 10 minutes to test it. I know I can spend up to 3 to 4 hours on a room and I'm exhausted, but I take 5 minutes just to make sure. Now back to room and sim designing.

I agree also we should take the time to playtest. I've been playtesting mine because why upload it to the gallery if others can't or don't know how to use it.
    Also, I know it would probably be too much to do, but maybe 3 different levels of Maxis fav's could help make everyone happy?
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    If this can help to anybody who use MOO, this is what I do:

When I complete a build or room ( I use MOO many often ) I do this:
    1.-Disable all cheats.
    2.-Save the house/room in my library.
    3.-Go to other empty lot and install it from my library, without any cheat enabled.
    4.-Move my tester family to the lot and check that everything is in their place and it´s playable.

And this is what I mean when I use the hashtag #playtested

Does not take long and worth it.

Anyway, for much that we can feel honoured to be faved by Maxis, I build for fun and because I love to, not for Maxis (if Maxis faved, great!; but if not, don´t care)
    I love to play so all I build or download should be playable.

I´ve realized that since this post/thread was published many people have ceased to indicate #MOO in their uploads :confused:

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    If this can help to anybody who use MOO, this is what I do:

When I complete a build or room ( I use MOO many often ) I do this:
    1.-Disable all cheats.
    2.-Save the house/room in my library.
    3.-Go to other empty lot and install it from my library, without any cheat enabled.
    4.-Move my tester family to the lot and check that everything is in their place and it´s playable.

And this is what I mean when I use the hashtag #playtested

Does not take long and worth it.

Anyway, for much that we can feel honoured to be faved by Maxis, I build for fun and because I love to, not for Maxis (if Maxis faved, great!; but if not, don´t care)
    I love to play so all I build or download should be playable.

I´ve realized that since this post/thread was published many people have ceased to indicate #MOO in their uploads :confused:

Very Well said @Airis6962 <3
  • HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    edited January 2016
    Honestly after making a few creations for awhile I learned that getting a Maxis favourite is no longer that important to me. ^.^ I have a lot of awesome people supporting me and being super nice to me. I just think that's better than getting a Maxis fav in my opinion. Even if I do get one someday I will always be thankful to the community no matter what. :)

Does it help get your gallery more popular? Yeah definitely because of all that free publicity. But I don't think you should worry too much about the popularity, it's not a contest. As long as you put a lot of love and care into what you create then sooner or later someone might stumble upon it and appreciate what you've done with it. It creates a mutual respect for one another. :)
    Post edited by Heaveness on
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Thank you @BreeMiles !! <3

Absolutly agree with you @Heaveness !! :)
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thank you for the information @SimGuruDrake . I build and create because I love it, but I suppose it would be kind of cool to get a Maxis fav someday. I #playtest my builds, but I will make sure and double check. I see some very creative uses of #MOO that are completely dysfunctional and that does bug me, but it seems it bugs you guys too. I like that lol. Creativity and quality can coincide.
  • annabee53annabee53 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @BADABLONDE said:

> Also, I know it would probably be too much to do, but maybe 3 different levels of Maxis fav's could help make everyone happy?

Yeah! Maybe they could do Monday and Tuesday showcase the newbies (people we never heard of before) Wednesday and Thursday showcase the people who have one or two maxis favorites then Friday showcase "the household names"
  • GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    edited December 2015
    If the Maxis faves are so heavily screened, I don't understand why reuploaded (stolen) creations are sometimes faved. I even saw a Maxis fave once for one of their own ingame houses.

I don't use social media so I know I will probably never get faved, but that's ok because I build for the enjoyment of other players. It is extremely discouraging when people reupload my work, stealing the credit for it, and I have decided that if Maxis ever faves one of those I will withdraw from the gallery community completely. However, that hasn't yet happened, and neither have I received a fave directly, but that's fine. I just create for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of honest players. :)
  • BADABLONDEBADABLONDE Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2015
    If the Maxis faves are so heavily screened, I don't understand why reuploaded (stolen) creations are sometimes faved. I even saw a Maxis fave once for one of their own ingame houses.

I don't use social media so I know I will probably never get faved, but that's ok because I build for the enjoyment of other players. It is extremely discouraging when people reupload my work, stealing the credit for it, and I have decided that if Maxis ever faves one of those I will withdraw from the gallery community completely. However, that hasn't yet happened, and neither have I received a fave directly, but that's fine. I just create for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of honest players. :)

I even seen one the other day that the whole inside wasn't finished.
  • grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2015

This happened to me. My house was stolen and reuploaded and maxis favorited it (even after favoriting the original that I uploaded myself) and it ended up getting twice as many downloads and favorites. Luckily SimGuruBChick was awesome and helped me out and was able to unfavorite it, but it still felt horrible to have worked so hard on something and have it stolen like that.
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    Just curious what tags do you search on Tumblr? I mean I have a Tumblr but not at all a Sims one though may start one but not sure cause still months on posting here on my showcase thread and nada. Still seems very popular kids when a Fave goes out to a framed out house with no deco or anything then you have others that take weeks to make and look fantastic Just seems so very Odd. Maybe comment on some if there were Moo Issues so they at least know someone nominated them and what they should fix as it is very very disheartening.
  • AmberlousmithAmberlousmith Posts: 42 Member
    I do not understand why Maxis favourites some of the households on the gallery. Some of the Sims aren't particularly creative, usually it is just a teen girl in a cute outfit and it will get thousands of likes. Maybe if there was a good background story to the Sim it would be okay but most of the time there isn't.
  • Zvi_MeirZvi_Meir Posts: 9 New Member
    I this think that Maxis randomly picks out stuff from the gallery sometimes it seems. The rooms or buildings they pick are great but sometimes the sims they pick out are either great or this odd looking in a way. Heck only one of my sims got favourites by Maxis and i think it was only random luck.
  • babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    I think it is a popularity contest, myself, I spend a lot of time on my builds and I have many. I have not a one Maxis fav. My Mr. Clean has almost 2000 downloads and even won a contest on SIMSVIP in November of 2014, and still no fav. Many, many houses built, no fav. It certainly makes us builders feel unworthy, or is it "unpopular"?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2016
    I build small, usually empty houses that might be found in uk suburbs and don't expect to be faved by Maxis but it makes me feel good when some get favourited by simmers. It is difficult to get any noticed because so many houses get uploaded that any house you upload is halfway down the screen a couple of minutes later. I've still passed 1400 downloads though.

I took them all off the Gallery when the new EP came out to upgrade them, so am currently using all the Tudor styles that came with Get together.

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Great information and thank you for elaborating SimGuruDrake!
    I don't mind the criteria, as it's honestly quite reasonable and showcases should be focused on builds that are functional and easily obtainable for the average simmer.
    I'm a MOO addict, but I build for me and those few who enjoy the same types of builds I do, so it doesn't bother me that I'm at a disadvantage for Maxis favorites. I'm just happy we have these tools that allow us to express our individual creativity and manipulate our sim's environment! The fact that we can share it with each other so easily is even more wonderful.

Thank you for this! It's greatly appreciated. <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    rcone wrote: »
    So if you use Moo (for landscaping) you get disqualified period so I can assume I will never get a fave even though my builds are very good.
    Its rather sad honestly and explains the majority of builds faved being rather bland.

IE
    disqulified because I made Ivy crawlers
    10-18-15_12-00-53nbspAM_1.png
    or this one as to get a actually flower garden to look proper you have to use #MOO
    10-25-15_2-34-53nbspAM.png
    10-25-15_2-35-31nbspAM.png

YOu are leaving out a huge number of builds doing this honestly as I do not think I could even do a decent looking build with out using Moo maybe have people make a note at beginning of their gallery of house how to turn on MOO ??? because I would.

This house is so beautiful! amazing work.
    I only dream. :)
    @lovlyb Thank you weeks worth of work go into my builds and am getting rather downed seeing unamazing builds show up on Maxis faves.

So yeah not even getting messages saying why certain builds do not qualify does make me feel like giving up and quiting uploading homes as it is I now just do not care about getting them out faster for people I just feel beaten down esp when I see a basic square house with no effort given getting a maxis fave ..... yeah just getting to that point.
    @rcone Your Welcome, but I think you should have a showcase thread in the creative corner thread. I would love to see more builds of yours, I usually stay in that spot on the forums.

ps. you can more people to see your builds and then someone just may nominated one of your builds if not, at least your hard work will be recognized by the community.
    @Lovlyb already have a thread Rconewarriors Creations http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857850/rconewarriors-creations/p1 unless there is a different place then The Sims 4 Lots location
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top